PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols and the single season home run record

JohnnyMack
5/24/2006, 10:05 AM
I hope all of baseball continues to pitch to this freak so he can smash Barry Bonds' record.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they did continue to pitch to him, seeing as where no one likes Bonds.

Sooner in Tampa
5/24/2006, 10:08 AM
I wish that Pujols would break the record, but I just don't see him doing it. St. Louis is going to be in the hunt for a division title and I am afraid that opponents will walk him whenever they get a chance. I don't know off hand how well he is protected in the batting order, but I see tons of walks in his future.

p.s. I would bet a large amount of money that Bud Selig wants Pujols to break the record too...then he will be off of the hook.

bri
5/24/2006, 10:15 AM
I hate the Cards....but I like Pujols. That dude is just SCARY good.

Scott D
5/24/2006, 10:27 AM
teams 'may' pitch to Pujols just to have him take the record. However, he still has to remain healthy (ala Griffey when he was challenging 61)

Stanley1
5/24/2006, 10:59 AM
I don't think health will be a concern, but unless the rest of the lineup starts "protecting him", once we start playing the divisional rivals, no way he sees pitches IMO.

I also think he'll cool down. He really isn't a HR hitter per se, more of a line-drive guy that hits the ball hard. Alot of them have found the seats so far this year though.

Sooner in Tampa
5/24/2006, 11:07 AM
I don't think health will be a concern, but unless the rest of the lineup starts "protecting him", once we start playing the divisional rivals, no way he sees pitches IMO.

I also think he'll cool down. He really isn't a HR hitter per se, more of a line-drive guy that hits the ball hard. Alot of them have found the seats so far this year though.I think that the hitters in front of him and behind him are going to be the key...if they are doing their jobs, they are going to HAVE to pitch to him.
Like I said, I REALLY hope that he breaks the record. Erase that bastard Bonds.

Scott D
5/24/2006, 12:15 PM

I also think he'll cool down. He really isn't a HR hitter per se, more of a line-drive guy that hits the ball hard. Alot of them have found the seats so far this year though.

he's already missed a few games due to back issues...during the summer that won't be that much of an issue, but in September it could be...Cards are already treating his back with kid gloves.

Also as long as Rolen hits well behind him he'll see pitches.

GrapevineSooner
5/24/2006, 03:19 PM
He really isn't a HR hitter per se, more of a line-drive guy that hits the ball hard. Alot of them have found the seats so far this year though.

[brad lidge]Coulda fooled me[/brad lidge]

snp
5/25/2006, 02:28 PM
In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they did continue to pitch to him, seeing as where no one likes Bonds.

Pitchers like to win games more than they like to settle feuds. Kinda wishful thinking, but I hope they pitch to him.