PDA

View Full Version : I went to the Senior PGA practice round yesterday

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 07:50 AM
and you dint.

I cut up with Trevino, told John Jacobs "we're going to need you to please stay inside the ropes" when he came out our way, and generally had a really good time stading on 18 tee and watching these guys try to hit that fairway into a 30mph wind. Good times. Just about every guy out there that was a big name, was tiny. Trevino, Irwin, Reid, Player, Watson...all a lot smaller that I had imagined.

Jacobs is a big dude, and funny.

and the course looked A M A Z I N G .

TUSooner
5/24/2006, 07:51 AM
Did you see my cousins there?

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 07:54 AM
all of them, they said hi.

walkoffsooner
5/24/2006, 07:56 AM
Tom Watson will shoot the bull for hours really nice guy.Bet Trevino a hundred he cant swallow a golf ball, he will remember something in a bar and laugh.

TUSooner
5/24/2006, 07:57 AM
all of them, they said hi.
Great. Thanks.

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 08:04 AM
Don't mention it TU.

I also noticed that all the asians play together. there were two grouops of them coming into #8, a par 3. the first group hits in and puts out, and then starts practice putting on the other parts of the green while the second group hits into the green. Then when the second group arrives to putt out, the first group heads off....it was crazy standing there watching them hit balls into that green with people on it. but the pin was on the front, and they were practicing on the back half.....

had one single come through, he was talking with the crowd...and told them he was "playing with all of his friends"....heh.

Mjcpr
5/24/2006, 08:35 AM
Just about every guy out there that was a big name, was tiny. Trevino, Irwin, Reid, Player, Watson...all a lot smaller that I had imagined.

Are you saying I have a chance to be a scratch golfer?

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 09:15 AM
No, you have no chance.

you are exactly as small as I had imagined.

Mjcpr
5/24/2006, 09:18 AM
So I'm looking at the +1 to +5 handicap range then, right?

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 09:19 AM
yes.

and by "yes" i mean "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha breath hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hah"

picasso
5/24/2006, 09:30 AM
of course they would look small to a Sasquatch!

no pics? I got some great ones in '01 at the Open. and the Spaniards play in groups too! I recall Olly, Jiminez and Sergio practicing it up. I got a pic of them smoking cigs.

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah, and the Argentinians as well...El Gato was playing with some other dude I didn't recognize.

I would have taken pics, but I left it at home thinking I coudn't take it.

1stTimeCaller
5/24/2006, 10:41 AM
moran

picasso
5/24/2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah, and the Argentinians as well...El Gato was playing with some other dude I didn't recognize.

I would have taken pics, but I left it at home thinking I coudn't take it.
so who has the best swing you've seen and who has the best home brewed one?
I've always loved Watson and Irwin's.

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 10:50 AM
Dude, ALL the old guys have "home-brewed" swings. ALL of them. Some are more classic than others, but they are all individual Especially Thorpe's follow thru..and he's a funny dude.

Watson can't hit it out of his own shadow...I was really surprised at how short he is...with the driver. Jacobs has a great move at the ball...and he beats it.

Mjcpr
There are A LOT of home brew swings on the Champions Tour.

OU4LIFE
moran

NORM!!!

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 10:51 AM
There are A LOT of home brew swings on the Champions Tour.

squeek, do you have to copy EVERYTHING I say?

picasso
5/24/2006, 10:55 AM
Dude, ALL the old guys have "home-brewed" swings. ALL of them. Some are more classic than others, but they are all individual Especially Thorpe's follow thru..and he's a funny dude.

Watson can't hit it out of his own shadow...I was really surprised at how short he is...with the driver. Jacobs has a great move at the ball...and he beats it.
well we all know Jacobs is a big hitter. Watson must have lost a lot of distance because he wasn't always like that.

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 11:20 AM
that's what I thought too...I thought he used to be a fairly long hitter, but everyone in his group beat it past him, including Dr. Gil.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
5/24/2006, 12:10 PM
and you dint.

I cut up with Trevino, told John Jacobs "we're going to need you to please stay inside the ropes" when he came out our way, and generally had a really good time stading on 18 tee and watching these guys try to hit that fairway into a 30mph wind. Good times. Just about every guy out there that was a big name, was tiny. Trevino, Irwin, Reid, Player, Watson...all a lot smaller that I had imagined.

Jacobs is a big dude, and funny.

and the course looked A M A Z I N G .

Isn't it Peter Jacobs??

OU4LIFE
5/24/2006, 12:13 PM
Well, Peter was there too....

Boomer_Sooner_sax
5/24/2006, 04:02 PM
I met Peter Jacobs at the OU-Oregon game in Norman while I was on the Oregon sidelines. He is very cool and I got my picture with him! Very cool guy and he talked to us for about 20 minutes.

BigRedJed
5/24/2006, 04:04 PM
I have Trophy Club passes every day of the tournament, bitches.

BigRedJed
5/24/2006, 04:05 PM
Oh, and I haven't used them yet. :mad:

Mjcpr
5/24/2006, 04:13 PM
Um, that's Peter Jacobsen, right?