PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't you know what you're doing by now???

Osce0la
5/23/2006, 09:42 AM
Ok, so I'm training on my new desk (well, sort of, I have pretty much learned all of it now). Last week was my first week training over here, and the woman that had been training me (woman#1) was off on Friday - no problem, as I have pretty much learned everything already anyway...Well, we had one trade on Thursday in which the customer was charged a $75 redemption fee on their trades (so instead of getting $15,000 worth of shares, they would only get $14,925)...Well we have to correct this so they can get their full $15K worth of shares. So the other woman that is over here (woman#2, who should know what she's doing by now) starts showing me how to correct this. Long story short, the woman ends up making me do 7 transactions to correct this one thing...Yesterday the woman that has been training me gets back and sees this and is totally :confused: as to why we needed that many transactions to fix the $75 fee. Turns out all we had to do was disburse $75 into the customers account and that would've fixed it - in 1 transaction, and in like 5 minutes instead of 20-30.

Then yesterday we had to send out a wire to make a trade. It says on our spreadsheet that the wires to this company must be received by 4:00 EST to get that days closing costs...This morning I asked woman #2 if I needed to write out a ticket for the wire we did on yesterday...She looks at me totally lost and wants to know why we sent the wire out yesterday. I told her that it had to be sent yesterday in order for the customer to get that day's closing costs, and she then tells me that it should've been sent out today...:mad: Why have I been over here for 6 days and I know that wire should've gone out yesterday and she doesn't?

Everything is fixed now (and I was right in sending that wire out yesterday), I just don't understand how this woman doesn't know this stuff yet.

crawfish
5/23/2006, 09:43 AM
I always figured by 40 I'd know what I was doing. Doesn't seem possible in only two more months, tho. :(