PDA

View Full Version : we should play nebraska every damn year

PDXsooner
5/24/2006, 12:58 AM
this is ridiculous. how long are OU fans going to put up with having one of the best rivals in the history of the game being taken away from us? is there much of an outcry in norman about this?

with the addition of the 12th game, each team should pick up a "rival game" - i know there aren't a lot of north/south rivals, but OU-nebraska deserves better. we would have had a little more payback for the 90's if we could have played them '02 and '03 as well...

Boomer.....
5/24/2006, 07:37 AM
agreed. :)

walkoffsooner
5/24/2006, 07:49 AM
Me to I love that game. Drop osu I hate having to look at them.

Coloradosker
5/24/2006, 09:06 AM
Damn right!

SoonerMachine
5/24/2006, 10:33 AM
And we had better do it soon, because this series is already becoming a non-event to a new Sooner generation.

OUDoc
5/24/2006, 10:38 AM
I hate to admit it, but my outrage disappeared years ago. Still like to see it back, just because I can remember the old days. It would have to be on Thanksgiving though.

JPNSKER
5/24/2006, 12:26 PM
And we had better do it soon, because this series is already becoming a non-event to a new Sooner generation.

Ditto with the new Husker generation. Every fan should experience the respectful rivalry we had. For as long as I can remember, this was THE game and we admired the OU team as much as we did our own.

I realize names and coaches change, but I refuse to allow one or two remarks (from our current coach) to come between getting a good buzz on with a bunch of OU fans during the game!!

Blitzkrieg
5/24/2006, 09:18 PM
Fire callahan then have your people call my people.

shavedmarmoset
5/24/2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah, Callahan is the only reason why I don't mind the rivalry falling by the wayside. Great rivalry, but not anymore.

Tear Down This Wall
5/26/2006, 09:37 AM
If there was any justice at all, we would be allowed to drop Baylor or Texas Tech every other year (a.k.a. the two "Big 12" teams that should be in the Sun Belt, WAC, C-USA, or Mountain West) and fill in with Nebraska.

TexasLidig8r
5/26/2006, 09:47 AM
If there was any justice at all, we would be allowed to drop Baylor or Texas Tech every other year (a.k.a. the two "Big 12" teams that should be in the Sun Belt, WAC, C-USA, or Mountain West) and fill in with Nebraska.

Maybe.. Baylor feels that way in all other sports.

ALL-TIME BIG 12 MEN’S CHAMPIONSHIPS
TEXAS 30 (7 in 2005-06)
Nebraska 17
Oklahoma State 13
Colorado 11
Baylor 9
Kansas 7
Oklahoma 7
Texas A&M 5
Iowa State 2
Texas Tech 2
Kansas State 1
Missouri 0

;) You're welcome Sic.

OUDoc
5/26/2006, 11:18 AM
All other sports don't matter quite so much.

Flagstaffsooner
5/26/2006, 11:31 AM
What Doc said!

Scott D
5/26/2006, 11:40 AM

I bet in Nebraskaland they are suggesting dropping Iowa State ;)

Big Red Ron
5/26/2006, 12:28 PM

TEXAS 30 (7 in 2005-06)
Nebraska 17
Oklahoma State 13
Colorado 11
Baylor 9
Kansas 7
Oklahoma 7
Texas A&M 5
Iowa State 2
Texas Tech 2
Kansas State 1
Missouri 0

;) You're welcome Sic.I'm guessing you don't count basketball tournement champs...but you are counting individual champs?

tbl
5/27/2006, 08:44 AM
He's an idiot... ;)

King Crimson
5/27/2006, 09:31 AM

TEXAS 30 (7 in 2005-06)
Nebraska 17
Oklahoma State 13
Colorado 11
Baylor 9
Kansas 7
Oklahoma 7
Texas A&M 5
Iowa State 2
Texas Tech 2
Kansas State 1
Missouri 0

;) You're welcome Sic.

at CU they hang banners in the Coors Events Center for Skiing and Cross Country championships.......this is pretty close to yer way of thinking Lid.

:rolleyes:

snp
5/27/2006, 11:10 AM

This debate is stupid.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/27/2006, 11:46 AM
Man, poor Mizzou

goingoneight
5/27/2006, 02:49 PM
All other sports don't matter at all.

Well, basketball was fun when OUr coach didn't give up 20 point wins every damn game. :(

Crimson Kid
5/28/2006, 06:58 AM
I will miss it, my best friend is a husker fan, and i loved getting togther with him for the games.

:(

SoonerShark
5/28/2006, 08:08 AM

TEXAS 30 (7 in 2005-06)
Nebraska 17
Oklahoma State 13
Colorado 11
Baylor 9
Kansas 7
Oklahoma 7
Texas A&M 5
Iowa State 2
Texas Tech 2
Kansas State 1
Missouri 0

;) You're welcome Sic.

That Texas record is impressive. Oil money does buy quite a bit these days. UT’s sports programs have thrived since it decided to graciously enroll students, such as Vince Young, who speak only pidgin English. I am excited that UT is finally bringing money to the conference in revenue producing sports. Getting to two BCS series games in a row and finally winning a Big 12 championship football game this millennium has really helped it pull its weight.

SoonerShark
5/28/2006, 08:16 AM
Actually, except for not truly liking one another, OU and UT has taken over the OU-NU spot in the conference's psyche. This is sad since Nebraska fans were always gracious, didn’t make satanic hand signs and spread steer manure on their fields rather than endlessly manufacturing it.

snp
5/28/2006, 08:49 AM
Oil money does buy quite a bit these days. UT’s sports programs have thrived since it decided to graciously enroll students, such as Vince Young, who speak only pidgin English.

Like we don't enroll complete morons for football or basketball?

But so what? We're not paying these guys to research genetic engineering.

Big Red Ron
5/28/2006, 11:03 AM

Like we don't enroll complete morons for football or basketball?

But so what? We're not paying these guys to research genetic engineering.Certainly not surgeons, congressman, CEO's, principals, teachers, entrepreneurs, businessman, mentors, pastors...:rolleyes:

MiccoMacey
5/29/2006, 01:58 AM
Certainly not surgeons, congressman, CEO's, principals, teachers, entrepreneurs, businessman, mentors, pastors...:rolleyes:

Left off firefighters...OU alums make great firefighters. ;)

Big Red Ron
5/29/2006, 09:35 AM
Oh and I agree, we should play Nebraska every year. We need another easy win every year.

badger
5/29/2006, 10:35 AM
considering the big 12 has been around for 10 years, we have a litte catching up to do. HOWEVER, would a Sooner fan please enlighten everyone about how many NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS OU received since the beginning of the big 12?

(poor mizzou in advance)

TheGodfather889
5/29/2006, 02:02 PM
The only reason that I would really care about playing Nebraska every year is to get revenge for the 90's. I'm only 21 so I grew up with OU football in the 90's and I remember the 69-7 and 73-21 games all too well.

Big Red Ron
5/29/2006, 02:28 PM
considering the big 12 has been around for 10 years, we have a litte catching up to do. HOWEVER, would a Sooner fan please enlighten everyone about how many NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS OU received since the beginning of the big 12?

(poor mizzou in advance)I think four or five (Football, Softball, gymnastics and wrestling) all of course dependent on my often faulty memory.

lpbaby
5/31/2006, 03:25 AM
You handle Texass we will handle you. Saw Bohmar in the spring game...He's a couple of years away. Zac the Oklahoman will surgically miff you until we take you out of a BCS Bearth. Count on it; NU Vs OU Big 12 Champ Game this year. No Billy, Kenny, J.C., Elvis, Charles, Jamelle... Yall are screwed boys.

Big Red Ron
6/1/2006, 11:58 AM
You handle Texass we will handle you. Saw Bohmar in the spring game...He's a couple of years away. Zac the Oklahoman will surgically miff you until we take you out of a BCS Bearth. Count on it; NU Vs OU Big 12 Champ Game this year. No Billy, Kenny, J.C., Elvis, Charles, Jamelle... Yall are screwed boys.heh...this one seems less like a troll and more like a misgided true believer.

You mean Zac, the Oklahoman that didn't even get an offer from Okie State? Thanks for playin' and his name is Peterson.

TexasLidig8r
6/1/2006, 12:08 PM
Since we're all playing 12 games a year now...

Let's play all of the other Big XII schools each and every year and only have one non-conference game. We wouldn't need a conference championship game then and would have a true champion.

In basketball, play all other Big XII schools home and home and that would still leave each school with at least 5 - 6 non-conference games.

goingoneight
6/1/2006, 09:52 PM

Let's play all of the other Big XII schools each and every year and only have one non-conference game. We wouldn't need a conference championship game then and would have a true champion.

In basketball, play all other Big XII schools home and home and that would still leave each school with at least 5 - 6 non-conference games.

http://home.woh.rr.com/mikemercury/forumicons/BRILLIANT.JPG

goingoneight
6/1/2006, 09:53 PM
One major team per year outside the conference so you know instantly where you stand! It's not like any conference will have the continuity in success like the BIG 12 football names will anyway.

PDXsooner
6/1/2006, 11:47 PM

wouldn't work - kansas state would never allow a schedule that didn't allow them at least TWO opponents no one's ever heard of...

badger
6/2/2006, 01:50 AM

http://www.transom.org/shows/photos/200210.vader1.240.jpg
the force is true with this one.

freshchris05
6/2/2006, 05:29 PM
This "true" champion thing is smart i think even with the north and south divisions the championship should still be 1 vs 2 i mean these last few years giving crappy north teams a free ticket to kc just to get killed is weak... u can bring up ou/ksu 2003 all u want but no one cares... 1 vs 2...

freshchris05
6/2/2006, 05:38 PM
The only reason that I would really care about playing Nebraska every year is to get revenge for the 90's. I'm only 21 so I grew up with OU football in the 90's and I remember the 69-7 and 73-21 games all too well.

Exactly... I'm 19 and i remember watching those games when i was younger and revenge is due haha... which makes me wonder why in 2004 stoops tried to get a senior(can remember who) a touchdown and nebraska fans said he was running up the score... i was ****ed, suck on corn you bastards...

I remember the Gibbs years and the two other idiots who came before stoops, i remember some sad saturdays but i was always a fan...

A-M
6/2/2006, 06:08 PM
Fire callahan then have your people call my people.
Yea, what Blitzakrige said.

A-M
6/2/2006, 06:10 PM
wouldn't work - kansas state would never allow a schedule that didn't allow them at least TWO opponents no one's ever heard of...
Since I live in Kansas, I can say that this is very true!