PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa Fun

SicEmBaylor
5/23/2006, 10:17 AM
So, this girl I haven't seen in years is driving from Springfield to Tulsa to catch a flight from Tulsa to Arlington and back to visit some friends. I asked if she was in a hurry to get back to Missouri on the return leg and she said, 'no' so I'm picking her up at the airport to have dinner or go do something.

Anywhoo, I was thinking of taking her to that pizza place on 71st street where they have the Go-Karts, mini golf, etc. but I went to their website and they look just a little too kiddish.

I want to have a fun activity type evening along with dinner instead of just the standard run of the mill dinner date. Does anyone have any suggestions that might turn this adventure into breakfast too?

j/k..but I would like some helpful suggestions.

1stTimeCaller
5/23/2006, 10:19 AM
I'm gonna be angry if you take a chick to ride go-karts before I do.

crawfish
5/23/2006, 10:19 AM
I want to have a fun activity type evening along with dinner instead of just the standard run of the mill dinner date. Does anyone have any suggestions that might turn this adventure into breakfast too?

Probably sex.

Mjcpr
5/23/2006, 10:20 AM
I'm afraid you might be beyond help if you were actually going to take her to Incredible Pizza.

Go somewhere nice, go play putt putt golf at the place off 169, take her to Brookside and get her plowed.

Boomer.....
5/23/2006, 10:22 AM
Alcohol = overnight stay

SicEmBaylor
5/23/2006, 10:22 AM
I'm afraid you might be beyond help if you were actually going to take her to Incredible Pizza.

Go somewhere nice, go play putt putt golf at the place off 169, take her to Brookside and get her plowed.

Well, I'm trying to stay somewhat near the airport. If I go for the getting her plowed option how is Tulsa's Fox and Hound?

I could give you all the time and date all of this is going down so you hillbillies can meet up with me and talk me through it. (kidding again).

crawfish
5/23/2006, 10:24 AM
rohyponol = overnight stay

True.

1stTimeCaller
let me give you some pointers...

Mjcpr
Well, I'm trying to stay somewhat near the airport. If I go for the getting her plowed option how is Tulsa's Fox and Hound?

I could give you all the time and date all of this is going down so you hillbillies can meet up with me and talk me through it. (kidding again).

Incredible Pizza is nowhere near the airport.

What we're going to need is a set of walkie talkies.... :D

SicEmBaylor
5/23/2006, 10:28 AM
Incredible Pizza is nowhere near the airport.

What we're going to need is a set of walkie talkies.... :D

Well it's the 71st street traffic I'm dreading. It's going to be [b]horrendous[b] on this day...

SoonerInKCMO
5/23/2006, 10:43 AM
All of 71st street is nowhere near the airport.

:confused:

SicEmBaylor
5/23/2006, 10:45 AM
All of 71st street is nowhere near the airport.

:confused:

Eh, kind of. There's a lot of stuff a lot closer though. But I'm certainly not limiting things to only that area. I just need ideas because I'm frankly clueless.

SoonerInKCMO
5/23/2006, 10:52 AM
Apparently, the first thing you need is a map with both the airport and 71st street clearly marked. :D

Night Trips has no cover for ladies - take her there.

Or you could take her somewhere on 15th st. Probably more to her liking.

Melo
5/23/2006, 10:54 AM
:mad:

;)

1stTimeCaller
5/23/2006, 10:55 AM
uh oh

Stanley1
5/23/2006, 10:58 AM
Apparently, the first thing you need is a map with both the airport and 71st street clearly marked. :D

Night Trips has no cover for ladies - take her there.

Or you could take her somewhere on 15th st. Probably more to her liking.

And for the after hours party, try the lovely Escapades. They have an EXCELLENT assortment of juices and colas for you to enjoy, and they are open till 4am. :D

toast
5/23/2006, 10:58 AM
There's a Wal-Mart not too far from the airport, maybe she can get lucky and get her toes licked.

Stanley1
5/23/2006, 11:00 AM
So, this girl I haven't seen in years is driving from Springfield to Tulsa to catch a flight from Tulsa to Arlington and back to visit some friends. I asked if she was in a hurry to get back to Missouri on the return leg and she said, 'no' so I'm picking her up at the airport to have dinner or go do something.

Anywhoo, I was thinking of taking her to that pizza place on 71st street where they have the Go-Karts, mini golf, etc. but I went to their website and they look just a little too kiddish.

j/k..but I would like some helpful suggestions.

If you want to do go-karts, try the place out on like Mingo and 81st or so. They have 3 putt-putt courses and go-karts, and it is (or used to be) a little more grown up. Celebration Station wouldn't be bad either, but its a little more kiddish.

Gilligans Island has putt-putt as well.

1stTimeCaller
5/23/2006, 11:01 AM
if he goes to ride go-karts I'll be mad at you too Stanley.

SoonerInKCMO
5/23/2006, 11:03 AM
And for the after hours party, try the lovely Escapades. They have an EXCELLENT assortment of juices and colas for you to enjoy, and they are open till 4am. :D

Check your vaccinations records first.

And get a tetanus booster.

And a full-body latex suit.

Stanley1
5/23/2006, 11:06 AM
if he goes to ride go-karts I'll be mad at you too Stanley.

Dude, if I take you to ride go-karts will you lighten up?

1stTimeCaller
5/23/2006, 11:08 AM
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimminy Crimson
5/23/2006, 11:10 AM
Just take her somewhere on 15th or on Brookside.

Show her dat you da man.

SicEmBaylor
5/23/2006, 11:11 AM
:mad:

;)

Ahh fear not my drum banging Aphrodite. 'Tis true I'm having dinner with this old friend, but rest assured it's just Go-Karts and my mind and my heart will at all times be elsewhere.

Besides, I have something TRULY special planned for someone far more deserving. ;-)

SicEmBaylor
5/23/2006, 11:12 AM
If you want to do go-karts, try the place out on like Mingo and 81st or so. They have 3 putt-putt courses and go-karts, and it is (or used to be) a little more grown up. Celebration Station wouldn't be bad either, but its a little more kiddish.

Gilligans Island has putt-putt as well.

I think I know the place you're talking about. I might give that one some consideration. Is there food to be had at that place?

Stanley1
5/23/2006, 11:15 AM
I think I know the place you're talking about. I might give that one some consideration. Is there food to be had at that place?

Yea, they have/had burgers, nachos, maybe hotdogs, stuff like that. I'd take her to dinner beforehand, then head out there.

NormanPride
5/23/2006, 11:16 AM
Ahh fear not my drum banging Aphrodite. 'Tis true I'm having dinner with this old friend, but rest assured it's just Go-Karts and my mind and my heart will at all times be elsewhere.

Besides, I have something TRULY special planned for someone far more deserving. ;-)

Lid will NEVER expect those rose-scented Yankee candles. You rock, man. :texan:

SicEmBaylor
5/23/2006, 11:33 AM
Lid will NEVER expect those rose-scented Yankee candles. You rock, man. :texan:

Actually, I was hoping he'd get on and show me the truth path. Say what you will about Lid, and there's a lot to say, but I think he has game.

SicEmBaylor
5/26/2006, 01:49 AM
Okay, Since I was rather underwhelmed by the SO responses on this (disappointing to say the least..except for Stan who rocks)I've decided what I'm going to do.

Dinner and drinks at Fox and Hound and then I'm thinking mini-golf at that place on East 61st street.

olevetonahill
5/26/2006, 02:01 AM
Okay, Since I was rather underwhelmed by the SO responses on this (disappointing to say the least..except for Stan who rocks)I've decided what I'm going to do.

Dinner and 42 drinks at Fox and Hound and then I'm thinking Sex any where I can hit it.
Fixed that rite up for you.:)
Are you gonna let this opportunity slip by to ? :eek:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/26/2006, 02:09 AM
In your conversations with the lovely lady, be sure to discuss the foreign policy of Madeline Albright, and Nat. Defense perspectives of Zignieu(sp.?) Brzinski(sp.?), and you will make out like a love-bandit.

SicEmBaylor
5/26/2006, 02:32 AM
In your conversations with the lovely lady, be sure to discuss the foreign policy of Madeline Albright, and Nat. Defense perspectives of Zignieu(sp.?) Brzinski(sp.?), and you will make out like a love-bandit.

She'd love that. She worked on Howard Dean's Missouri campaign. ;)

And no this opportunity will NOT pass me by if it presents itself. She is definitely NOT a skanky skater chick who intends to rob and possibly kill me.

starclassic tama
5/26/2006, 02:52 AM
putt-putt golf and go-karts? what the hell? aren't you people in your thirties?

Melo
5/26/2006, 03:00 AM
Most of the people on this board are older, but SicEm is early twenties, I believe. ;)

Mjcpr
5/26/2006, 08:48 AM

Dinner and drinks at Fox and Hound and then I'm thinking mini-golf at that place on East 61st street.

WTF? That's pretty much exactly what I told you to do AND I saved you the embarassment of taking her to Incredible Pizza. :confused:

Ingrate. :D

Stanley1
5/26/2006, 09:43 AM
Notice he said "Stan rocks", not "Pat rocks".

You SUCK! ;)

picasso
5/26/2006, 09:54 AM
Just take her somewhere on 15th or on Brookside.

Show her dat you da man.
bingo.

never take a date to 71st street unless that's your 'hood or something.
I avoid that area like the Howzit Plague.

Jeopardude
5/26/2006, 11:23 AM
how is Tulsa's Fox and Hound?

If you want a nice, intimate real bar avoid this place like the plague. If a bunch of crap on the wall and 9,000 big screens surrounding you like you were in the Situation Room is your Generican preference, have a simulated great time.

hurricane'bone
5/26/2006, 02:12 PM
So...you want to avoid 71st street traffic...so you're taking her to a place at 68th?

List:
Kilkenney's, Doe's, Boston's, Rehab Lounge, Gray Snail, If you want to get really fancy you could take her to Table Ten over on Brookside, Suede, En Fuego, In The Raw, or Louie's

Pieces Hit
5/26/2006, 02:15 PM
Bells anyone?

Stanley1
5/26/2006, 02:25 PM
<sigh>

Correct me if I'm wrong SicEm, but this isn't really a "date", but more of meeting up with an old friend that you haven't seen in a while?

You don't pull out all the stops, so to speak, on a night that isn't even a date. Nothing wrong with doing the "fun" thing, in case there is some weirdness from not having been around each other in a long time.

I say do what you want SicEm.

SicEmBaylor
5/26/2006, 02:32 PM
<sigh>

Correct me if I'm wrong SicEm, but this isn't really a "date", but more of meeting up with an old friend that you haven't seen in a while?

You don't pull out all the stops, so to speak, on a night that isn't even a date. Nothing wrong with doing the "fun" thing, in case there is some weirdness from not having been around each other in a long time.

I say do what you want SicEm.

Well, we've discussed this issue and the frank answer is "both." It amounts to dinner with a friend to see if anything else could arise. We almost did this once before, but I ended up getting back together with my ex so that was out the window.

That's why I'm trying to pull out the stops here because I'd like for something else to "arise." No pun intended.

Pieces Hit
5/26/2006, 02:33 PM
"Tulsa" and "Fun" is an oxymoron.

Stanley1
5/26/2006, 02:34 PM
Well, we've discussed this issue and the frank answer is "both." It amounts to dinner with a friend to see if anything else could arise. We almost did this once before, but I ended up getting back together with my ex so that was out the window.

That's why I'm trying to pull out the stops here because I'd like for something else to "arise." No pun intended.

Oh.....then I suggest at least making a stop down on Brookside at some point.

silverwheels
5/26/2006, 02:35 PM
Take her somewhere dark and play the game "Who's In My Mouth?" with her.

SicEmBaylor
6/4/2006, 10:06 PM
It went well. :D

olevetonahill
6/4/2006, 10:13 PM
It went well. :D
So ya got laid huh ?

StoopTroup
6/4/2006, 10:46 PM
Don't kiss and tell.

post pics. :D

olevetonahill
6/4/2006, 10:56 PM
Don't kiss and tell.

post pics. :D
Trudat , Kiss,Tell ,and post pics :D

SicEmBaylor
6/5/2006, 02:02 AM
No pics. I would subject neither her nor me to that kind of torture from you people ;).

That being said, it was great. I figured Tulsa would be freaking crowded on Memorial Day but there was NOBODY around. I spent about an hour at the airport though listening to people complain to these two nice elderly airport volunteers who couldn't do a damned thing about their flight.

Apparently there was some sort of medical emergency and a flight had to land in Tulsa combined with some delayed flights in Chicago or something.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because I'm sure not going into details on the rest of it. :D

olevetonahill
6/5/2006, 04:04 AM
Does that mean ya got laid ? ;)

Jimminy Crimson
6/5/2006, 08:18 AM
We don't want details, but at least give us some detals. :norm:

Pricetag
6/5/2006, 08:43 AM
If you want to do go-karts, try the place out on like Mingo and 81st or so. They have 3 putt-putt courses and go-karts, and it is (or used to be) a little more grown up.
This is a moot point by now, but if you're talking about Golf World, that place hasn't had go-karts in at least five years. In fact, I think about the only thing still functioning over there are the driving range and the mini golf courses. I'm not sure about the batting cages.

On the other hand, they did turn the club house building into a decent bar and grill called The Stadium.

walkoffsooner
6/5/2006, 08:47 AM
Fake a seizure need a place to lay down that should get you started.

NormanPride
6/5/2006, 10:28 AM
This thread fails miserably.

SicEmBaylor
6/8/2006, 11:11 PM
UPDATE: I asked the girl if she would like to go out again sometime and she said she'd love to. GO ME!

And hell I guess I'll show a pic. Be kind.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/gopback/pic2.jpg

SicEmBaylor
6/17/2006, 05:51 PM
So, this girl seems to genuinely like me. Here is date #2.
I wanted to do something a bit "bigger", but I was afraid this was too big for date #2. After talking to her about it though she seems excited about it.

Anyway, sadly, it involves Branson because of the distance factor. Going to spend all day at Silver Dollar City and then head over to that new place Celebration City in the evening. Afterward, she has agreed to get a hotel room with me in Branson that night. I'm thinking I'm going to have champagne on ice waiting for us upon our return. After cleaning up we can watch a romantic movie, enjoy the bubbly, and....I don't know what...

:D

OCUDad
6/17/2006, 05:57 PM
So, this girl seems to genuinely like me. If she starts to get too serious about you, show her this thread. That ought to fix it. :rolleyes:

Stanley1
6/17/2006, 06:09 PM
So, this girl seems to genuinely like me. Here is date #2.
I wanted to do something a bit "bigger", but I was afraid this was too big for date #2. After talking to her about it though she seems excited about it.

Anyway, sadly, it involves Branson because of the distance factor. Going to spend all day at Silver Dollar City and then head over to that new place Celebration City in the evening. Afterward, she has agreed to get a hotel room with me in Branson that night. I'm thinking I'm going to have champagne on ice waiting for us upon our return. After cleaning up we can watch a romantic movie, enjoy the bubbly, and....I don't know what...

:D

Good plan until the part about the champagne. Might be a bit much. Maybe wine, or just some good 'ol beer.

SicEmBaylor
6/17/2006, 06:31 PM
Good plan until the part about the champagne. Might be a bit much. Maybe wine, or just some good 'ol beer.
Zima?

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 06:50 PM
Since she's from Springfield...

For the 2nd date...

Take her to eat at the restaurant at the Bass Pro Shop. :D

Octavian
6/17/2006, 06:58 PM
Cloud 9

Stanley1
6/17/2006, 07:29 PM
Zima?

Don't forget the jolly ranchers. :D

soonerscuba
6/17/2006, 07:51 PM
Zima?

For her, but then what you going to drink? Unless you are, like, a total fag. ;)

SicEmBaylor
6/17/2006, 09:45 PM
For her, but then what you going to drink? Unless you are, like, a total fag. ;)

We must not have met...
Hi, I'm Sic'Em..offical SO spokesman for Zima and other fine flavored malted beverages.

Have a raspberry smirnoff ice on me.

Melo
6/17/2006, 09:52 PM
I told him he should fake a pulled muscle while theyre out having fun so that maybe she would give him a massage and all that other good stuff. :O

SicEmBaylor
6/18/2006, 03:37 AM
I told him he should fake a pulled muscle while theyre out having fun so that maybe she would give him a massage and all that other good stuff. :O

Melo is full of awesome tips. I'm sitting here taking notes from the girl!

Octavian
6/18/2006, 03:39 AM
Cloud 9

SicEmBaylor
6/18/2006, 03:40 AM
Cloud 9
Is this a place in Springfield?
Dance club? I can't dance. My dancing looks like something one of those idiots tapes himself doing on a webcam then posts it on yourtube.

Octavian
6/18/2006, 03:51 AM
Is this a place in Springfield?
Dance club? I can't dance. My dancing looks like something one of those idiots tapes himself doing on a webcam then posts it on yourtube.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9854/untitled1ep1.png (http://imageshack.us)
"You're a long way from home, yuppie boy. I'll start a tab."

http://www.cloud9bar.com/

;)

SicEmBaylor
6/18/2006, 03:54 AM
Oh yeahhh I've seen that place. Never been of course. :D

Jimminy Crimson
6/18/2006, 11:58 AM

:les:MY GROIN!!!

SicEmBaylor
6/18/2006, 02:35 PM
:les:MY GROIN!!!
GENIUS!:twinkies:

Good lord this place is like a gold mine of expertise.

Melo
6/18/2006, 02:42 PM
I also advised SicEm to take his camera so he could take pics and send them to me of her in the shower. Any takers? :rolleyes:

lefty
6/18/2006, 03:55 PM
Why would SicEm want to take pictures of anyone while he's in the shower? Doesn't that fog up the lens?

SicEmBaylor
6/18/2006, 10:14 PM
The plan was to take my laptop and give Melo and update on how "things are going" when said girl is in the shower (unless I'm with her). That moved into a discussion about setting up a webcam, charging SO members for the link, and splitting the money 50/50.

Melo
6/18/2006, 10:23 PM
The plan was to take my laptop and give Melo and update on how "things are going" when said girl is in the shower (unless I'm with her). That moved into a discussion about setting up a webcam, charging SO members for the link, and splitting the money 50/50.

Yea, thats how it went. I remembered the conversation in a vauge sort of way.

$20.