PDA

View Full Version : Due To Health Reasons.....

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 06:10 PM
Tan and Tone America checks the trash cans before and after each tanning session.

:confused:

That is the sign up in the tanning booth room.

What on earth could possibly be in the trash cans that could cause health concerns?

Maybe I don't want to know...but I am curious. Any ideas?

Scott D
5/24/2006, 06:12 PM
body fluids

BeetDigger
5/24/2006, 06:15 PM
Pubic hair?

Harry Beanbag
5/24/2006, 06:16 PM
Do they give it the sniff test?

Mjcpr
5/24/2006, 06:18 PM
That's probably where they keep the video camera.

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 06:21 PM
<sigh>

Jerk
5/24/2006, 06:25 PM
<sigh>
Girl, why are wasting time at tanning salon when it's 155 degrees outside? Free taning from now until Fall! Just bring your own chair or bed. Light provided at no charge from the Lord God - who created the sun so white people could get darker.

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 06:27 PM
Girl, why are wasting time at tanning salon when it's 155 degrees outside? Free taning from now until Fall! Just bring your own chair or bed. Light provided at no charge from the Lord God.

Because I work during the day and sometimes on weekends and I need to be tan for my trip to Mexico. So shut it! ;)

I won't tan during the summer but I need to for the trip...that's all.

StoopTroup
5/24/2006, 06:31 PM
Ummmm....there are other ways to tan. :D

http://www.technotan.com.au/images/booth2.gif

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 06:34 PM

Yes...yes there are. Not for me. I know some people who would do it that way...I just don't go for that type of tan.

BUT WHAT IS UP WITH THE TRASH CANS?

StoopTroup
5/24/2006, 06:35 PM
Nivea seems to work pretty good too.

http://www.epica-awards.org/assets/epica/2004/finalists/print/images/16039%20%20%20NIVEA_Snow_White.jpg

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 06:41 PM
Snow Black?

Scott D
5/24/2006, 06:42 PM
<sigh>

I wasn't kidding.

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 06:44 PM
I wasn't kidding.

:eek:

In the trash can? They are going to go through the trash for that kind of stuff? And what, ban you if they find it?

Besides...what's the big deal? As long as it ends up in the trash can? :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
5/24/2006, 06:47 PM
Tanning always makes me cry.

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 06:48 PM
Tanning always makes me cry.

jk the sooner fan
5/24/2006, 06:49 PM
Pubic hair?

once its in an open trash can, its public hair.......

StoopTroup
5/24/2006, 06:57 PM
Tears=bodily fluids

slickdawg
5/24/2006, 06:58 PM
explosive diahrrea = bodily fluids

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 07:00 PM
<sigh> again

Scott D
5/24/2006, 07:04 PM
and for the record...I laugh at people who use tanning beds, tanning creams, tanning lotions, and tanning sprays.

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 07:07 PM
and for the record...I laugh at people who use tanning beds, tanning creams, tanning lotions, and tanning sprays.

So you are laughing at me? :mad:

Jerk
5/24/2006, 07:09 PM

How could I get a job being the spray-can holder? I'll do it for cheap.

sooneron
5/24/2006, 07:10 PM
Sayonara to the spleen!

If you can't get a decent enough base after two hours before you go to Mexico, you should be using spf 72 while you're there.

Scott D
5/24/2006, 07:10 PM
So you are laughing at me? :mad:

yes..and if it makes you feel better I laughed at my stepdaughter when she worked at a tanning salon, and was a customer on her off days.

StoopTroup
5/24/2006, 07:11 PM
What's the best way to even out a farmer's tan?

http://www.joehu.com/backpacking/emigrant-5day/emigrantphotos/emiglake-shirtan.jpg

Aluminum foil?

proud gonzo
5/24/2006, 07:14 PM
so let me get this straight.... you're going to Mexico but you're going to go lay INSIDE in a tanning booth and get a tan from LIGHTBULBS instead of the sun IN MEXICO??!??

i'm really not understanding this logic.

Scott D
5/24/2006, 07:14 PM
it's the pre-Mexico lightbulb tan ;)

which will be followed by the post-Mexico sunburn :)

StoopTroup
5/24/2006, 07:20 PM
Remember to keep your ID handy on the way back in to the US...

GW will be watching.

sooneron
5/24/2006, 07:23 PM

GW will be watching.
or listening, if you're on your cell phone..:D

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 07:24 PM
so let me get this straight.... you're going to Mexico but you're going to go lay INSIDE in a tanning booth and get a tan from LIGHTBULBS instead of the sun IN MEXICO??!??

I will not be in a tanning bed while I am in Mexico. That would make no sense.

I don't want to get burned to a crisp the first day down there, the LIGHTBULBS inside will prepare my body for the sun IN MEXICO.

That is the logic.

proud gonzo
5/24/2006, 07:27 PM
That is the stupid.

;)

sooneron
5/24/2006, 07:28 PM
That is illogical

First day - hang by the pool from 10 AM TO 11:30.
Be sure to use at LEAST spf 23.
have lunch walk around town after shower and re-apply.
Day Two- do the same
Day three- spend more time in sun still keeping with spf 23 or better.

Scott D
5/24/2006, 07:29 PM
what is this spf of which you speak?

StoopTroup
5/24/2006, 07:29 PM
Ummmm....

http://www.cosmeticmall.com/images/products/detailed/71073.jpg

http://www.jetsettersmagazine.com/archive/jetezine/gear/suntan/hawaiian.html

Scott D
5/24/2006, 07:30 PM
pah.....melanin deficients :P

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 07:39 PM
That is illogical

First day - hang by the pool from 10 AM TO 11:30.
Be sure to use at LEAST spf 23.
have lunch walk around town after shower and re-apply.
Day Two- do the same
Day three- spend more time in sun still keeping with spf 23 or better.

That is one way to do it. I chose to spend 20 mins a few days a week before my trip so once I am there, I can spend more than an hour or an hour and half at the pool/beach. And this is MEXICO...even shopping and having lunch and walking around involves being in the sun.

On a side note, one of the kids in my daughter's class did their sceince project on SPF in sunscreens. Their results showed that anything over 15 worked the same as long as it was reapplied regularly. Not sure how accurate a 5th grade project can be, but it was interesting.

tulsaoilerfan
5/24/2006, 07:39 PM
Used condoms?

Scott D
5/24/2006, 07:41 PM
That is one way to do it. I chose to spend 20 mins a few days a week before my trip so once I am there, I can spend more than an hour or an hour and half at the pool/beach. And this is MEXICO...even shopping and having lunch and walking around involves being in the sun.

On a side note, one of the kids in my daughter's class did their sceince project on SPF in sunscreens. Their results showed that anything over 15 worked the same as long as it was reapplied regularly. Not sure how accurate a 5th grade project can be, but it was interesting.

meh...spf is overrated.

jk the sooner fan
5/24/2006, 07:43 PM

my guess is that you wear a one piece huh? you dont go to mexico looking like casper the ghost......

sooneron
5/24/2006, 07:44 PM
This is why you are the chosen ones...

handcrafted
5/24/2006, 08:04 PM

Meh. Extra melanin can cause sickle cell. 'Course, it also causes gigantism in places some people might find desirable.

I'd say it's a toss up. :D

Stanley1
5/24/2006, 08:08 PM
my guess is that you wear a one piece huh? you dont go to mexico looking like casper the ghost......

Word. And Stan don't wanna see no tan lines. :cool:

walkoffsooner
5/24/2006, 08:09 PM
I wore a thong in Cancun.The bus seats were hot.

william_brasky
5/24/2006, 08:28 PM
my guess to the orginal question would be used pons.

MamaMia
5/24/2006, 08:41 PM
I will not be in a tanning bed while I am in Mexico. That would make no sense.

I don't want to get burned to a crisp the first day down there, the LIGHTBULBS inside will prepare my body for the sun IN MEXICO.

That is the logic.
Wear some sunscreen and time your sun intake so you wont burn. Those tanning beds make your skin look all leathery after awhile. I have never tried them because I know this one lady who actually looks like a saddle bag with legs.

By the way, we have the same sun here if thats all you're going there for. :D

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 08:50 PM

EXACTLY!

Word. And Stan don't wanna see no tan lines. :cool:

EXACTLY!!

:)

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 08:52 PM
Wear some sunscreen and time your sun intake so you wont burn. Those tanning beds make your skin look all leathery after awhile. I have never tried them because I know this one lady who actually looks like a saddle bag with legs.

By the way, we have the same sun here if thats all you're going there for. :D

I am only tanning for a few weeks before the trip. I will not tan again till maybe the beginning of next summer.

Sunscreen or not, you can burn very easily down there. Even with a base tan you can burn.

OUinFLA
5/24/2006, 08:52 PM
Stan sees you neked?

sooneron
5/24/2006, 08:58 PM
I feel dumber for having clicked on this thread. If you weren't meant for the sun i.e. strong irish heritage, you need to stay out of it in Mexico. Nuff said.

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 09:00 PM
Stan sees you neked?

ummmm... no?

:O

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 09:01 PM
I feel dumber for having clicked on this thread. If you weren't meant for the sun i.e. strong irish heritage, you need to stay out of it in Mexico. Nuff said.

For all those who fall into that catergory, thank you for your advice.

Scott D
5/24/2006, 09:03 PM
Meh. Extra melanin can cause sickle cell. 'Course, it also causes gigantism in places some people might find desirable.

I'd say it's a toss up. :D

tis a good thing my blood came from my mother's side (good scottish blood) and my lack of melanin deficiency from my father :D

Stanley1
5/24/2006, 09:05 PM
tis a good thing my blood came from my mother's side (good scottish blood) and my lack of melanin deficiency from my father :D

You're black? :confused:

I thought you just tanned alot.

SicEmBaylor
5/24/2006, 09:09 PM

GW will be watching.

He sure as hell will not which is the problem!

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 09:10 PM
You're black? :confused:

I thought you just tanned alot.

Your new avatar confuses me

and distracts me ;)

slickdawg
5/24/2006, 09:52 PM
man, black, nakedness, stanley, sex, pubic,

THIS THREAD IS K1NKY!!!!!!!!!!!

jk the sooner fan
5/24/2006, 10:37 PM
pffft, if stanley were a real man, she'd never see the beach ;)

Melo
5/24/2006, 10:38 PM
I'm probably being a huge weirdo, but I think unnatural tanning is kind of gross. I have a couple friends that tan regularly, and you can tell that it is from the fake tanning. PLUS, your chances of getting skin cancer are higher, right?

And since when did it become such a big deal to have tan skin?

I'm sticking with my pale skin. Come marching season, I'll have a better tan, anyways. And it wil be free.

Stanley1
5/24/2006, 10:39 PM
pffft, if stanley were a real man, she'd never see the beach ;)

Dude.....its for like 8 days, I ain't as young as I used to be. ;)

hurricane'bone
5/24/2006, 10:40 PM
Dude.....its for like 8 days, I ain't as straight as I used to be. ;)

:twinkies:

Stanley1
5/24/2006, 10:42 PM
Way to bag on your Hurricane brother. :rolleyes: ;)

hurricane'bone
5/24/2006, 10:44 PM
Well...Hurricane brothers do share EVERYTHING...so go ahead and PEEM me where you guys are staying.

:D

Stanley1
5/24/2006, 10:46 PM
Well...Hurricane brothers do share EVERYTHING...so go ahead and PEEM me where you guys are staying.

:D

Heh.....that includes the "cost" too, so fork over your share, and I'll give up the location. :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/24/2006, 10:56 PM
Chick, I wondered the same thing about those signs but my new Tan and Tone America doesnt have them. So maybe it is a store by store policy.

I am with Chick on the fake baking issue. Since I am also going to Mexico in a few weeks, I have been tanning 3 or 4 times a week in addition to being out in the sun with SPF 30 for ballgames and the lake. For pale people, building a base tan is beneficial if we are planning on being out in the sun a lot. Plus I don't want to be just lily white when I first get there.

Fake baking is no worse on your skin than those people who let their skin become leather by being in the sun too much without adequate protection. It's just like anything else. Done in moderation is not harmful.

Oh and Scott, I've seen black people with sunburns too.

OzarkSooner
5/24/2006, 11:11 PM
once its in an open trash can, its public hair.......

Doh, that's funny...wish I'd have said it.

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 11:36 PM
Heh.....that includes the "cost" too, so fork over your share, and I'll give up the location. :D

um..babe...correct me if I am wrong and I hope I am, but it sounded like you just offered to share me for the right price.

jk the sooner fan
5/24/2006, 11:38 PM
tsk tsk......... youngins......cant teach em anything

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 11:44 PM
Dude.....its for like 8 days, I ain't as young as I used to be. ;)

8 days = 9 nights

oohhhh yeah. :D

ChickSoonerFan
5/24/2006, 11:45 PM
Chick, I wondered the same thing about those signs but my new Tan and Tone America doesnt have them. So maybe it is a store by store policy.

I am with Chick on the fake baking issue. Since I am also going to Mexico in a few weeks, I have been tanning 3 or 4 times a week in addition to being out in the sun with SPF 30 for ballgames and the lake. For pale people, building a base tan is beneficial if we are planning on being out in the sun a lot. Plus I don't want to be just lily white when I first get there.

Fake baking is no worse on your skin than those people who let their skin become leather by being in the sun too much without adequate protection. It's just like anything else. Done in moderation is not harmful.

And you looked good at your B-day party...tanning agrees with you. :)

BeetDigger
5/25/2006, 09:06 AM
8 days = 9 nights = 18 minutes of fun

oohhhh yeah. :D

:texan:

ultimatesooner1
5/25/2006, 09:21 AM
I was tan before we went to mexico last week and I still burned everyday but by the time I woke up the next day I was more tanner

MamaMia
5/25/2006, 09:39 AM
Why dont you girls just ask them why they check the waste baskets after each patron and get back with us? I'm going to make a guess and say that it may be because they have had problems with improperly disposed of monthly moon material.

slickdawg
5/25/2006, 09:43 AM
:texan:

DOWN GOES STANLEY!!!! DOWN GOES STANLEY!!!!!!

NormanPride
5/25/2006, 09:49 AM
I'm probably being a huge weirdo, but I think unnatural tanning is kind of gross. I have a couple friends that tan regularly, and you can tell that it is from the fake tanning. PLUS, your chances of getting skin cancer are higher, right?

And since when did it become such a big deal to have tan skin?

I'm sticking with my pale skin. Come marching season, I'll have a better tan, anyways. And it wil be free.

I prefer pale skin as well. Fake tans are like bleached hair - no thank you.

n8v_ndn
5/25/2006, 10:43 AM
...monthly moon material.

How elegant and magical :)

PAW
5/25/2006, 11:10 AM
http://www.octanecreative.com/Parodyville/as_seen/images/suntan.jpg

Leather pants are cool!:eek:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/25/2006, 12:43 PM
And you looked good at your B-day party...tanning agrees with you. :)Thank you. You can't even tell my tan has been lightbulb enhanced in this picture.

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5879/lashes9ih.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Scott D
5/25/2006, 12:55 PM

pah, I've only burned my scalp after freshly shaving my head..other than that..never.....at......all.

StoopTroup
5/26/2006, 10:45 PM
I just saw this on the Miller "Man Law" site....

"Man Law: Aquire tans by accident...never by credit card".

ChickSoonerFan
6/3/2006, 08:15 AM
Just to end the suspsense...I asked yesterday why they inspect and what exactly are they looking for.

Her hesitation and the way she danced around the answer made me more curious and more afraid to know.

The best she could come up with is that sometimes people pee in the trash can...I am thinking she meant GUYS pee in it.

I have a feeling there is more to this than I will ever know and I am OK with that.

colleyvillesooner
6/3/2006, 08:32 AM
Just to end the suspsense...I asked yesterday why they inspect and what exactly are they looking for.

Her hesitation and the way she danced around the answer made me more curious and more afraid to know.

The best she could come up with is that sometimes people pee in the trash can...I am thinking she meant GUYS pee in it.

I have a feeling there is more to this than I will ever know and I am OK with that.

Press on chick, the SO needs to know!

Scott D
6/3/2006, 10:56 AM

body fluids

I told you so.

Viking Kitten
6/3/2006, 12:55 PM

Ummm... Tan and T-owned?

dolemitesooner
6/3/2006, 01:14 PM
limes THEY ARE LOOKING FOR LIMES..DEADLY ****ING LIMES