PDA

View Full Version : James to Texas

KyleUT
5/22/2006, 12:18 PM
being reported by Orangebloods. Sorry, Aggies...all the reports from the weekend were just flat out wrong.

King Crimson
5/22/2006, 12:34 PM
go over to Texags if you want to run the Ags. you've already posted this twice here.

birddog
5/22/2006, 05:12 PM
ymssra.......kyleut again.

colleyvillesooner
5/22/2006, 05:18 PM
ymssra.......kyleut again.

That better mean you were trying to neg him.

birddog
5/22/2006, 05:23 PM
indeed.

SoonerShark
5/22/2006, 08:10 PM
James must be a chickenfeces little punk after all. He is a lying b**ch.

SoonerShark
5/22/2006, 08:13 PM
Do you think he went to Texas because they will admit anybody without the player actually being able to qualify ala Vince Young?

boomersooner28
5/22/2006, 09:51 PM
Did we give James a full release? Does he not have to sit out a year for signing in conference? If we granted the full release, we are retarded.

SoonerShark
5/22/2006, 10:41 PM
I just heard an interview with James on channel five. If he can make his grades to get into UT, somebody else is performing the class work. Like Vince Young, grammar is his enemy. It would be an embarrassment to have had him speaking on television in our uniform. Too bad he has a 5 cent head on a million dollar body.

AustinTXHorn
5/22/2006, 10:42 PM
Did we give James a full release? Does he not have to sit out a year for signing in conference? If we granted the full release, we are retarded.
Yes and I agree. I really didn't understand why OU would do that. Maybe there's a reason that I can't think of, but nothing that comes to mind.

Big Red Ron
5/22/2006, 11:14 PM
Yes and I agree. I really didn't understand why OU would do that. Maybe there's a reason that I can't think of, but nothing that comes to mind.How about being stand-up guys about a crappy situation. Wierd, eh?

AustinTXHorn
5/22/2006, 11:20 PM
How about being stand-up guys about a crappy situation. Wierd, eh?
So you're saying it would be ****ty to not release him to a Big 12 school?

I'm not seeing it. If the release is even given, the player should be grateful that they got any kind of release. It's pretty standard to not give a release to an in-conference school.

Big Red Ron
5/22/2006, 11:22 PM
So you're saying it would be ****ty to not release him to a Big 12 school to anywhere else?

I'm not seeing it. If the release is even given, the player should be grateful that they got any kind of release. It's pretty standard to not give a release to an in-conference school.Actually, there isn't anyway to restrict a release without being a total a-hole about it. You either release or you do not release. If they had enrolled, a whole differnt ballgame.

footballfanatic
5/23/2006, 08:27 AM
I just heard an interview with James on channel five. If he can make his grades to get into UT, somebody else is performing the class work. Like Vince Young, grammar is his enemy. It would be an embarrassment to have had him speaking on television in our uniform. Too bad he has a 5 cent head on a million dollar body.

Picking on one player skews over the fact that EVERY division one school has ringers who don't really belong in school. I used to live in NYC and go to Columbia games. Even the Ivy League schools do the same thing.

You can't be too hard on James--he was coming to the school because of the coach--why should he invest his chances at making the NBA in a new coach he has no knowledge of? Anyway, he's already stating that he's only staying until an opportunity to go pro comes up.

colleyvillesooner
5/23/2006, 09:07 AM
Article from Newsok.com:
http://newsok.com/print.php?article=1850992

Ex-Sooner recruit commits to Texas

By Justin Harper
The Oklahoman

As it turns out, Oklahoma basketball fans will get to see prep star Damion James play quite frequently in the next four years. But definitely not in the way they had hoped.
James, who signed with Oklahoma and former coach Kelvin Sampson in November, committed to Texas on Monday.

James is one of three players who were released from their letter of intent with OU after Sampson left to take the Indiana job. Jeremy Mayfield and Scottie Reynolds were the others. Mayfield has signed with Alabama-Birmingham.

From Nacogdoches, Texas, James was widely considered the nation’s top uncommitted recruit. His coach, Mark Richardson, released the news that James would accept a scholarship from Texas.

The 6-8 forward, who was ranked 17th overall nationally, was considering Texas and Texas A&M after electing to get his release from OU.

With James, Reynolds, Mayfield, Tony Crocker and Keith Clark, OU had a signing class that was ranked fourth nationally before it began to unravel.

Texas coach Rick Barnes, whose signing class also was ranked in the top 10, may have the top class overall now that he has landed James.

Reynolds has still not selected a school, while Clark and Crocker will honor their letters of intent to play at OU.