PDA

View Full Version : this guy filling in for Traber today

oumartin
5/22/2006, 02:35 PM
spinoze(sp) or whatever sounds alot like jack arute to me. he's actualy decent to listent too. maybe he can be a full time replacement

OUDoc
5/22/2006, 02:40 PM
That's Ron from BOB-FM. Was Spinozi on KRXO years ago. Apparently, he has to be Spinozi on WWLS for some reason.

oumartin
5/22/2006, 02:46 PM
he's a quick talker and doesn't appear to have the big ego of traber, maybe he does but being the first time ive heard him i think he seems good.

OUDoc
5/22/2006, 02:54 PM
he's a quick talker and doesn't appear to have the big ego of traber, maybe he does but being the first time ive heard him i think he seems good.
He is good. He is/was a sideline guy during the OU games. His comedy schtick gets a little old sometimes, but he's decent.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/22/2006, 02:55 PM
seems kickoff times has his panties in a wad

OUDoc
5/22/2006, 03:28 PM
seems kickoff times has his panties in a wad
I do too. ;)

101sooner
5/22/2006, 04:16 PM
He'd wear you smooth in a couple of weeks.

oumartin
5/22/2006, 04:35 PM
thats 2 weeks longer than Rodgers

ADs_Agent
5/22/2006, 04:38 PM
I think the guys funny, it's a better decision than Dennis Miller as your color man

picasso
5/22/2006, 04:44 PM
his Sooner glasses are a little too red at times. and, it just takes a little to set him off. especially from an oSu caller.
I heard a dude call and rag him a year or so back. Spinozio went a little crazy.

King Crimson
5/22/2006, 04:48 PM
picasso=aggie.

;)

oumartin
5/22/2006, 04:53 PM
no, i think you are right. all that paint sniffing has finally taken its toll on picasso

picasso
5/22/2006, 05:03 PM
sniff this. :)

and I could call Spinozio and have him freaking out in a 5 minutes Jerry.

oumartin
5/22/2006, 05:17 PM
smells like tuna!
:D

NobleSooner
5/22/2006, 08:19 PM
Spinozzi was Mark Shannon's side kick on the old KRXO.

Their show got cancelled not too long after the OKC bombing as it didn't seem so funny to anybody any more.

Tiptonsooner
5/22/2006, 08:51 PM
I used to love their show on KRXO, but Shannon crossed the line one too may times.

oumartin
5/22/2006, 09:07 PM
yeah, the Texas aggie bon fire did him in at the sports animal.

KaiserSooner
5/22/2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah, seems like Mark Shannon has always had issues.

Since when did Benton become a sideline guy for OU radio broadcasts? Is Mark Rodgers not doing it anymore?

Norm In Norman
5/23/2006, 08:09 AM
Mark Shannon is an idiot. That show was good and he ruined it. Some of the racial stuff he said to people sometimes made me embarrassed for humanity. I never will forget the time Shannon went off about how crappy people are and Spinozi basically told him to go **** off. They argued for about an hour with no commercials. Their show went off the air not to long after that.

And i'd prefer to hear Spinozi spazzing out on OSU fans rather than Traber doing the same. Spinozi does it because he's a sooner and Traber does it to get ratings.

the_ouskull
5/23/2006, 10:55 AM
I'd like to preface this by saying that I NEVER listen to the Sports Urinal anymore... or at least not until 7pm, when the National broadcasts start. Yesterday afternoon, I was channel surfing and heard someone on the Urinal that wasn't Traber, so I stopped to listen. What I heard amazed me. I heard a caller call in, absolutely berate the host, and NOT get hung up on and then ragged when he couldn't defend himself. I heard a caller rag the host, and then the host did the most amazing thing... he started counterpoints. He never used the phrase, "freaking moron." Then something even more odd happened... by the end of the call, they'd come to an agreement.

...and we got to hear both sides the whole time. The host never hung up on the caller, and he never started just talking louder, and louder, eventually graduating into yelling with no discernible point. He had a conversation with someone who disagreed with him. ...and in doing so, made good radio happen.

I had to check and make sure what station I was listening to about a dozen times... I'd never heard any of that happen on that station before... ever. Especially during THAT time slot.

the_ouskull

oumartin
5/23/2006, 11:57 AM
they might be able to actually quit filling in the air time with commercials if they had enuff callers left that would put up with that crap. or better yet. get better hosts and get new callers and maybe some old callers would return.
love your points skull