PDA

View Full Version : More bad news for Oklahoma agriculture

royalfan5
5/23/2006, 04:27 PM
http://agriculture.com/ag/story.jhtml;jsessionid=CRYZMC12NE3TXQFIBQSCAOQ?sto ryid=/templatedata/ag/story/data/1148414549482.xml

Fed Cattle prices are being to drop with the expanding cattle cycle. Cattle Feeders are taking a bath right about now, but Cow-Calf people should be above water for the current time.

Mjcpr
5/23/2006, 04:29 PM
Does this mean we can buy steaks cheaper?

royalfan5
5/23/2006, 04:31 PM
Does this mean we can buy steaks cheaper?
In theory, yes. However energy costs might wipe out the consumer benefit

Mjcpr
5/23/2006, 04:33 PM

Well, in theory there would be a price increase anyway due to energy costs, right? The cheap beef just offsets it a little and that's okay with me.

royalfan5
5/23/2006, 04:37 PM
Well, in theory there would be a price increase anyway due to energy costs, right? The cheap beef just offsets it a little and that's okay with me.
That and IBP might just say **** it and see if the consumer will keep paying the same price, and raise the price for energy costs too. That's where the average american's ignorance of Agriculture hurts them. This is why direct beef marketing may grow in the near future. If you have the oppurtunity and storage to buy quarters and halfs of beef, I would do it. There would be substantial savings.

walkoffsooner
5/23/2006, 08:01 PM
Energy cost's are down to.

royalfan5
5/23/2006, 09:19 PM
Energy cost's are down to.
Not a whole hell of a lot for the things that pertain to the cattle industry though. Plus a crack down on illegals, can't help.