PDA

View Full Version : I guess this means no Hornets for OKC

jeremy885
5/22/2006, 04:11 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-all-stargame-neworleans&prov=ap&type=lgns

Can you have the all-star game in a city without a professional team?

GrapevineSooner
5/22/2006, 04:36 PM
I don't think OKC was ever in the NBA's long term interest in terms of the Hornets. George Shinn would probably tell you as much.

tulsaoilerfan
5/22/2006, 09:30 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-all-stargame-neworleans&prov=ap&type=lgns

well my cubs hosted the baseball version in 91, so i guess that would be a yes. :D

Scott D
5/22/2006, 09:51 PM
well my cubs hosted the baseball version in 91, so i guess that would be a yes. :D

there was a pro team in Chicago..on the other side of town :P

hurricane'bone
5/22/2006, 10:08 PM

Vegas in 2007

bri
5/22/2006, 10:45 PM
there was a pro team in Chicago..on the other side of town :P

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIE

Big Red Ron
5/23/2006, 12:26 AM
I don't think OKC was ever in the NBA's long term interest in terms of the Hornets. George Shinn would probably tell you as much.I honestly think you are mistaken on this. This is virtually a bone. I have pretty fair knowledge of events here through MidFirst execs that there is a better than 60/40 chance of them staying here.

Big Red Ron
5/23/2006, 12:30 AM
Stern's now leaving wiggle room compared to before too....

By Darnell Mayberry
The Oklahoman

In an interview with KOCO-5 on Sunday night, NBA commissioner David Stern reiterated the league's intention to return to New Orleans for the 2007-08 season.

"Right now, we are scheduled to return to New Orleans unless there are events that I can envision to tell us that we won't," Stern said. "That's up to New Orleans. There's a lease that George Shinn and the Hornets signed, I didn't sign it, that places that team in New Orleans until 2012. And it is our position that we are returning there."

Asked how much input Hornets owner George Shinn has in determining where the Hornets play after the 2006-07 season, Stern responded: "He will have a fair opportunity to present to the board, his partners, what it is that he thinks should happen. But the ultimate decision in these matters is always with the NBA Board of Governors."

yermom
5/23/2006, 01:04 AM
maybe it will be a consolation prize ;)

Scott D
5/23/2006, 01:00 PM
Stern's now leaving wiggle room compared to before too....

By Darnell Mayberry
The Oklahoman

In an interview with KOCO-5 on Sunday night, NBA commissioner David Stern reiterated the league's intention to return to New Orleans for the 2007-08 season.

"Right now, we are scheduled to return to New Orleans unless there are events that I can envision to tell us that we won't," Stern said. "That's up to New Orleans. There's a lease that George Shinn and the Hornets signed, I didn't sign it, that places that team in New Orleans until 2012. And it is our position that we are returning there."

Asked how much input Hornets owner George Shinn has in determining where the Hornets play after the 2006-07 season, Stern responded: "He will have a fair opportunity to present to the board, his partners, what it is that he thinks should happen. But the ultimate decision in these matters is always with the NBA Board of Governors."

To be fair, David Stern is also hinting to the Knicks owner to fire Isaiah Thomas and hire Kiki Vandeweigh among other thinks to turn the Knicks into a viable entity to make the league money again.

bri
5/23/2006, 06:49 PM
Good for him!

It's time Stern quit wasting time with that penny-ante "racist dress code" nonsense and went back to being Machiavellian.

Big Red Ron
5/23/2006, 08:17 PM
To be fair, David Stern is also hinting to the Knicks owner to fire Isaiah Thomas and hire Kiki Vandeweigh among other thinks to turn the Knicks into a viable entity to make the league money again.Compared to his "The Hornets are going bach, no matter what" comments during last season. There is a huge difference.

Scott D
5/23/2006, 08:26 PM
Compared to his "The Hornets are going bach, no matter what" comments during last season. There is a huge difference.

well to be fair, he also kinda had to have that stance last year. Otherwise he'd have had a Tom Benson situation on his hands all season.

Big Red Ron
5/23/2006, 08:37 PM
well to be fair, he also kinda had to have that stance last year. Otherwise he'd have had a Tom Benson situation on his hands all season.Which tells you???

Scott D
5/23/2006, 08:51 PM
Stern is more concerned with running an autocracy than Tagliabue ever was?

I think it's more likely that the Sonics end up in OKC than the Hornets.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/23/2006, 09:10 PM
I hate to get all Stat Boy on you, but the Cubs hosted it in '90. Ancient Julio Franco, then with the Rangers, got the MVP for driving in both runs in a 2-0 AL victory.
Another great trivia question from that game: Who was the National League's starting pitcher?