PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Conference Tourney's

Cack
5/24/2006, 08:19 AM
I know we have a lot of college's represented out there ... so how are all the teams doing this year ... my Gamecocks have kinda taken a slide but we're still in the SEC tourney ... from #1 to out of the top 25 :confused: ... my :chicken: aren't doing too hot

slickdawg
5/24/2006, 08:28 AM
I know we have a lot of college's represented out there ... so how are all the teams doing this year ... my Gamecocks have kinda taken a slide but we're still in the SEC tourney ... from #1 to out of the top 25 :confused: ... my :chicken: aren't doing too hot

My dawgs were ranked #1 also, started 18-0, then went to ****.
Didn't even make the SECT.

and you wonder why fireronpolk.com exists?

Cack
5/24/2006, 08:30 AM
i'm assuming your dawg is Miss. St. ... i thought it was jawja ... sorry for that

slickdawg
5/24/2006, 08:59 AM
i'm assuming your dawg is Miss. St. ... i thought it was jawja ... sorry for that

yep, miss state. Jawga is pretty hot right now, wouldn't wanna play them.

Cack
5/24/2006, 09:03 AM
jawja ... kent ... bama ... and klempson are the hottest teams right now

so Miss. St. ... hhmmm i think we might be having ourselfs a little clash here in a few weeks ... actually 99 days away ... i WAS going to go to the game ... but i don't think i'm going to be able to make the trip :-/

slickdawg
5/24/2006, 09:26 AM
jawja ... kent ... bama ... and klempson are the hottest teams right now

so Miss. St. ... hhmmm i think we might be having ourselfs a little clash here in a few weeks ... actually 99 days away ... i WAS going to go to the game ... but i don't think i'm going to be able to make the trip :-/

IF we manage to win that game, I think we'll actually have a decent season.

The only thing in our favor is that Spurrier is winless in Starkville.

:texan:

Cack
5/24/2006, 09:31 AM
IF we manage to win that game, I think we'll actually have a decent season.

The only thing in our favor is that Spurrier is winless in Starkville.

oh ... has he never played there before or something?? :chicken:

Osce0la
5/24/2006, 10:09 AM
We're down 2-0 in the bottom of the 4th right now. Theacc.com has a live webcast of the games, and me being on a new computer here at work, I have not been set up as an administrator on this computer, so I can't downlaod the application needed to watch the live feed :mad:

We started out hot (like 21-1 or something like that) and really took a nosedive once conference play started. Sad to say we will not be hosting a regional this year :(

Cack
5/24/2006, 10:32 AM
/\ who are you pulling for?? ... you said TheACC.com ... so that's threw me off ... Carolina is 0-0 after 2

my boss just called and tried to get me to turn off my audio of the game so he could listen to itunes ... said "it's messing up my itunes and i have to have my music man" ... i was like SUCKS FOR YOU ... cause i have to listen to my game and it's working for me hahahahahahaha

TUSooner
5/24/2006, 10:36 AM
Tulane is around 13th in the country and 3rd seed in "ConfUSA." They play E CArolina today. This is the first year tat I have not seen a single one of their games.

LSU barely made the SEC tourny; I wish they had missed it! But they are always dangerous in the post-season, especially if they get to their perennial home regional.

picasso
5/24/2006, 10:36 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/images/2006/060524_B1_pokes_b1osu24.jpg
huh? what did you guys say? I was distracted.

Cack
5/24/2006, 10:40 AM
they wont get a home regional ... LSU is down this year ... i do understand that post season run they do ... but they are really down this year

USC is very dangerous when we have our pitchers hold the opponents down ... i looked the other day for CockyTalk ... when we keep the other team to 5 pts or less ... we were 32-3 ... when we gave up more than 5 runs ... we were 4-17 ... NOT GOOD

Osce0la
5/24/2006, 10:43 AM
/\ who are you pulling for?? ... you said TheACC.com ... so that's threw me off ... Carolina is 0-0 after 2

my boss just called and tried to get me to turn off my audio of the game so he could listen to itunes ... said "it's messing up my itunes and i have to have my music man" ... i was like SUCKS FOR YOU ... cause i have to listen to my game and it's working for me hahahahahahaha
Osce0la
Sooner All-Big XII

Is it that hard to figure out who I'm pulling for? :confused:
I thought it was pretty obvious.
Anyway, we've given up 4 runs in the first 5 innings. We're now in the top of the 6th and Rye just hit a HR to cut into the lead (now 4-1). This late in the game someone's going to have to step up or we are T-O-A-S-T for today...

slickdawg
5/24/2006, 10:44 AM
oh ... has he never played there before or something?? :chicken:

Twice as Florida's head coach, both times in the top 5, both times
had his azz handed to him.

slickdawg
5/24/2006, 10:45 AM
Tulane is around 13th in the country and 3rd seed in "ConfUSA." They play E CArolina today. This is the first year tat I have not seen a single one of their games.

LSU barely made the SEC tourny; I wish they had missed it! But they are always dangerous in the post-season, especially if they get to their perennial home regional.

All Miss State had to do was beat Ole Miss, and LSU would have been out
and MSU in the SECT.

Of course, MSU choked yet again.

Cack
5/24/2006, 10:50 AM
Osce0la
Sooner All-Big XII

Is it that hard to figure out who I'm pulling for? :confused:
I thought it was pretty obvious.
Anyway, we've given up 4 runs in the first 5 innings. We're now in the top of the 6th and Rye just hit a HR to cut into the lead (now 4-1). This late in the game someone's going to have to step up or we are T-O-A-S-T for today...

hhmmm still don't get it ... haha j/k man ... i knew that actually ... i have seen that before ... i'm distracted right now ... Gamecocks are playing

slick ... didn't know that ... but hopefully he'll change it this year ;)

Cack
5/24/2006, 11:00 AM
0-0 after 4 :chicken:

Osce0la
5/24/2006, 11:35 AM
We're down 4-2 right now. The good news though is that they fixed my computer, so I now have administrative rights on my computer (so I have already abused my rights and downloaded the media player so I can watch the live feed of the ACC Tourney :) )

TUSooner
5/24/2006, 11:38 AM
Tulane lost 4-2 to E Carolina. :(
But...
BOOMER SOONER

scaldeddawg
5/24/2006, 12:17 PM
Twice as Florida's head coach, both times in the top 5, both times
had his azz handed to him.

And the last Florida loss in Starkville cost Ron Zook his job. Florida is 0-4 the last 4 trips to Starkville (although that is only 4 times since 1986). 1986, 1992, 2000, and 2004.

scaldeddawg
5/24/2006, 12:25 PM
they wont get a home regional ... LSU is down this year ... i do understand that post season run they do ... but they are really down this year

USC is very dangerous when we have our pitchers hold the opponents down ... i looked the other day for CockyTalk ... when we keep the other team to 5 pts or less ... we were 32-3 ... when we gave up more than 5 runs ... we were 4-17 ... NOT GOOD

USC probably destroyed Miss. State's emotional psyche that Sunday game. We hit homeruns in the 11th inning, only to see you guys hit 2 homeruns in the bottom of the 11th to win. That is one of those 4 wins.

Osce0la
5/24/2006, 12:28 PM
And the last Florida loss in Starkville cost Ron Zook his job. Florida is 0-4 the last 4 trips to Starkville (although that is only 4 times since 1986). 1986, 1992, 2000, and 2004.
He saved some face later that year though when he went 1-0 on Bobby Bowden field :rolleyes:

slickdawg
5/24/2006, 12:29 PM
He saved some face later that year though when he went 1-0 on Bobby Bowden field :rolleyes:

That was due to the fact that Jeff Bowden is a bigger idiot that Zook.

Osce0la
5/24/2006, 12:48 PM
That was due to the fact that Jeff Bowden is a bigger idiot that Zook.
I think they should've started Rix in that game. I know he had some bad games, and he wasn't the brightest QB we ever had, but he always played well against the Gators. Late in the game when they did finally put him in, we finally started getting back into the game.

Cack
5/24/2006, 01:29 PM
USC WON ... 4-2

Kent hit a HR in the 7th to go up 1-0 ... then in the top of the 9th ... Willard hit a 2 run shot ... then we got bases load and get 2 more in from that ... Kent came up ... got 1 out ... then they hit a HR ... then base hit and 2 straight walks ... then strike out and fly out for the ball game

GO :chicken:

RFH Shakes
5/24/2006, 01:48 PM
G1. Nebraska over Baylor 3-2

G2. Texas & TTech 0-0 bottom 1st

AllAboutThe'O'
5/25/2006, 01:03 AM
Also in the SEC tourney, LSU knocked off top seed Alabama 4-3 and fifth-seeded Ole Miss downed No. 4 seed Arkansas 9-4. All the lower seeds won on the opening day of the SEC tourney.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/25/2006, 01:04 AM
Oh, and OU and OSU lost on the opening day of the Big XII tourney.

Just for the benefit of those that did not know.....

Cack
5/25/2006, 07:47 AM
Also in the SEC tourney, LSU knocked off top seed Alabama 4-3 and fifth-seeded Ole Miss downed No. 4 seed Arkansas 9-4. All the lower seeds won on the opening day of the SEC tourney.

yeah i'm loving the SEC tourney like that ... all the top seeds didn't throw their better pitchers and it bit them in the @$$ ... which you can't blame them ... but any given day in baseball you can lose ... USC playing Vanderbilt tonigh at 6

GO :chicken:

Osce0la
5/25/2006, 09:09 AM
I'm watching the live feed of the ACC tournament right now. Noles and UNC tied 0-0 bottom of the first.

Cack
5/25/2006, 09:33 AM
boy UNC got WAXED yesterday ... i'm assuming FSU lost since they're playing ... how bad was it yesterday

Osce0la
5/25/2006, 10:41 AM
GRAND SLAM FSU!!! Noles lead 6-5 in the bottom of the 6th.

Yesterday's score was 6-2. We had nothing at the plate yesterday.

Cack
5/25/2006, 10:46 AM
good deal man ... hope ya'll do well

as much as i HATE to say it ... klempson is HOT HOT right now ... they are just killin the ball

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 11:06 AM
Will somebody please beat LSU? Twice, please.
Thank you.

slickdawg
5/25/2006, 11:11 AM
Thank you.

Um, we (miss st) did. Problem is that was 8 weeks ago.

Osce0la
5/25/2006, 11:15 AM
heh

Osce0la
5/25/2006, 11:17 AM
The bats came to life for us in the 6th, unfortunately we can't keep UNC from scoring. It's now tied at 6 in the bottom of the eighth.

I read somewhere yesterday that FSU has NEVAR had a losing season in baseball, NEVAR had a losing conference record in baseball, and NEVAR won fewer than 2 games in a conference tournament (this one will be over if we lose today).

Double play UNC, 9th inning coming up.

Osce0la
5/25/2006, 11:27 AM
Tied at 6, bottom of the ninth, FSU at bat, man on first, 2-0 count, no outs.

Osce0la
5/25/2006, 11:32 AM
2 lead off walks puts runners on first and second. FSU bunts, they throw to third, runner is safe. Bases loaded, 0 outs...

And the man, Shane Robinson, at the plate.

Osce0la
5/25/2006, 11:34 AM
Robinson hits deep to right, Noles win 7-6! We're still alive!!!

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 11:41 AM
Tulane is up 10-1 after 7.

Cack
5/25/2006, 11:46 AM
Thank you.

the :chicken: swept them in LSU ... doesn't really help the cause right now ... but oh well

good job OsceOla ... so that knocked UNC out ... the team that started the season #1?? ... i know they were top 3 ... there was 2 ACC teams at the top just can't remember where they were right now ... oh well ... everybody is tied going into the post season

Osce0la
5/25/2006, 11:48 AM
We were #1 for a little bit, before we hit our midseason nose dive.

slickdawg
5/25/2006, 11:50 AM
UGA over UK 6-4 in the 5th

Cack
5/25/2006, 11:55 AM
never thought i'd say this ... ok no wait i still want ... SUCK IT UP SOME MORE UK

did ya'll hear where UK's coach tried to say that Willard stole the pitchers sign when he hit the 2 run shot in the 9th

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 12:00 PM
Tulane beats Marshall 12-1 on the mercy rule.

Is the Big 12 the only conference that does not play the traditional double elimination? At least that's how I see the Big XII bracket...

Cack
5/25/2006, 12:02 PM
what is up w/ that bracket ... i read some guys talkin about that earlier

TUSooner
5/25/2006, 01:00 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/big12/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/06_bracket.pdf

Go figure. I thought somemthing was odd when 1-win, top-seed U. of t. is set to play 1-loss Baylor.

Cack
5/25/2006, 01:33 PM
UK is GONE HOME

AllAboutThe'O'
5/25/2006, 02:01 PM
UK is GONE HOME
I must have had a nap or something; when has Kentucky ever been this good in baseball?

Cack
5/25/2006, 02:14 PM
they haven't been ... they have always been HORRIBLE ... they were dead last in conference last year ... but that coach is amazing ... he won hands down Coach of the Year in the SEC ... every coach voted for him

slickdawg
5/25/2006, 02:15 PM
they haven't been ... they have always been HORRIBLE ... they were dead last in conference last year ... but that coach is amazing ... he won hands down Coach of the Year in the SEC ... every coach voted for him

That would be former Mississippi State standout John Cohen. A hell of a coach.

Cack
5/25/2006, 02:20 PM
That would be former Mississippi State standout John Cohen. A hell of a coach.

this is true ... he's the guy crying that Willard was checking out the signs before he hit the HR ... that's still funny