PDA

View Full Version : Mccain's Commencement Speech - Ann Coulter's take

47straight
5/25/2006, 07:46 AM
I don't always find her amusing or even interesting, but this one was!

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

You can substitute her observations on the New School's homogenity for what I perceive around Austin sometimes, which might be why I found it so amusing.

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 07:58 AM
Being astonishing ignorant of current media personalities, I am less than vaguely familiar with Ann Coulter. But this struck me as a dead-on summary of today's "Establishment Liberals":

"Even the original '60s anti-war protesters were rebelling against at least 5 percent of their professors. Today's college liberals ape the beliefs of 99 percent of their professors and then pretend they're on-the-edge radicals.

We've always had to endure goody two-shoes apple-polishers — kids with their hands always up, who turn in talkers when the teacher leaves the classroom and volunteer for extra work after school. But not until today's college liberals have we ever had to suffer the effrontery of the ***-kissers telling us: 'I'm bad — I clean erasers for teachers after class because I'm baaad'...[T]hey're spineless suck-ups. Just don't insult my intelligence by telling me they're brave."
And she made me laugh.

SicEmBaylor
5/25/2006, 08:04 AM
She can be funny, at times, and that's about all she is.

Hatfield
5/25/2006, 08:50 AM
she just spews insane rhetoric in a desperate attempt to try and stay psuedo relevant....so basically she isn't unlike any other talking head/author.

Widescreen
5/25/2006, 12:21 PM
I'm not really a Coulter fan but that was spot on. I saw the beginning of that Rohe chick's speech and I really couldn't believe it. She said something like "I've decided to set aside my prepared comments that I spent several months writing to just share what's on my heart". And then she proceeded to read prepared comments about how horrible McCain is. Basically she was appearing to pull the old technique that makes people go "Wow, she feels so strongly about this issue that we're going to hear impromptu remarks directly from her brain." If she was really speaking from her heart, she wouldn't have had it all laid neatly out to read.

Rhino
5/25/2006, 12:50 PM
http://www.overspun.com/images/Coulter.Alien.jpg

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 12:56 PM
I'm not really a Coulter fan but that was spot on. I saw the beginning of that Rohe chick's speech and I really couldn't believe it. She said something like "I've decided to set aside my prepared comments that I spent several months writing to just share what's on my heart". And then she proceeded to read prepared comments about how horrible McCain is. Basically she was appearing to pull the old technique that makes people go "Wow, she feels so strongly about this issue that we're going to hear impromptu remarks directly from her brain." If she was really speaking from her heart, she wouldn't have had it all laid neatly out to read.
All the nonconformists must conform to the nononformist form... or something.

And Ann Coulter is too skinny for me (she'll be sad to know).

OklahomaTuba
5/25/2006, 02:02 PM
The parts of this book she wrote are spot on as well. I think this is why she is so hated by leftists. (leftists hate, no way!)

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/1400054206.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54155315_.jpg

GODLESS is the most explosive book yet from #1 New York Times bestselling author Ann Coulter. In this completely original and thoroughly controversial work, Coulter writes, “Liberals love to boast that they are not ‘religious,’ which is what one would expect to hear from the state-sanctioned religion. Of course liberalism is a religion. It has its own cosmology, its own miracles, its own beliefs in the supernatural, its own churches, its own high priests, its own saints, its own total worldview, and its own explanation of the existence of the universe. In other words, liberalism contains all the attributes of what is generally known as ‘religion.’ ”

GODLESS throws open the doors of the “Church of Liberalism.”
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1400054206/102-8781337-3652138?v=glance&n=283155

SoonerInKCMO
5/25/2006, 02:07 PM
It has its own cosmology, its own miracles, its own beliefs in the supernatural, its own churches, its own high priests, its own saints, its own total worldview, and its own explanation of the existence of the universe.

I saw this review on Amazon a couple of hours ago - I have no idea what she's talking about in the parts I bolded. Would someone please explain what the liberal versions of these items are - and how they are exclusively liberal?

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 02:10 PM
I saw this review on Amazon a couple of hours ago - I have no idea what she's talking about in the parts I bolded. Would someone please explain what the liberal versions of these items are - and how they are exclusively liberal?
Ya gotta BUY the BOOK to find that stuff out.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/25/2006, 02:15 PM
She is in the left's TOP 5 most dreaded and hated conservative media members, I would have to say. I would have to rate Limbaugh the most hated, but after him, she could be next. The only thing keeping her from advancing is that she doesn't have a regular show. David Horowitz has the same problem, or he could be hated more.

OklahomaTuba
5/25/2006, 02:15 PM
its sacraments (abortion)

its holy writ (Roe v. Wade)

its martyrs (from Soviet spy Alger Hiss to cop-killer Mumia Abu Jamal)

its clergy (public school teachers, union leaders, activist judges, ACLU members, Lawyers)

its churches (government schools, where prayer is prohibited but condoms are free, the courts, where votes by the people are overturned on a whim)

its doctrine of infallibility (as manifest in the "absolute moral authority" of spokesmen from Cindy Sheehan to Max Cleland, or the Skyhigh taxes, income re-distribution and the welfare state are never wrong, the government is and should be the solution to all things, etc)

and its cosmology (in which mankind is an inconsequential accident)

SoonerInKCMO
5/25/2006, 02:29 PM
Tuba - you only addressed one (well, two sort of since cosmology and existence of the universe are pretty similar) of the three items I bolded. And you did not say how that cosmology is exclusively liberal. Unless, you're saying that only liberals can be scientists and ascribe to the big bang and evolution theories.

royalfan5
5/25/2006, 02:32 PM
My only thought on Ann Coulter is that she needs a sammich.

JohnnyMack
5/25/2006, 02:32 PM
its sacraments (abortion)

its holy writ (Roe v. Wade)

its martyrs (from Soviet spy Alger Hiss to cop-killer Mumia Abu Jamal)

its clergy (public school teachers, union leaders, activist judges, ACLU members, Lawyers)

its churches (government schools, where prayer is prohibited but condoms are free, the courts, where votes by the people are overturned on a whim)

its doctrine of infallibility (as manifest in the "absolute moral authority" of spokesmen from Cindy Sheehan to Max Cleland)

and its cosmology (in which mankind is an inconsequential accident)

I'm a liberal and I'm anti-abortion.

I'm a liberal and I think Roe v. Wade IS a state's right issue.

I'm a liberal and I think cop killers should be executed.

I'm a liberal and I think public school teachers, union leaders, ACLU members, Lawyers and such have both good members and bad members. I also think activist judges exist for both conservatives and liberals.

I'm a liberal and I don't want prayer in school. I was also in high school and realize that no matter what you do, kids are going to have sex. Only arrogance would allow one to think their kid won't experiment.

I'm a liberal and I think Cindy Sheehan is nuts. She does not now nor will she ever speak for me.

I'm a liberal and I'm not a Christian. I'm not a religious person at all. I find no more solace in Jesus Christ than I do in Buddha, Thor, Zeus or Zoroaster. They're all myths bent to soothe the savage mind.

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 02:36 PM
Tuba - you only addressed one (well, two sort of since cosmology and existence of the universe are pretty similar) of the three items I bolded. And you did not say how that cosmology is exclusively liberal. Unless, you're saying that only liberals can be scientists and ascribe to the big bang and evolution theories.
I think Coulter's (or her book's ) point is that "Liberalism" qualifies as a "religion" simply because it has established dogma on these religious-type issues. The actual substance of the dogmas is not critical to that proposition, only that the dogmas exist.

I'm just sayin'. I don't have a dogma in this fight.

:rolleyes:

SoonerInKCMO
5/25/2006, 02:38 PM
I'm just sayin'. I don't have a dogma in this fight.

Booooooo...

Actually, I like puns.

OklahomaTuba
5/25/2006, 02:51 PM
To be fair, I am not really sure what the mircles of liberalism are. What has it done in this country? The great society increased poverty, higher taxes brought in less taxes than the tax cuts by reagan and bush, universal healthcare is a disaster in Canada, UK and other places, social security is going to collapse, etc

So basically, i see it as having a long tradition of failing. It must be looking at how wonderful places like France are doing these days (double digit unemployment, riots in the streets, etc)

Scott D
5/25/2006, 02:52 PM
Ann Coulter needs to quit yapping and get back in the kitchen and make Rush a chicken pot pie.

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 02:55 PM
Ann Coulter needs to quit yapping and get back in the kitchen and make Rush a chicken pot pie.
She needs to make one for herself, too.

SoonerInKCMO
5/25/2006, 03:04 PM
To be fair, I am not really sure what the mircles of liberalism are. What has it done in this country? The great society increased poverty, higher taxes brought in less taxes than the tax cuts by reagan and bush, universal healthcare is a disaster in Canada, UK and other places, social security is going to collapse, etc

Federal government receipts as a percentage of GDP reached an all time high of 20.9% in 2000 after increasing 6 of the 8 years Clinton was in office. While Reagan was in office receipts decreased from 19.6% of GDP in 1981 to 18.3% in 1989. In 2003, the figure is 16.5% - the lowest since 1959.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2005/pdf/hist.pdf page 288.

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 03:06 PM
Federal government receipts as a percentage of GDP reached an all time high of 20.9% in 2000 after increasing 6 of the 8 years Clinton was in office. While Reagan was in office receipts decreased from 19.6% of GDP in 1981 to 18.3% in 1989. In 2003, the figure is 16.5% - the lowest since 1959.

But that's not what Rush said!

OklahomaTuba
5/25/2006, 03:06 PM

And didn't Clinton cut taxes in 1998? Middle class tax cut?

And what are the receipts of 2005? 2nd highest ever if I remember correctly? Also remember that the GDP has grown in part because of reduced taxes.

crawfish
5/25/2006, 03:08 PM
I'm a liberal and I'm anti-abortion.

I'm a liberal and I think Roe v. Wade IS a state's right issue.

I'm a liberal and I think cop killers should be executed.

I'm a liberal and I think public school teachers, union leaders, ACLU members, Lawyers and such have both good members and bad members. I also think activist judges exist for both conservatives and liberals.

I'm a liberal and I think Cindy Sheehan is nuts. She does not now nor will she ever speak for me.

The liberals just called, they revoked your card. :D

SoonerInKCMO
5/25/2006, 03:16 PM
And didn't Clinton cut taxes in 1998? Middle class tax cut?

And what are the receipts of 2005? 2nd highest ever if I remember correctly? Also remember that the GDP has grown in part because of reduced taxes.

Yes, he cut taxes in '98 - and '99 is one of the two years in which receipts as a percentage of GDP didn't increase.

GDP has grown every year since at least 1947... it would be hard to correlate the numbers with tax rates, I believe.

I don't know what the receipts of 2005 were - I wouldn't be surprised though if they are the second highest ever in absolute terms. As a percentage of GDP though, I would be surprised if the figure is over 20%. Do you know where I could find that information?

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 03:27 PM
....As a percentage of GDP though, I would be surprised if the figure is over 20%. Do you know where I could find that information?

How about Ru...
<sound of TUSooner being clubbed on the head by william favor and Tuba>

JohnnyMack
5/25/2006, 03:28 PM
The liberals just called, they revoked your card. :D

I was thinkin' after I typed it that maybe I'm not quite as liberal as I let on. :D

5/25/2006, 03:29 PM
But that's not what Rush said!There ya go pretending to listen to Rush again, when you clearly should be out replanting trees or something, there in NOLA.

Widescreen
5/25/2006, 03:32 PM
There ya go pretending to listen to Rush again, when you clearly should be out replanting trees or something, there in Chocolate Town.
Fixed.

SicEmBaylor
5/25/2006, 03:50 PM
I was thinkin' after I typed it that maybe I'm not quite as liberal as I let on. :D

:sigh: Don't feel too bad; there are many who don't consider me conservative at all.

5/25/2006, 03:56 PM
:sigh: Don't feel too bad; there are many who don't consider me conservative at all.Anybody who's a big fan of Patrick J. Buchanan has me confounded, for sure.

Taxman71
5/25/2006, 04:00 PM
This thread is way too serious. I would just like to add that I would hit it. Twice.

IronSooner
5/25/2006, 04:08 PM
To be fair, I am not really sure what the mircles of liberalism are.

I was thinking she was referring to the liberal belief that problems can be solved by throwing money at them. Broad statement, but that's the feeling I got from that statement.

Maybe we could take up a collection and send her some double bacon cheeseburgers made on krispy kreme buns?

5/25/2006, 04:10 PM
This thread is way too serious. I would just like to add that I would hit it. Twice.Well, ann looks kinda anorexic, but hawt, too. She could diddle your mind, and you'de be all "PUMP ME SOME FISCAL RELIEF, BEYOTCH"!

Scott D
5/25/2006, 04:11 PM
Well, ann looks kinda anorexic, but hawt, too. She could diddle your mind, and you'de be all "PUMP ME SOME FISCAL RELIEF, BEYOTCH"!

her hands are probably bigger than yours...nttawwt.

5/25/2006, 04:25 PM
her hands are probably bigger than yours...nttawwt.When she's blowing my mind, why would I care?

SoonerInKCMO
5/25/2006, 04:27 PM
This thread is way too serious. I would just like to add that I would hit it. Twice.

Nah... hit it once and you'd break it.

mdklatt
5/25/2006, 06:46 PM
Federal government receipts as a percentage of GDP reached an all time high of 20.9% in 2000 after increasing 6 of the 8 years Clinton was in office.

This is supposed to be a good thing? :confused:

mdklatt
5/25/2006, 06:52 PM
So basically, i see it as having a long tradition of failing.

Overall, the economy does better under Democrat administrations than Republican ones:

http://www.eriposte.com/economy/other/demovsrep.htm

I've seen other studies similar to this one.

Maybe this is because Democrats tend to focus on domestic issues while Republicans tend to focus on foreign policy issues?

OklahomaTuba
5/25/2006, 08:06 PM
Overall, the economy does better under Democrat administrations than Republican ones:

http://www.eriposte.com/economy/other/demovsrep.htm

I've seen other studies similar to this one.

Maybe this is because Democrats tend to focus on domestic issues while Republicans tend to focus on foreign policy issues?
Well, I don't think we have ever had a truly liberal president either, except for FDR, LBJ and Carter.

Was the new deal a success? I have heard both sides. Great society was an abismal failure (and the last new idea any lib has come up with) and Carter was basically the Schnellenburger of US presidents.

OklahomaTuba
5/25/2006, 08:12 PM
Oh, and another thing, that blog is part of a leftist webring that is so anti-conservative is amazing.

According to that website:
There is no liberal media bias
This is a jobless recovery
global warming is a concrete fact beyond question
Its pro gay marriage
Its pro open border
John Kerry is not a flip flopper
GOP committed voter suppresion and fraud (no matter only dims have been convicted of it)

Reality based my ***. Biased POS website that is MDK. Try again.

5/25/2006, 08:15 PM
Well, I don't think we have ever had a truly liberal president either, except for FDR, LBJ and Carter.

Was the new deal a success? I have heard both sides. Great society was an abismal failure (and the last new idea any lib has come up with) and Carter was basically the Schnellenburger of US presidents.Clinton just wants to be loved, and power. Hillary has him blackmailed big time, and he'll do what she wants, mostly.
Carter is the Callahan of US Presidents....look out Nebbish!

royalfan5
5/25/2006, 08:25 PM
Clinton just wants to be loved, and power. Hillary has him blackmailed big time, and he'll do what she wants, mostly.
Carter is the Callahan of US Presidents....look out Nebbish!
Callahan's already had more success than Carter. Thank You very much.

5/25/2006, 08:32 PM
Callahan's already had more success than Carter. Thank You very much.He's doomed to the same end, however, being the jerk-o*f that he is.

royalfan5
5/25/2006, 08:36 PM
He's doomed to the same end, however, being the jerk-o*f that he is.
I don't see Callahan building houses for the ppor or attempting to meddle in World Politics when he is done at Nebraska

mdklatt
5/25/2006, 08:52 PM
Reality based my ***. Biased POS website that is MDK. Try again.

Yes, the primary data used in that summary comes from such leftist sources as Forbes, the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the Federal Reserve, and the 2003 budget.

http://www.slate.com/default.aspx?id=2071929

But Democrats, it turns out, are much better for the stock market than Republicans. Slate ran the numbers and found that since 1900, Democratic presidents have produced a 12.3 percent annual total return on the S&P 500, but Republicans only an 8 percent return. In 2000, the Stock Trader's Almanac, which slices and dices Wall Street performance figures like baseball stats, came up with nearly the same numbers (13.4 percent versus 8.1 percent) by measuring Dow price appreciation.

http://pla.blogspot.com/2002_10_20_pla_archive.html#83472679

Under the 20 years of Republican administrations the number of non-defense government employees rose by 310,000.

Under the 20 years of Democratic administrations, the number of non-defense government employees rose by 59,000.

Of the 369,000 employees added between 1962 and 2001, 84% were added under Republican administrations and 16% were added under Democratic administrations.

5/26/2006, 12:18 AM
I don't see Callahan building houses for the ppor or attempting to meddle in World Politics when he is done at NebraskaLooks like I struck a nerve. I believe we agree wholeheartedly about Carter. He's pathetic, and a national embarrassment. I hope Callahan turns out better than Mistah Jimmi. However, we effin' hillbillies will surely remember his appreciation, and misunderstanding? of the oranges at Owen Field.

Octavian
5/26/2006, 01:01 AM
Looks like I struck a nerve. I believe we agree wholeheartedly about Carter. He's pathetic, and a national embarrassment. I hope Callahan turns out better than Mistah Jimmi. However, we effin' hillbillies will surely remember his appreciation, and misunderstanding? of the oranges at Owen Field.

You and who? Rush?

James Carter was, and always has been, a good man....he may not have been a successful president but he was a decent man. For all the hypocritical, absolutist, Christian mumbo-jumbo the contemporary right-wing media machine spouts out, they somehow seem to conveniantly forget that Carter's mission was, and always has been, one of peace. He believed he in helping those who were less fortunate and wanted to desolve hatred in areas of the world in which it had existed for several millenia.

If you say he was too good of a human being to be President of the United States of America then fine, I'd agree with you. But don't for one second, feign that you or are your side is somehow morally superior for giving tax cuts to the wealthiest or invading sovereign nations.

To call him pathetic -especially when you're a self described disciple of Rush Limbaugh- is, well....pathetic.

Pathetic is a PTOS who is greeted w/ protests and picket signs on every foreign trip he makes....that's pathetic.

5/26/2006, 01:37 AM
You and who? Rush?

James Carter was, and always has been, a good man....he may not have been a successful president but he was a decent man. For all the hypocritical, absolutist, Christian mumbo-jumbo the contemporary right-wing media machine spouts out, they somehow seem to conveniantly forget that Carter's mission was, and always has been, one of peace. He believed he in helping those who were less fortunate and wanted to desolve hatred in areas of the world in which it had existed for several millenia.

If you say he was too good of a human being to be President of the United States of America then fine, I'd agree with you. But don't for one second, feign that you or are your side is somehow morally superior for giving tax cuts to the wealthiest or invading sovereign nations.

To call him pathetic -especially when you're a self described disciple of Rush Limbaugh- is, well....pathetic.

Pathetic is a PTOS who is greeted w/ protests and picket signs on every foreign trip he makes....that's pathetic.You left out the summation: "Yes, I agree that Carter is/was an incompetent boob. While not as dishonest as Clinton, he was probably the worst POTUS since Roosevelt(FDR)."

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 06:26 AM
I have far more respect for Jimmy Carter, warts and all, than I have for a roaring mouth like Limbaugh.
And since when is FDR a "bad" president? Sure I don't like the fact that he fostered the federal leviathan, but he kinda steered us through some tough times, remember WWII ? Even my died-in-the-wool Republican Grandpa voted for him once.

soonerbub
5/26/2006, 06:57 AM
Yeah FDR was so bad he was only elected FOUR times :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of big government either but good gravy man

King Crimson
5/26/2006, 07:47 AM
for someone who has made a career out of saying and writing the exact same thing for the last 8 years--and dutifully tow the FOX and Project for the New American Century partyline with dismissive sarcasm and smug ironic distance...it's both ironic and high comedy for Ann Coulter to call *someone else* a "toady". All this might seem less irrelevant were it 2002. but, it's not.

i know it shoots a hole in the carefully constructed myth that college campuses are churning out Marxist-Leninists.....but the fact of the matter is most college students are very moderate and far more conservative than even ten years ago. today's entering freshman were in 6th or 7th grade September 11, 2001--post 9/11 America is all they know. the over-whlemingly vast majority of "pundits" who propogate the idea of colleges as some vast, diabolical liberal power base haven't been on a college campus on a daily basis for years.

it's typical Coulter argumentation to take extreme examples as the rule, and to make ridiculous exagerations seem like "fact". the extreme irony (contradiction) of her position in general is that while she villifies and excoriates the alleged "homogeneity" of the "left establishment"....a homogenous world of similar thinking waspy cons is the world of her dreams...apparently. her brand of humor and scapegoating criticism already imply an audience that has divided the political spectrum into "us" (good) and "they" (bad).

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 08:00 AM
for someone who has made a career out of saying and writing the exact same thing for the last 8 years--and dutifully tow the FOX and Project for the New American Century partyline with dismissive sarcasm and smug ironic distance...it's both ironic and high comedy for Ann Coulter to call *someone else* a "toady". All this might seem less irrelevant were it 2002. but, it's not.

i know it shoots a hole in the carefully constructed myth that college campuses are churning out Marxist-Leninists.....but the fact of the matter is most college students are very moderate and far more conservative than even ten years ago. today's entering freshman were in 6th or 7th grade September 11, 2001--post 9/11 America is all they know. the over-whlemingly vast majority of "pundits" who propogate the idea of colleges as some vast, diabolical liberal power base haven't been on a college campus on a daily basis for years.

it's typical Coulter argumentation to take extreme examples as the rule, and to make ridiculous exagerations seem like "fact". the extreme irony (contradiction) of her position in general is that while she villifies and excoriates the alleged "homogeneity" of the "left establishment"....a homogenous world of similar thinking waspy cons is the world of her dreams...apparently. her brand of humor and scapegoating criticism already imply an audience that has divided the political spectrum into "us" (good) and "they" (bad).
oh. At first I thought you were talking about Rush. :O As I said, I;m astonishingly ignorant of Coulter.
I suspect you are right about colleges nationwide becoming a bit more conservative. And yes, she seems to paint with a roller. But I suspect there are very many campuses where the peer pressure from students and faculty is still to the left so that it takes more courage to be "conservative" rather than "liberal" (and D@MN I hate those two words because it divides the world into only 2 things, which totally sux!)

Octavian
5/26/2006, 09:32 AM
he was probably the worst POTUS since Roosevelt(FDR)."

Unless you're looking at a remote, ultra-conservative webpage, you'll be hard pressed to find a presidential ranking list (and if you're doing an academic search, it would be impossible) with FDR not in the Top 5.

They often differ in order between lists but the usual suspects are always:

Lincoln
Jefferson
FDR
Washington
TR
(Reagan and Truman also make several Top5's)

royalfan5
5/26/2006, 09:33 AM
Looks like I struck a nerve. I believe we agree wholeheartedly about Carter. He's pathetic, and a national embarrassment. I hope Callahan turns out better than Mistah Jimmi. However, we effin' hillbillies will surely remember his appreciation, and misunderstanding? of the oranges at Owen Field.
Nope you did strike a nerve, you just made a ludicrous comparison that had no rational basis.

Scott D
5/26/2006, 09:48 AM
Nope you did strike a nerve, you just made a ludicrous comparison that had no rational basis.

he does that on a daily basis.

5/26/2006, 10:37 AM
And since when is FDR a "bad" president? Sure I don't like the fact that he fostered the federal leviathan, Inexcusable, and very damaging.

5/26/2006, 10:39 AM
Nope you did strike a nerve, you just made a ludicrous comparison that had no rational basis.Hey, this had become a jocular thread. I agree the comparison was silly. It was intended to be, for gods sake.

Fugue
5/26/2006, 10:45 AM
I think the only great president we've had is Taft. :twinkies:

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 10:49 AM
I believe we agree wholeheartedly about Carter. He's pathetic, and a national embarrassment.
Enough already!! That post is a thoughtless piece of crap. I don't know how you are as a real-live person, but your SO persona (maybe you're just a troll) is an arrogant, snotty punk. Your posts are all the same old canned, prepackaged so-called convservative cant (look it up!). I never voted for Carter, and I think he was a less than mediocre president in many ways. But you'd better know this: One of James Earl Carter's turds has more intelligence, compassion, wisdom, and guts than a snotty nosed Rush Limbaugh acolyte like you will ever have. He's been in the arena, baby. And he's put his reputation on the line and taken a lot of crap for his unabashed faith in Christain charity. Meanwhile, you seem to have been sitting by the radio all your life, stuffing your head with the same old monochome drivel day after day, and then congratulating yourself because you have is ALL worked out, down to one idea: "conservative > liberal" whatever the he11 you want that those two little words to mean in your balck and white world. buhhhhhh!!!!!11

Fugue
5/26/2006, 10:51 AM
YES!

MOSH \M/

5/26/2006, 10:56 AM
I think the only great president we've had is Taft. :twinkies:I disagree. You MUST add Clinton to the list.

Fugue
5/26/2006, 11:00 AM
I disagree. You MUST add Clinton to the list.

Listen Rush, it's Taft. There can be only one.

JohnnyMack
5/26/2006, 11:02 AM
You left out the summation: "Yes, I agree that Carter is/was an incompetent boob. While not as dishonest as Clinton, he was probably the worst POTUS since Roosevelt(FDR)."

How will W be remembered?

5/26/2006, 11:10 AM
Enough already!! That post is a thoughtless piece of crap. I don't know how you are as a real-live person, but your SO persona (maybe you're just a troll) is an arrogant, snotty punk. Your posts are all the same old canned, prepackaged so-called convservative cant (look it up!). I never voted for Carter, and I think he was a less than mediocre president in many ways. But you'd better know this: One of James Earl Carter's turds has more intelligence, compassion, wisdom, and guts than a snotty nosed Rush Limbaugh acolyte like you will ever have. He's been in the arena, baby. And he's put his reputation on the line and taken a lot of crap for his unabashed faith in Christain charity. Meanwhile, you seem to have been sitting by the radio all your life, stuffing your head with the same old monochome drivel day after day, and then congratulating yourself because you have is ALL worked out, down to one idea: "conservative > liberal" whatever the he11 you want that those two little words to mean in your balck and white world. buhhhhhh!!!!!11OK, from now on my posts will be more "It's all good". There IS NO black and white, right or wrong. I aim to please you, TU, Scott and Fuque.

Octavian
5/26/2006, 11:18 AM
How will W be remembered?

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7416/bushworstpresidentever4fs.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Fugue
5/26/2006, 11:19 AM
OK, from now on my posts will be more "It's all good". There IS NO black and white, right or wrong. I aim to please you, TU, Scott and Fuque.

what's funny about this is the "No black and white" followed by Scott and Fugue.

I'm just messin' with ya dude. It's all good. :texan:

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 11:25 AM
OK, from now on my posts will be more "It's all good". There IS NO black and white, right or wrong. I aim to please you, TU, Scott and Fuque.
You're clueless, and smugness doesn't compensate. Why am I wasting my life being mad about :twinkies: ?!?

But thanks for lumping me in with Scott & Fugue; I could do worse. :)

JohnnyMack
5/26/2006, 11:33 AM
You're clueless, and smugness doesn't compensate. Why am I wasting my life being mad about :twinkies: ?!?

But thanks for lumping me in with Scott & Fugue; I could do worse. :)

Yup, you could be hangin' with me.

\m/

Scott D
5/26/2006, 11:38 AM

just realize that there are varying shades of grey and my work here is done.

JohnnyMack
5/26/2006, 12:45 PM

Why do you hate Ansel Adams?

Scott D
5/26/2006, 12:47 PM
because my Aunt does.... :D

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 01:27 PM
That's REALLY what I meant to say.

Scott D
5/26/2006, 01:50 PM
That's REALLY what I meant to say.

yeah but you sounded like one of those 'dirty libz' ;)

I still find it humorous that on this board I get labelled as liberal in thought....and on the other board I go to from time to time, and flak can back this up....I was labelled as a GWB loving conservative.

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 02:03 PM
yeah but you sounded like one of those 'dirty libz' ;)...

Perhaps I did flame out just a little teeny tiny bit. I meant what I said, but could have said it better. I blame it on the lack of alcohol on the job.

5/26/2006, 06:47 PM
Perhaps I did flame out just a little teeny tiny bit. I meant what I said, but could have said it better. I blame it on the lack of alcohol on the job.Not a problem. It's OK. Alcohol is OK, or not.

SoonerInKCMO
5/26/2006, 08:26 PM
This is supposed to be a good thing? :confused:

I didn't mean to imply 'goodness' or 'badness' - it was simply a refuting of Tuba's claim.