PDA

View Full Version : Raptors land #1 draft pick

sportsguy75
5/23/2006, 07:03 PM
Will they take Morrison?

Big Red Ron
5/23/2006, 08:38 PM
14) Utah, 13) Philadelphia, 12) Oklahoma City, 11) Orlando, 10) Seattle, 9) Golden State, 8) Houston, 7) Boston, 6) Minnesota, 5) Atlanta, 4) Portland, 3) Charlotte, 2) Chicago (from NY), 1) Toronto

AllAboutThe'O'
5/23/2006, 09:21 PM
Will they take Morrison?
I think Tyrus Thomas and Aldridge are the first two picks taken. Then Charlotte takes Morrison at No. 3.

HoserSooner
5/24/2006, 07:49 AM
God knows the franchise needs something like this.

Scott D
5/24/2006, 07:55 AM
it worked out so well with Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady ;)

HoserSooner
5/24/2006, 08:43 AM
it worked out so well with Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady ;)

Yes, don't remind me. :( They had something good there, but something happened, and McGrady wanted out. Apparently he didn't like sharing the limelight with his cousin.

After that, the team went straight to sucky-town, and has been bad ever since. Hopefully the new management (GM that is....the upper level is the same group that runs the Leafs, and everyone knows how good that has gone for the past 39 years...:mad: ) will turn this thing around, and basketball will matter in this town again.

Scott D
5/24/2006, 09:38 AM
Well to be fair, McGrady is an overrated primadonna and always has been. Carter's malcontent stemmed from excessive mismanagement. Problem with the draft this year is there is no real stand out #1 type player.

snp
5/25/2006, 02:30 PM
Hopefully the new management (GM that is....the upper level is the same group that runs the Leafs, and everyone knows how good that has gone for the past 39 years...:mad: ) will turn this thing around, and basketball will matter in this town again.

I have no clue how the Leafs have been doing. What is this "hockey" stuff you speak of?

HoserSooner
5/25/2006, 03:00 PM
I have no clue how the Leafs have been doing. What is this "hockey" stuff you speak of?

Remember those guys that were on strike for a year? You know, the guys with hot tropy wives and no teeth? (The players that is, not the wives.....most of them have all their teeth).

BeetDigger
5/25/2006, 06:30 PM
This is about the third or fourth year in a row that the east has landed the #1 pick and where the east has at least two of the top four picks. Stern now has to figure out how to manuver LeBron into Boston, move Ben Wallace out to LA next year, get the Knicks straighened out so that he can move a high profile player or two onto that team, perhaps a little more fine tuning of Chicago (although the #2 pick this year may ensure that the are back into the playoffs for another five or six years).....

When is the next TV contract being negotiated? He's got a lot of work to do between now and then.