PDA

View Full Version : First in Top 10 to be upset?

tnobis60
5/22/2006, 03:36 PM
I know everyone here will say Texas loses to Ohio St., but to the nation, that will not be seen as an upset per se, since Ohio State will be favored to win. Therefore, which top 10 team will be upset?

Will it be?

USC by Nebraska? 9/16
Notre Dame by Georgia Tech? 9/2
OU by Oregon? 9/16
Ohio St. by Texas? 9/9
LSU by Auburn? 9/16
Florida by Tennessee? 9/16
Notre Dame by Michigan? 9/16
Notre Dame by Penn State? 9/9
West Virginia by Maryland? 9/14
Florida St by Miami? 9/4

PDXsooner
5/22/2006, 03:48 PM
good question... is auburn over LSU really an upset? that is more of a toss-up if you ask me. i think oregon will be a very tough game for OU...

caphorns
5/22/2006, 03:49 PM
It depends on the scheduling of the 9/16 games when Nebbish beats USC, Auburn beats LSU and Michigan beats the snot out of ND.

tnobis60
5/22/2006, 03:58 PM
my vote is Notre Dame by Georgia Tech. ballsy, i know, but it is at Georgia Tech, and since ND will be rated very high. Georgia Tech will be pumped for the game.

101sooner
5/22/2006, 04:31 PM
Mean Green over the 'Horns on Sep. 2nd.

Greg Davis and Colt. Together at last.

The Consumate Showman
5/22/2006, 04:33 PM
OU beats the quackers at AFLAC stadium.
Nebbish gets their husk drilled.
Les gets less and Tooberville beats him.
Florida beats Tenn and looks to be running high, but loses to the 'Noles at a critical time.
Maryland beats a boastful, young West Va team.
The Canes get the better of the 'Noles, but Miami loses to a 9-2 Va Tech.
toSu beats penn state but loses to Michigan in the rivalry.
ND gets the CRAP kicked out of them by Joe Pa and friends.
OU goes undefeated beating Nebbish's ARSE in the Big XII.
toSu slips by Mich State and Iowa; holds the number 2 spot in the BCS.
toSu holds the tie break with Penn State and OU plays toSu for the NC.

Buckeyes (losers, cheaters, whatever you want to call them) get sacked, literally, by a dominant OU front 4 and a Butkus award winner, then ran over by the heisman trophy winner, and OU wins #8 38-13.

ADs_Agent
5/22/2006, 04:37 PM
OU beats the quackers at AFLAC stadium.
Nebbish gets their husk drilled.
Les gets less and Tooberville beats him.
Florida beats Tenn and looks to be running high, but loses to the 'Noles at a critical time.
Maryland beats a boastful, young West Va team.
The Canes get the better of the 'Noles, but Miami loses to a 9-2 Va Tech.
toSu beats penn state but loses to Michigan in the rivalry.
ND gets the CRAP kicked out of them by Joe Pa and friends.
OU goes undefeated beating Nebbish's ARSE in the Big XII.
toSu slips by Mich State and Iowa; holds the number 2 spot in the BCS.
toSu holds the tie break with Penn State and OU plays toSu for the NC.

Buckeyes (losers, cheaters, whatever you want to call them) get sacked, literally, by a dominant OU front 4 and a Butkus award winner, then ran over by the heisman trophy winner, and OU wins #8 38-13.

I like the way you think, a little optimistic and ideal, but it's still cool

TheGodfather889
5/22/2006, 04:50 PM
I think USC beats Nebraska. Notre Dame beats Georgia Tech. OU beats Oregon. Ohio State beats Texas. Auburn beats LSU. Florida beats Tennessee. Notre Dame beats Michigan. Notre Dame beats Penn State. West Virginia beats Maryland. Miami beats Florida State.

melbitoast
5/22/2006, 04:58 PM
Nebbish over USC and GT over ND are the best bets.
USCs defense isn't great (yet) and Taylor has full control over the offense now. Nebbish could win a squeaker.
Calvin Johnson and Reggie Ball could shread a suspect ND secondary in high scoring shootout.

swardboy
5/22/2006, 05:06 PM
Not so fast my friend (ok, I'm sorry)....but Usuc must travel to Hogland on 9/2...Wooooo Pig, Soooey!

Socrefbek
5/22/2006, 05:41 PM

Outstanding pick 101 ... Outstanding !!!! :D

sooner94
5/22/2006, 06:38 PM
ND will lose one of those first 3 games. Their D is just not good enough. A lot of returning starters from last year, and all 4 of the DB's, but that is a bad thing (returning GOOD players is good).

Their DB's will get lit up again this year.

snp
5/22/2006, 06:56 PM
I see some of you started drinking at breakfast again.

I like it.

SoonerJedi
5/22/2006, 06:58 PM
I know everyone here will say Texas loses to Ohio St., but to the nation, that will not be seen as an upset per se, since Ohio State will be favored to win. Therefore, which top 10 team will be upset?

Will it be?

Sept 2 - Arkansas bites USC.

Here's why:

1: USC kicked Arkansas all over the field last time, so there is over-confidence going into this game. I say "over" because Arkansas was a much improved team at the end of last year. If USC thinks this will be as weak a team as they faced last year this is a likely possible loss.

2. Darren McFadden. Was a freshman last year who didn't gt the start until latter in the year (did not play in the USC game). Once he started playing he was SEC player of the Week several times. He is very much like Reggie Bush in what he can do.

3. This is the first good test for USC under a completely new backfield. This is the best time for someone to step up and bite them on the heals.

4. It is an away game for USC.

5. Arkansas matches USC for "established playmakers" (until the season progresses more) with Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Payton Hills, and Marcus Monk - all of which are NFL bound.

6. Though the opinion of USC's defense has gone down last year, it's still over-rated.

Why this might not happen?

1. Arkansas doesn't have the talent of USC.
2. Casey Dick isn't exactly a "veteran" QB playing only at the end of last year.
3. Ultimately USC is the better team (just vulnerable at this game).

The Consumate Showman
5/23/2006, 01:08 AM
Nebbish over USC and GT over ND are the best bets.
USCs defense isn't great (yet) and Taylor has full control over the offense now. Nebbish could win a squeaker.
Calvin Johnson and Reggie Ball could shread a suspect ND secondary in high scoring shootout.

Reggie Ball getting hot and beating a highly ranked team is about as likely as Okie Light winning a NC in, well........eternity...

Wouldn't say I wouldn't like to see it, but I've watched Reggie play many times....wayyyyyyyyyyy to inconsistent. ND won't be able to overcome their schedule. Penn State, Michigan, and USUCK will all present problems for charlie domer's D, or lack there of....

The Consumate Showman
5/23/2006, 01:10 AM
I like the way you think, a little optimistic and ideal, but it's still cool

I've found that optimism is a much better road than the other.

Your ADs Agent needs an apostrophe BTW...:)

Coloradosker
5/23/2006, 09:23 AM
Most of these wouldn't be upsets.

USC by Nebraska? 9/16
OU by Oregon? 9/16
Ohio St. by Texas? 9/9
LSU by Auburn? 9/16
Florida St by Miami? 9/4

Gotta say that OU/UO, tOSU/TX, LSU/AU, ND/PSU, and FSU/UM would not be upsets. Michigan over ND would be a mild one, but I gotta go with GT over ND or NU over USC. No way does Maryland beat WV or Tenn over Fla.

spaceman
5/23/2006, 03:19 PM
USC at Arkansas

Quack 10
5/23/2006, 05:54 PM
OU by Oregon? 9/16

I'm not making any predictions just yet, but there's a decent chance that Oregon could be favored in this game.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/23/2006, 09:15 PM

Will it be?

USC by Nebraska? 9/16
OU by Oregon? 9/16
Ohio St. by Texas? 9/9
LSU by Auburn? 9/16
Florida St by Miami? 9/4
I'll say either Auburn beats LSU and/or Tennessee beats Florida.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/23/2006, 09:18 PM
Sept 2 - Arkansas bites USC.

Here's why:

1: USC kicked Arkansas all over the field last time, so there is over-confidence going into this game. I say "over" because Arkansas was a much improved team at the end of last year. If USC thinks this will be as weak a team as they faced last year this is a likely possible loss.

2. Darren McFadden. Was a freshman last year who didn't gt the start until latter in the year (did not play in the USC game). Once he started playing he was SEC player of the Week several times. He is very much like Reggie Bush in what he can do.

3. This is the first good test for USC under a completely new backfield. This is the best time for someone to step up and bite them on the heals.

4. It is an away game for USC.

5. Arkansas matches USC for "established playmakers" (until the season progresses more) with Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Payton Hills, and Marcus Monk - all of which are NFL bound.

6. Though the opinion of USC's defense has gone down last year, it's still over-rated.

Why this might not happen?

1. Arkansas doesn't have the talent of USC.
2. Casey Dick isn't exactly a "veteran" QB playing only at the end of last year.
3. Ultimately USC is the better team (just vulnerable at this game).
You forgot to add a fourth reason that Arkansas won't beat USC:
4. The first game of new offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, fresh out of Springdale High School. It won't be like whipping up on the likes of Van Buren and Rogers anymore, Gus.

SoonerJedi
5/24/2006, 12:20 AM
You forgot to add a fourth reason that Arkansas won't beat USC:
4. The first game of new offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn, fresh out of Springdale High School. It won't be like whipping up on the likes of Van Buren and Rogers anymore, Gus.

They still have the offensive coordinator from last year. :)

Seriously, I think beating seven nationally ranked teams in four years deserves a look at your program.

tru2ou
5/24/2006, 08:50 AM
I'm not making any predictions just yet, but there's a decent chance that Oregon could be favored in this game.

I'll take Oklahoma and any points you will give me right now. If you feel that Oregon will be favored, just give me the points and we'll make a little wager.

- Tru

Quack 10
5/24/2006, 12:31 PM
I'll take Oklahoma and any points you will give me right now. If you feel that Oregon will be favored, just give me the points and we'll make a little wager.

- Tru

I believe I left my "feelings" out of the statement. I was simply referring to a statistical possibility that would remove the "upset" label from an Oregon victory.

Luthor
5/24/2006, 12:42 PM
Every team on your list loses at least 1 game. USuC and domer loose 2. By Christmas everyone will want to see the BCS's *** on a skewer because there will be 5 teams with 1 loss each and not enough room for everyone at the big dance.

TJKDone
5/24/2006, 08:48 PM

Bet you it won't be as close as UAB and OU.

Hook'em