PDA

View Full Version : REYNOLDS TO ANNOUNCE TODAY!

runner1182
5/23/2006, 11:19 AM
scout.com reports
The wait for Scottie Reynolds' decision is just about over. The McDonald's All-American PG informed GoBlueWolverine last night that he will be making his choice public in a press conference after school today.

"I get out of school at 2:10," said Reynolds. "We'll go right to it. It will probably happen around 2:30 - 3:00."

Sooner in Tampa
5/23/2006, 11:25 AM
I assume that means that he is heading to UM.

sooner518
5/23/2006, 11:29 AM
UM ?

I thought it was Villanova

King Crimson
5/23/2006, 11:44 AM
i'd guess Nova. i don't see the love affair with Amaker....guy has been to the NCAA once or twice in 6-7 years of coaching. Capel my be unproven at power conference level....but AMaker has already proven that he's pretty average.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/23/2006, 12:42 PM
i'd guess Nova. i don't see the love affair with Amaker....guy has been to the NCAA once or twice in 6-7 years of coaching. Capel my be unproven at power conference level....but AMaker has already proven that he's pretty average.

I'm probably not as bitter at Reynolds as some. If he did indeed try to get other recruits like James and Mayfield to go with him I have a problem with that but it is obvious that they are going 3 seperate places. I'm not bothered so much provided he is outside the conference ,especially if it is somewhere like Nova that is much closer to home. Now James on the other hand is now "pubic enemy #1". Pubic as in d***.

More importantly I'm behind the guys that want to be here.

jccouger
5/23/2006, 01:00 PM
**** Reynolds

Scott D
5/23/2006, 01:06 PM

to be fair to Amaker, his tenure @ Michigan until this past year has been filled with postseason bans and fewer scholarships for the violations during Steve Fischer's tenure as the head coach.

NUSooner
5/23/2006, 01:08 PM
if he goes to Nova we'll get to see both James and Reynolds inside the Lloyd Noble this season, I'm pretty sure.

boomersooner28
5/23/2006, 01:25 PM
Hey, where's that OUGreg guy?

King Crimson
5/23/2006, 01:34 PM
to be fair to Amaker, his tenure @ Michigan until this past year has been filled with postseason bans and fewer scholarships for the violations during Steve Fischer's tenure as the head coach.

that's true....but the guy seems to me to be in the middle of the pack of Big 10 coaches** when it's time to play the game. the one season of post season ban kept them out of the NIT. they had a decent record last year and an rpi (47) that might get you in some years....but only played one NCAA tournament team OOC: UCLA in Ann Arbor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Amaker

i'll confess that part of my bias is i get REALLY tired of Vitale teabagging him on games that are not even big 10 games. Mistah Tommy AMmakuh!!!!

he's been a monster in the NIT, though.

**(no order) Izzo, Sampson, Weber, Matta, Bo Ryan, Alford (i guess)....that's got Amaker 7th in the league at best.

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 01:37 PM
Hey guys. talked to him today. He isnt telling anybody anything. Only coach Hall knows. I think it's us or Nova though. Most likely Nova. I'm going to a basketball banquet for our team tonight at the high school so I'll talk to him then. We shall see soon enough..

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 01:39 PM
**** Reynolds

Take it easy now, If he comes to OU we're winning the national championship.

If he doesnt come to OU we are winning the national championship.

I believe in Capel.

Scott D
5/23/2006, 01:39 PM
that's true....but the guy seems to me to be in the middle of the pack of Big 10 coaches when it's time to play the game. the one season of post season ban kept them out of the NIT. they had a decent record last year and an rpi (47) that might get you in some years....but only played one NCAA tournament team OOC: UCLA in Ann Arbor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Amaker

i'll confess that part of my bias is i get REALLY tired of Vitale teabagging him on games that are not even big 10 games. Mistah Tommy AMmakuh!!!!

he's been a monster in the NIT, though.

I think the upcoming senior class at Michigan is the first one that is completely his and not laden with the star player being a NBA defection early (Jamal Crawford). At this point winning the NIT is nice, and they don't mind him splitting with the Spartans last year. However, they are at the point where they are expecting the Wolverines to compete for the Big-10/11 Title now.

sooner518
5/23/2006, 01:44 PM
it should happen pretty soon huh? Any news?

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 01:50 PM
I guess Michigan has just as good a chance, he just wasnt as enthusiastic talking to me about them...your guess is as good as mine. I'll be shocked if he's wearing the crimson and cream next year though..

Taxman71
5/23/2006, 01:53 PM
I think the signing of Maze likely make Reynolds' decision easier. I don't see any way he ever comes to Norman, unless it is in a Nova uniform.

The Consumate Showman
5/23/2006, 02:00 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

SoonerShark
5/23/2006, 02:02 PM
Nova is a basketball school.
We are a football school.
UM is a softball school.

Regardless, give us some love, Scottie.

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 02:10 PM
I feel like a little kid who still wants to believe Santa is real.

I have so much hope, but I just know it's not happening.

soonerdave79
5/23/2006, 02:12 PM
Rivals says Reynolds finds a new home under "latest headlines". I don't have a membership, so I can't tell you what it says. Anyone?

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 02:15 PM
Villanova. End of Story.

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 02:16 PM
We'll be fine! let's just move on!:)

toast
5/23/2006, 02:17 PM
At least it wasn't a B12 school, and I believe Nova comes to Norman in the near future.

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 02:20 PM
"..and when we play ya, we're gonna be ya."

-Barry Switzer

NormanPride
5/23/2006, 02:23 PM
He will not be missed.

Taxman71
5/23/2006, 02:23 PM
Finally, his 15 minutes is up, Kelvin has faded into history and we can focus on OU basketball taking the next step. May the 3 darlings never be spoken around here again.

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 02:24 PM
3 darlings are banned starting.......................................... NOW!

King Crimson
5/23/2006, 02:25 PM
Hernol Hall.........come on down!

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 02:26 PM
Now that's the spirit!

sooner518
5/23/2006, 02:30 PM
good riddance

SoonerShark
5/23/2006, 03:11 PM
Thanks for nothing, Bitch!

Newbomb Turk
5/23/2006, 09:21 PM
I'm not going to bother reading through this thread, but I don't give a rat's *** where he goes.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/23/2006, 10:06 PM
I'm not going to bother reading through this thread, but I don't give a rat's *** where he goes.

word.......Longar is going to go for 20 and 10 a game this year and be big 12 player of the year and......wow these left handed cigarettes are weird

Big Red Ron
5/24/2006, 08:20 AM
he looked like a puss anyway...kinda soft. we don't need em.

OUGreg723
5/24/2006, 10:56 AM
haha, now I can gaurantee you hes not a ***** and he isnt soft at all. The one problem he has is that he doesnt handle adversity well. Not so much in a game, but off the court. For example, when we lost the state championship game by 2 points, he was so sad that he just chucked his silver metal into the stands....It was kinda embarressing. I had to go give it back to an assistant coach. He's a good kid and all, but after seeing him handle certain things in immature ways, I'm not so sure how Capel and him would get along.. He can be replaced.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/24/2006, 11:17 AM
haha, now I can gaurantee you hes not a ***** and he isnt soft at all. The one problem he has is that he doesnt handle adversity well. Not so much in a game, but off the court. For example, when we lost the state championship game by 2 points, he was so sad that he just chucked his silver metal into the stands....It was kinda embarressing. I had to go give it back to an assistant coach. He's a good kid and all, but after seeing him handle certain things in immature ways, I'm not so sure how Capel and him would get along.. He can be replaced.

He is going to be a very good player at Nova and he would have been a good player at OU if he had wanted to be here. The whole saga of Reynolds, James and Mayfield getting out of their LOI got real tiring and I'm pretty much just happy it is over.

I appreciate all your updates on Reynolds nonetheless.

Jimminy Crimson
5/24/2006, 11:32 AM
Hey Greg, why does Reynolds hate you?

Not following you to OU and all... ;)

OUGreg723
5/24/2006, 08:09 PM
I wish I knew..:D

soonerguild
5/24/2006, 11:38 PM
Ill be the first to laugh if Maze ends up better anyway.