PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a place in Norman

ArkanSooner
5/23/2006, 03:17 PM
Hey guys-
I'm a 20-year old male who is moving to Norman within the next week or two. I know absolutely no one in the OKC area, and so I was wondering if yall could give me some advice on where to live. Forgive me if a thread of this sort has been posted before, I've browsed through the past month's worth of posts on the South Oval and haven't found anything. If there's somewhere that I can find help already, just give me a link.

Anyway, I will be taking summer classes at OU. I've got a class at the Physical Science Center at 8 am and a class at Sarkeys at 11:30. I (hopefully) will be working at Norman Regional Hospital in the afternoons. I don't smoke, don't drink, no drugs. I'd like a nice, safe, convenient place with fast internet and good parking (and a large proportion of hot girls :D ) close to campus and maybe the hospital that rents for less than $450/month.

Anyone got any advice? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm driving over there from Russellville, AR either Wednesday or Thursday of this week to check things out, then am going to try to get moved out this weekend or the beginning of next week.

1stTimeCaller
5/23/2006, 03:19 PM
University Commons or Sterling University Greens is about all that I can think of. It's been a while since I lived in Norman though.

Mjcpr
5/23/2006, 03:19 PM
I don't smoke, don't drink, no drugs.

Are you sure you don't mean ORU?

Ike
5/23/2006, 03:21 PM
oh how I miss having rents that were below $500 a month.

You couldn't rent a closet for that much here...

thats all. If I were you, I'd just start at campus and fan out till you find a place. there really aren't any bad neighborhoods in Norman. some scrungy looking ones sure, but not bad.

TopDaugIn2000
5/23/2006, 03:23 PM
is it just for the summer? are you just wanting a room?

check here (http://sin.ou.edu/virtual_market/category.php?cat=1212985956&page=1) sometimes vacancies and "roomie wanted" ads are posted.

TopDaugIn2000
5/23/2006, 03:27 PM
the only apt complex I lived in was Hampton Woods. STAY AWAY. overpriced HELL HOLE.

(Went for rent houses after that)

University Commons and Sterling University Greens were mentioned earlier. They are across the street from Hampton Woods. When I was living there they were PARTY places. Seriously. And you dont' sound like that type.

1stTimeCaller
5/23/2006, 03:28 PM
from TD2k's link:

Room for the summer $175/month
One room in a three bedroom house on Classen Blvd. between Boyd and Brooks streets. Easy walk to campus, and only a five minute bike ride. Fenced in yard allows for pets. Ready to be moved into, hurry now and get the rest of May for free! Only $175+share of utilities. Best offer in town
Price
$175
Pay Details
monthly, or both months up front.
Seller
brooneh
Contact Info
[email protected]
Date Submitted
09:45 am May 23, 2006

University Commons SUMMER GREAT DEAL $180 ALL INCLUSIVE
University Commons Apt, your own bedroom, laundry, cable,amenities, swimming pool, great roomates, etc. For just $160 or best offer. Starting NOW!
Price
$180
Pay Details
cash
Seller
Franchito
Contact Info
German, 405-313-1931 or [email protected]
Date Submitted
02:46 pm May 22, 2006

Summer Pointe Apartments for rent, Great summer rates!!
Now preleasing for fall !!! Summer Pointe apartments located within a mile of the University of Oklahoma and along the CART bus route, it offers the convenience of campus living without the distractions for a reasonable price
Price
$360
Pay Details
monthly
Seller
Anvar
Contact Info
405-364-5622
Date Submitted
12:01 pm May 22, 2006

Room for summer sub lease in Kraettli
I have a room available for summer in Kraettli. I will not be here during summer, hence looking for somebody to sub lease for summer. There is another tenant in the apartment. All bills paid.
Price
$290.5
Pay Details
Negotiable.
Seller
ninan
Contact Info
(405) 414 5784
Date Submitted
09:00 am May 22, 2006

SoonerInKCMO
5/23/2006, 03:32 PM
$175 a month?!?

I ought to rent that just to have a place to crash if I just happen to come through Norman this summer.

TopDaugIn2000
5/23/2006, 03:33 PM
you can also find listings in the Norman Transcript

here (http://classifieds.cnhi.com/categories?publishername=thenormantranscript)

King Crimson
5/23/2006, 03:35 PM
check the norman transcript on-line. google it.

you ought to be able to find a solid place close to campus this time of year.

SoonerBorn
5/23/2006, 06:34 PM
I'm sure alot of places are still offering incentives (1/2 off first months rent, etc.). I moved into Post Oak apts at Chautauqua and HWY-9 a little over a month ago, and I've been surprised at how quiet it is here. $450 will get you a studio apt. here, I think.

ArkanSooner
5/23/2006, 07:46 PM
Wow, thanks for all your help guys. I just sent an email to the $175 month guy...after a quick facebook search, I saw that he is from Bentonville, AR, a town that's in my hometown's athletic conference. What are the odds?

If that doesn't work out, I'll look into all the other options you guys gave. Thanks! I know I can always count on Sooner fans.