PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Tabon in trouble??

OUGreg723
5/22/2006, 07:11 PM
Rivals is reporting that Daniel Tabon got into some trouble with the law. Whats the story on this guys? I'm not a memeber of rivals..please help!:(

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/

emoinwinter
5/22/2006, 07:48 PM
Article is an interview with his coach, Lyn Hepner. Looks like Tabon can't showup for class. He would showup one day, and then not show up for two or three days. Hepner is saying there is "no way" that Tabon is going to graduate from Altus this semester. However, he did say that the possibility still exists that he can go to summer school and get enough credits to come to OU.

OUGreg723
5/22/2006, 07:54 PM
Oh, my fault with the law part. Thanks alot buddy. Man, I wish he would have just gotten his butt in class this semester..It's really not a hard thing to do..

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/22/2006, 08:34 PM
Hopefully he'll come around

Tiptonsooner
5/22/2006, 08:48 PM
That would be true, a friend of mine's son is in most of his classes. Says that he is absent more than present and won't complete work. Daniel has had a weedy row with his home life, but is no excuse.

usmc-sooner
5/22/2006, 08:50 PM
well according to reports he has dropped out of HS.

sounds like this guys is a idiot and a head case. I'd rather he not come to OU. But that is JMO

sooner94
5/22/2006, 09:05 PM
If he can't make it to class in high school, then there isn't much hope for him staying elgible at OU. Stoops has a limit on the number of classes a guy can miss.

Rhino
5/22/2006, 09:18 PM
Tabon is a sad example of how busted the Oklahoma Department of Human Services is.

Zbird
5/22/2006, 09:59 PM
Tabon is a sad example of how busted the Oklahoma Department of Human Services is.

????????????????

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/22/2006, 10:03 PM
????????????????

I believe he was referring to Tabon's home life being bad

jccouger
5/22/2006, 10:28 PM

But tabon isnt from oklahoma, is he?

jccouger
5/22/2006, 10:29 PM
Oh, I guess he is. My bad.

Ground_Attack
5/22/2006, 10:47 PM
what the hell does DHS have to do with him going to class. The kid is around 18 years old and should know that you have to actually graduate high school to play college football. I understand that your environment can have a big effect on you but at his age, if he doesn't understand what he is giving up, then he has no business on a college campus. just my opinion.

The Consumate Showman
5/23/2006, 01:03 AM
Daniel needs to suck it up and get the job done. OU has handed this kid a GOLDEN offer and if he is going to be one of these DHS kids that wants to point the finger at everyone else....forget him.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/23/2006, 08:53 AM
Daniel needs to suck it up and get the job done. OU has handed this kid a GOLDEN offer and if he is going to be one of these DHS kids that wants to point the finger at everyone else....forget him.

Word. If he doesn't get his act together he is well on his way to becoming an Aggie.

bluesmagoo
5/23/2006, 09:10 AM
Not that there's a lot to do in Altus. I wonder where he would go when he cuts class. Cement? Maybe the big town of Childress. What a maroon.

watasooner
5/23/2006, 09:17 AM
wasted opportunity, he'll live to regret this.

NormanPride
5/23/2006, 09:18 AM
Well, at least Patterson is on track to be here July 1st.

I feel bad for Tabon, though... Sometimes the pressure is just too much for these kids.

Rhino
5/23/2006, 10:58 AM
This is what, his...sixth foster home to live in (through no fault of his own)? Doesn't exactly 'foster' a good learning or disciplinary environment for a kid.

Some of you sure are giving up on this kid quickly.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/23/2006, 12:50 PM
This is what, his...sixth foster home to live in (through no fault of his own)? Doesn't exactly 'foster' a good learning or disciplinary environment for a kid.

No it certainly doesn't and my situation for I growing up was about 500% more fortunate.

That said, he has an opportunity that others in at least somewhat similar situations to take advantage of an opportunity and make a better life and he is apparently blowing it. There are a lot of people out there dying for that chance.

Some of the most successful people around come from a tough background including for one the greatest college football coach EVAR. Tabon might have started the race a few steps behind the field but that doesn't mean he shouldn't run.

Norm In Norman
5/23/2006, 01:08 PM

Well, in "some of you'"s defense, almost every bad kid/adult had some reason that they are that way. I mean, Otto Octavius was a good guy until radiation blew the controller chip for his robotic arms, but that still doesn't mean spider man shouldn't have tried to kill him so he would stop doing evil.

Yeah, I watched spiderman 2 this past weekend.

OUGreg723
5/23/2006, 02:22 PM
I wish him luck. I hope he can pull it together.

Mozart Loves Switzer
5/23/2006, 03:38 PM
I am not here to gloat for a kid being in trouble or not pulling his head out of his arse is not something to "crow" about. Saying this, I told you guys this about a month ago and I got railed out of town for spreading malicious rumors.

I am going to Altus this weekend and I can get the latest from his step parents. Darn, Daniel, you have some great talent!!