PDA

View Full Version : Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

tbl
5/24/2006, 08:39 PM
If you don't have it yet, it's definitely worth it. I haven't soaked it all in yet, but it's definitely good.

I've been downloading songs for so long (itunes, rhapsody, etc), I forgot what it was like to buy a CD, get in the car, and listen to every song. Matter of fact, one of the last CD's I bought was "By the Way", which was really good too.

critical_phil
5/24/2006, 09:37 PM
in spite of lebowski's glowing recommendation, i'm willing to bet that it sucks goat balls.

carry on..

tbl
5/24/2006, 10:42 PM
Ha! That's pretty funny... Apparently not a fan of the Peppers.

hurricane'bone
5/24/2006, 10:45 PM
I only like the Peppers in Utica Square, not the one down by Riverwalk Crossing

yermom
5/24/2006, 11:28 PM
Dani California is growing on me

they put on a killer live show

critical_phil
5/24/2006, 11:31 PM
they put on a killer live show

you know what? i was gonna also mention that their live show blows donkeys harder than their albums do.

seriously.

yermom
5/24/2006, 11:33 PM
you know what? i blow donkeys.

seriously.

i heard that about you

critical_phil
5/24/2006, 11:34 PM
mrs. dolemite makes a homo joke.

ironic.....don't you think?

yermom
5/24/2006, 11:35 PM
you blowing the donkey doesn't make the donkey gay :D

critical_phil
5/24/2006, 11:43 PM
maybe....but this thread really isn't about me.

can we get back to the peppers blow a5s talk????

yermom
5/24/2006, 11:47 PM
um, no :D

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 11:48 PM
Sgt Peppers? Red Hot Chilli Peppers? Dr Peppers? What are we talking about here?

yermom
5/24/2006, 11:55 PM
i thought we were talking about the Butthole Surfers

Stanley1
5/24/2006, 11:56 PM
i thought we were talking about the Butthole Surfers

Howzit? :confused:

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 11:56 PM
OK..that makes more sense..I am with you now.

Czar Soonerov
5/25/2006, 02:09 PM
Red Hot Chili Peppers Accused Of Plagiarism (http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=17507)

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been accused of plagiarism by a radio station in America.
The station, WGMD in Delaware, has produced pretty damning evidence that the bands last single ‘Dani California’ is a rip off of a Tom Petty track.
The song in question is Petty’s 90’s hit ‘Mary Jane’s Last Dance’ and the radio stations Morning Show presenter and producer have alleged the plagiarism.
Producer Jared Morris said: “The chord progression, the melody, the tempo, the key, the lyrical theme… they’re identical.”
Show presenter Dan Gaffney has produced this (http://www.jared-morris.com/blog/petty.mp3) MP3 to show up the similarities and help people make their own decisions.

tbl
5/25/2006, 04:35 PM
The chord progression is pretty much the same for the verse, but the Peppers make the D a minor. The chorus is totally different, and so is the bridge.
I will say this; it's HARD to write a song that hasn't been written before. There are only so many chord arrangements you can make, so it's inevitable that somebody wrote something similar before.

Dani
Verse - A, G, Dm
Chorus - F, C, D, G
Bridge - E, B, G, F#

Mary
Verse - Am, G, D
Chorus - Em, A repeated
No bridge

starclassic tama
5/25/2006, 05:13 PM
The chord progression is pretty much the same for the verse, but the Peppers make the D a minor. The chorus is totally different, and so is the bridge.
I will say this; it's HARD to write a song that hasn't been written before. There are only so many chord arrangements you can make, so it's inevitable that somebody wrote something similar before.

Dani
Verse - A, G, Dm
Chorus - F, C, D, G
Bridge - E, B, G, F#

Mary
Verse - Am, G, D
Chorus - Em, A repeated
No bridge

it's not hard to make a song that hasn't been written before if you're creative and driven.

mrowl
5/25/2006, 06:04 PM
out... who wants to listen to 28 songs of pop-rap?