PDA

View Full Version : Conference Tourney

Cack
5/24/2006, 08:09 AM
did Oklahoma make it to the tourney this year?? how are ya'll in Baseball?? ... my Gamecocks have fallen from 1st in the country to out of the top 25 :confused: ... we play this morning at 10 (that's central time) ... it'll be 11 my time ... GO :chicken: ... and ... i think it's ... BOOMER SOONER (maybe) ... whatever ya'lls thing is ... go that too ... haha ... how's this instead ... GO :lwm:

AllAboutThe'O'
5/24/2006, 07:58 PM
Well, we haven't dropped as far as you guys have, but we're sinking. With our loss to Kansas tonight, that just might cost us a home regional, unless we can win our next two games and get help to make it to Sunday's final.:mad:

ouradu
5/24/2006, 08:23 PM
One thing I don't like about this format is the that if you lose it's out of your hands from there. In tourney play it should always be in your control. If you win you win and if you lose you lose, but to have to have other teams win for you to stay alive is just not right. To me, this format has a lot of problems. I see the positives, but overall it just doesn't work for me.

AustinTXHorn
5/24/2006, 08:34 PM
O, that avatar is the only thing that can come close to Rachel Nichols. 2 for 2.

KaiserSooner
5/24/2006, 10:27 PM
Speaking of needing help, apparently Missouri is up against OSU 4-3 in the 7th right now. Hopefully the Tigers can hold.

AustinTXHorn
5/24/2006, 10:31 PM
4-4 in the top of the 8th now.

SeattleOUstudent
5/24/2006, 11:05 PM
5-4 Mizz so far in the 9th.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/24/2006, 11:07 PM
O, that avatar is the only thing that can come close to Rachel Nichols. 2 for 2.
If I could give up Rachel Nichols for my avatar, albeit temporarily, it better be a good one. Glad to see you approve.

SeattleOUstudent
5/24/2006, 11:09 PM
On to the bottom of the 9th with Mizzou leading 9-4

AllAboutThe'O'
5/24/2006, 11:10 PM
On to the bottom of the 9th with Mizzou leading 9-4
The way things are going, the long-awaited much-anticipated Bedlam rematch could be nothing more than just playing for pride.

SeattleOUstudent
5/24/2006, 11:20 PM
Mmmm....I think MU and KU will pick up some losses before Bedlam. If thats the case, we own series against both those teams....then that means Bedlam holds some real importance (winner plays for championship). And I know a certain team playing with a chip on their shoulder from last Bedlam....but I aint tellin.

SeattleOUstudent
5/24/2006, 11:28 PM
OSU loses. I laugh.

soonerguild
5/24/2006, 11:31 PM
why the f*&% did we start PJ tonight. Im absolutely livid right now. Not only did we look past kansas but we conceded the freakin championship. If we do get some help and win the next two than we still have to pitch PJ in the championship game. Ive been thinking about this since I found out at game time at 5 and have came across no good reason.

AustinTXHorn
5/24/2006, 11:45 PM
Missouri is certainly making a late push. A week ago today, they were 26-24 with no quality wins. Then they swept Texas and beat Oklahoma State by four. I have a feeling that they just might win the thing.

I assume OU throws McCutchen against Scherzer on Friday. I can't wait to see that one.

soonerguild
5/25/2006, 12:06 AM
My only point is that every team going into a tourney of this format has to plan on being in the championship game on sunday. Also the reason that the did this format and set it up where everyone plays three games in four days is so you can have you ace during the championship game, if of course you pitch him on wed. It just really looks like to me that we set this rotation up to make sure we didn't lose again to oswho, and not to win the thing. anyway ATXhorn, does this loss tonight cost us a regional? just wondering how much they look into these tourneys.

AustinTXHorn
5/25/2006, 12:19 AM
Hard to tell. Personally, I think OU and OSU are fighting for a regional host right now because I don't see them putting two hosts in the state of Oklahoma, especially not with two that are on the bubble like OU and OSU are.

I really don't believe in putting too much stock into the conference tourney. In 2003, Texas won the Big 12 tournament and was sent to play the national #1 seed. In 2004, Texas went 2-2 in the tourney and got the #1 national seed. But of course, I think it might matter in OU's case because they are so on the bubble.

If I had to give an answer, I'd say no, but I think OU is hanging by their last thread. They'll probably have to win out to get one with OSU going 1-2 or 0-3.

Now, I still think they can be a #1 seed, they'll just probably have to travel to do so.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/25/2006, 12:52 AM
Mmmm....I think MU and KU will pick up some losses before Bedlam. If thats the case, we own series against both those teams....then that means Bedlam holds some real importance (winner plays for championship). And I know a certain team playing with a chip on their shoulder from last Bedlam....but I aint tellin.
No, even if we win our next two games, including Bedlam, it may not be enough for us to play in Sunday's final. The best-case scenario would be for us to win out and hope Kansas loses to Mizzou and OSU.

Collier11
5/25/2006, 03:11 AM
No, even if we win our next two games, including Bedlam, it may not be enough for us to play in Sunday's final. The best-case scenario would be for us to win out and hope Kansas loses to Mizzou and OSU.

If we win our next two games we are in the Final regardless...With this new format, even if us and Kansas were tied at 2-1 and they beat us, we would advance due to higher regular season finish.

Collier11
5/25/2006, 03:13 AM
why the f*&% did we start PJ tonight. Im absolutely livid right now. Not only did we look past kansas but we conceded the freakin championship.

We pitched P.J tonight so we can pitch guerra against Missouri and McCutheon against Osu, we need our best pitchers against the best teams and luckily since Osu lost tonight, we still control our own destiny! Now lets go out and win these two games damnit!!

AllAboutThe'O'
5/26/2006, 06:19 PM
Whoopee, we're getting it handed to us again. 6-0 in the 5th, we gave up five of those runs in the first.
Is it too late to declare this team in sudden crash and burn mode?

SoonerShark
5/26/2006, 07:31 PM
11-0, Mizzou over us tonight. We may go 0 for the tourney. Before the tourney we swept mizzou, won the series versus the peehens, and were swept versus the oklahoma sodomy academy-stillwater branch. Our bats have fallen asleep.

TUSooner
5/26/2006, 09:13 PM
owwwww

longtimesooner
5/27/2006, 02:28 AM
Crash and burn at the brick. 0-6 in the last 6 games there. This sucks. Looks like Bedlam is just for funzies. Great performance by the 'home' teams. Two weeks ago we were talking super regional in Norman. Now a first round regional is definitely out the door. Anyone wanna buy 3 tickets for tomorrow nights session? I'm bummed. :confused:

SapulpaSooner
5/27/2006, 08:58 PM
OU beats OSU 21 to 6

Boomer Sooner

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: