PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio River now clean

jk the sooner fan
5/23/2006, 08:19 AM
from all the tears cried by the spurs fans last nite

boohooooo.....

Partial Qualifier
5/23/2006, 08:26 AM
Twas a good game, especially if you're a Mavs fan and/or tired of the Spurs. Personally I was glad to see the Spurs go home, erm, stay home

jk the sooner fan
5/23/2006, 08:36 AM
it was a GREAT series......i think as much as i hate to say it, the mavs could have been happy with their effort had they lost

but they cleared a hurdle last nite i'm not sure they knew they could get over

now we have to deal with Phoenix, not sure how Avery addresses that matchup, but i like the fact that Nash should be running out of gas about now

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2006, 08:42 AM
Sweet, sweet victory.

salth2o
5/23/2006, 08:47 AM
it was a GREAT series......i think as much as i hate to say it, the mavs could have been happy with their effort had they lost

Looking at the series as a whole and if the Mavs lost, maybe they could have found some positives. Considering only Game 7 though, from a coaches perspective, if they had lost after having a 20 point lead, there would be nothing positive b/c blowing a huge lead would overshadow anything else that happened.

mrowl
5/23/2006, 08:48 AM
Did anyone else notice the arm candy sitting next to Modano? :D

slickdawg
5/23/2006, 08:48 AM
I got pizzed off on the number of non-fouls called on folks defending Duncan.

He's getting favorable calls from the umps, much like Greg Maddux gets
corners on the plate that other pitchers don't get.

Duncan is a great player and I like him, but treat everyone the same!

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2006, 08:51 AM
I got pizzed off on the number of non-fouls called on folks defending Duncan.

He's getting favorable calls from the umps, much like Greg Maddux gets
corners on the plate that other pitchers don't get.

Duncan is a great player and I like him, but treat everyone the same!

They only one they wouldn't call em on was Dirk when he was guarding him. Dirk was bumping him more than Van Horn ever did, but it was "two superstars going at it", so no whistles. Kerr even pointed out that Duncan was getting away with the hand slap all series.

mrowl
5/23/2006, 09:00 AM
It was great when Kerr pointed out that Del Harris had to "talk" to Duncan about his whining... :D

Taxman71
5/23/2006, 09:00 AM
Dirk should average 40 per game against the Suns. Just look how well he played against the Spurs a/k/a the 2nd best defensive team in the league.

Tear Down This Wall
5/23/2006, 10:13 AM
This was a tough series for us Dallasites because San Antonio is full of insufferable dickweeds, and the Mavericks are owned by an insufferable dickweed. Either way...go Phoenix!

BeetDigger
5/23/2006, 10:28 AM
Mulitple Spurs fans offered Cuban a bet, loser has to take a drink of SA River water. Cuban responded "see, it's the worst thing that they can think of too."

NormanPride
5/23/2006, 11:19 AM
:D This series was awesome if not just because of the smack talk. I'm going to miss it now. Great way to end it, IMO. I just wish we could have won.

:(

Howzit
5/23/2006, 11:19 AM
It was great when Kerr pointed out that Del Harris had to "talk" to Duncan about his whining... :D

I thought Kerr was very objective throughout the series. At least the games I saw.

slickdawg
5/23/2006, 11:22 AM
I was waiting for Marv Albert to bite him.

Stanley1
5/23/2006, 11:23 AM
I stopped watching the NBA when Larry Legend retired.

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2006, 11:24 AM
I thought Kerr was very objective throughout the series. At least the games I saw.

I'll say this. He got more objective as the series went on. He finally stopped calling Popavich "Big Pop".

NormanPride
5/23/2006, 11:26 AM
I just wish I could get the local stations with Sean Elliott's coverage. He's such a huge homer, it's like watching OU football with Barry doing commentary. Well... without the mistakes, that is. :D

pb4ou
5/23/2006, 12:32 PM
pb4ou is still sad :(

BeetDigger
5/23/2006, 01:17 PM
I stopped watching the NBA when Larry Legend retired.

Sorry, but I just threw up a little bit. I have nothing against Bird, but every time I hear the phrase Larry Legend I tend to gag. Same thing happens when someone says Stevie Y.

slickdawg
5/23/2006, 01:22 PM
Sorry, but I just threw up a little bit. I have nothing against Bird, but every time I hear the phrase Larry Legend I tend to gag. Same thing happens when someone says Stevie Wonder.

What choo got against Stevie?

BeetDigger
5/23/2006, 01:25 PM
What choo got against Stevie?

Nothing. I just hate the phrase.

Stanley1
5/23/2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry, but I just threw up a little bit. I have nothing against Bird, but every time I hear the phrase Larry Legend I tend to gag. Same thing happens when someone says Stevie Y.

So?

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2006, 01:38 PM
So?

BURN!

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2006, 01:42 PM
Spurs new third jersey for next year:

http://www.bobanddan.net/images/spares.jpg

;)

slickdawg
5/23/2006, 02:20 PM