PDA

View Full Version : New announcers!!

boomrsoonr
5/24/2006, 08:48 PM
About damn time!

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5637220

soonerinabilene
5/24/2006, 09:12 PM
thank god they didnt bring bowden back!!!!!!

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/24/2006, 10:25 PM
So are we losing Tirico ?

He is by far my favorite announcer right now

hurricane'bone
5/24/2006, 10:39 PM
Tirico is probably focusing on MNF.

Brad Nessler will be part of a three-man booth with Paul Maguire and Bob Griese

See, now you wanna talk about the worst announcing team ever? I mean you wanna talk about pure **** coming out of your speakers? And then BAM! Its all over.

OUstud
5/24/2006, 10:48 PM
At least with Nessler doing more games it will make games on NCAA 07 more realistic.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/24/2006, 11:05 PM
That article didn't even mention who the sideline reporter would be in the Nessler/Maguire/Griese pairing.
None other than......

OU's own Stacey Dales (the ex-Schumann).

That was mentioned in a column by the Chicago Tribune's media critic in a story I saw on the wire tonight.

JohnnyMack
5/24/2006, 11:08 PM
Why exactly do we need Davie and his dumb a*s if we have Musberger and Herbstreit? Davie won't last.

JohnnyMack
5/24/2006, 11:09 PM
ESPN ruins everything it touches and when the hellmouth opens up and the dark lord roams the mortal realm once again, he'll do it via Bristol.

TheGodfather889
5/24/2006, 11:35 PM
I like Brad Nessler and Bob Griese they always make a great team!

olevetonahill
5/24/2006, 11:57 PM
Why exactly do we need Davie and his dumb a*s if we have Musberger and Herbstreit? Davie won't last.
At least with Mushberger we have the drinking game ;)

Sooner in Tampa
5/25/2006, 05:40 AM
Saturday night football without Ron Franklin will just never be the same.

I am sad about ESPN's choice to ditch Mr. Franklin.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/25/2006, 06:06 AM
so is herbstreit doing gameday also?

Sooner in Tampa
5/25/2006, 06:45 AM
so is herbstreit doing gameday also?I am pretty sure he is...they aren't about to break up that team. It gets some of their highest ratings.

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 07:49 AM
EGGGGGGGG-zactly. Bob Davie is one of the worst evar. What are his qualifications? Failed miserably a Our Lady of Football U.?
bughhhhh.

Spray
5/25/2006, 08:22 AM
I like Brad Nessler and Bob Griese they always make a great team!

I agree. Also, Ron Franklin was the man.

As for Tirico- he is from the Mike Patrick school of play-by-play. Way too much hype and hyperbole. You'd think a 3 yard carry for a first down was the greatest play ever by listening to them. They call every play like its the 4th quarter with 10 seconds to go. They both suck.

fwsooner22
5/25/2006, 09:11 AM
All of that is great news...........The fact remains (on the local front) WE still have Bob Barry........which continues to be a source of great embarrassment for all of us...........

JohnnyMack
5/25/2006, 09:23 AM
Saturday night football without Ron Franklin will just never be the same.

I am sad about ESPN's choice to ditch Mr. Franklin.

We don't agree often, but here, you're 110% correct.

SoonersEnFuego
5/25/2006, 09:24 AM
Notre Dame lost their "voice" too. But that was a Westwood One issue. I don't think that could ever happen with Bob Barry.

Dio
5/25/2006, 10:41 AM
I was hoping this was a BBS thread. Great guy, but it's way past his time to hang up the mic.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2006, 10:44 AM
Dan Fouts moving from the analyst position he held last season to play-by-play. The NFL Hall of Famer will be in the booth with Tim Brant.

I fear this duo

sooneron
5/25/2006, 11:11 AM
Dan Fouts moving from the analyst position he held last season to play-by-play. The NFL Hall of Famer will be in the booth with Tim Brant.

I fear this duo
I'll give Fouts some credit, when he called our games last year, he called it the way it was and wasn't the homer that K Jackson is.

SoonerStormchaser
5/25/2006, 11:45 AM
That article didn't even mention who the sideline reporter would be in the Nessler/Maguire/Griese pairing.
None other than......

OU's own Stacey Dales (the ex-Schumann).

That was mentioned in a column by the Chicago Tribune's media critic in a story I saw on the wire tonight.

Wait...you mean she's single again?

(Scrambles out the door!)

melbitoast
5/25/2006, 11:47 AM
Wait, someone clear this up for me. Who exactly will comprise the announcing lineups for ABC, ESPN, and whoever else this coming year?

AllAboutThe'O'
5/25/2006, 04:25 PM
I've also learned that Ron Franklin is going to do Saturday night games on ESPN2. Ed Cunningham will be the analyst and Dr. Jerry Punch will be on the sideline.

Here's the announcing teams I've gathered so far:
ABC: Musburger/Davie/Herbstreit/Lisa Salters (sideline) on Sat. nights.
ABC: Nessler/Griese/Maguire/Stacey Dales (sideline)
ABC: Fouts/Tim Brant
CBS: Verne Lundquist/Gary Danielson
ESPN: Mike Patrick/Todd Blackledge on the prime Saturday night game.
ESPN: Fowler/Herbstreit/Corso on Thursday nights
ESPN: Lou Holtz and Mark May I believe will call weeknight games
ESPN2: Franklin/Cunningham/Punch on the prime Sat. night game.

SoonersEnFuego
5/25/2006, 05:30 PM
Wait...you mean she's single again?

(Scrambles out the door!)
Easy there Chaser, I had Dibs.:cool:

Spray
5/26/2006, 08:55 AM
...ESPN: Lou Holtz and Mark May I believe will call weeknight games

What a train wreck. This may be the worst decision in the history of sports television. Where's Roone Arledge when you really need him?