PDA

View Full Version : Login Incorrect

Osce0la
5/22/2006, 09:51 AM
I talked to this woman this weekend who had a son named Logan...Only it isn't spelled LogAN, it is spelled LogIN...I just don't understand people doing stuff like this...

and this coming from someone who named his son Ellijah instead of just Elijah :rolleyes:

slickdawg
5/22/2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah, but what kind of parents name their kid Osec0la?

;)

Osce0la
5/22/2006, 10:02 AM
Yeah, but what kind of parents name their kid Osec0la?

;)
Is that made by Pepsi or Coca-Cola? :confused:

I bet it's only sold in Tallahassee :mad:

Cack
5/22/2006, 10:42 AM
i've never understood why parents name their kids Timothy and call them Tim ... or Samantha and call them Sam ... etc etc ... why don't they just name them what they plan on calling them ... it'd save a lot of time and confusion

Czar Soonerov
5/22/2006, 10:44 AM
or **** and call them Cack...

Osce0la
5/22/2006, 10:47 AM
i've never understood why parents name their kids Timothy and call them Tim ... or Samantha and call them Sam ... etc etc ... why don't they just name them what they plan on calling them ... it'd save a lot of time and confusion
Shortening a name makes sense...My son's middle name is Stephen (we named him after my uncle that died while my wife was pregnant - he made our wedding cake for us and was waiting to find out what we were having so he could build our baby a crib and shelves and stuff for his room. If we didn't call him by his first name we would be calling him Steve instead of Stephen.

OCUDad
5/22/2006, 10:53 AM
i've never understood anything
Fixed.

Osce0la
5/22/2006, 10:56 AM
heh

LilSooner
5/22/2006, 11:00 AM
At least people don't ask you if your mother was on crack when she named you. Even though I have a weird *** name I like it because I am the only person with a name like mine that I have met.

Mjcpr
5/22/2006, 11:10 AM
At least people don't ask you if your mother was on crack when she named you. Even though I have a weird *** name I like it because I am the only person with a name like mine that I have met.

Mulva?

hurricane'bone
5/22/2006, 11:15 AM

Because I made the choice to shorten my name, not my parents.

LilSooner
5/22/2006, 11:21 AM
Mulva?

Worse Tiya like Tie a yellow ribbon.

I get teeya all the time and it ****es my **** off.

Mjcpr
5/22/2006, 11:24 AM
Worse Tiya like Tie a yellow ribbon.

I get teeya all the time and it ****es my **** off.

Oh dang, I woulda said "Teeya" if asked to pronounce it. :O

There's nothing wrong with it.........it's unique, obviously.

LilSooner
5/22/2006, 11:30 AM
What's worse is that I'm named after a damn dog.

Moral of the story don't give your children weird *** names that you gave your dog.

OCUDad
5/22/2006, 11:31 AM
Because I made the choice to shorten my name, not my parents.
Why would you want to shorten your parents?

OUinFLA
5/22/2006, 11:37 AM
my wife just calls me ****head.
I keep telling her that is not my name.
but I answer to it anyway.

Rhino
5/22/2006, 11:42 AM

Moral of the story don't give your children weird *** names that you gave your dog. Smokey Bones!

Osce0la
5/22/2006, 11:46 AM
my wife just calls me ****head.
I keep telling her that is not my name.
but I answer to it anyway.
She could just shorten it to **** :D

Partial Qualifier
5/22/2006, 11:49 AM
Dude, they named him Login? LOL

LilSooner
5/22/2006, 12:25 PM
Smokey Bones!

How many times do I have to tell you slappy that I'm not naming any child of mine smokey bones!

I know Sully is skinny, but you don't have to make fun of him.:mad:

Pricetag
5/22/2006, 12:41 PM
The dog? You are named after the dog?

LilSooner
5/22/2006, 12:45 PM
Yes after my grandmother's dog in fact. I was told for 21 year that it meant something in Cherokee cause I'm an 1/8th. Well I guess they never thought that I would ever take Creek in college so I asked the Cherokee teacher what my name meant and he said nothing. When I told my mom she was full of crap she finally told the truth.

Rhino
5/22/2006, 12:47 PM
I know Sully is skinny, but you don't have to make fun of him.:mad: I think you just misspelled your own dog's name.

Cack
5/22/2006, 12:48 PM
my name is Charles Brandon ... i go by Brandon ... so in EVERY SINGLE class i ever have i get the ... Charles ... and i'm like no it's Brandon ... for the longest time i didn't understand why my parents didn't just call me Brandon Charles ... but my dads name is Charles Wayne (goes by Wayne) ... and his dad's name was Chales also ... so guess what ... my son is getting the WONDERFUL name Charles ... i had to listen to all the ... chucks ... chuckie ... prince charles ... charlie etc etc ... so my son will too

LilSooner
5/22/2006, 12:50 PM
I think you just misspelled your own dog's name.

No I did not! It's Sully not Sulli. It's always been Sully.

slickdawg
5/22/2006, 12:51 PM
my name is Charles Brandon ... i go by Brandon ... so in EVERY SINGLE class i ever have i get the ... Charles ... and i'm like no it's Brandon ... for the longest time i didn't understand why my parents didn't just call me Brandon Charles ... but my dads name is Charles Wayne (goes by Wayne) ... and his dad's name was Chales also ... so guess what ... my son is getting the WONDERFUL name Charles ... i had to listen to all the ... chucks ... chuckie ... prince charles ... charlie etc etc ... so my son will too

C for Charles

C for :chicken:

at least your baseball team made it to the SEC torunament.

mine succs

Rhino
5/22/2006, 12:53 PM
No I did not! It's Sully not Sulli. It's always been Sully. Then his tag is misspelled.

Pricetag
5/22/2006, 12:54 PM
my name is Charles Brandon ... i go by Brandon ... so in EVERY SINGLE class i ever have i get the ... Charles ... and i'm like no it's Brandon ... for the longest time i didn't understand why my parents didn't just call me Brandon Charles ...
Same here. My parents never intended to call me by my first name.

Not only that, but unless you speak or have taken some German, chances are you won't be able to pronounce my middle name by reading it. I always knew when my name had come up in the roll on the first day of class when the teacher paused and a quizzical look came over his/her face. Only Mr. Hand, my eighth grade computer teacher, got it right on the first try.

slickdawg
5/22/2006, 12:59 PM
How many male names can not be shortened?

James = Jim, Jimmy, etc
Steven = Steve
David = Dave
Johnathon = John
Lester = :les:
Phillip = Phil
Timothy = Tim
Thomas = Tom

:dean: and Paul are all I can think of, of the top of my head.

Osce0la
5/22/2006, 01:03 PM
Same here. My parents never intended to call me by my first name.

Not only that, but unless you speak or have taken some German, chances are you won't be able to pronounce my middle name by reading it. I always knew when my name had come up in the roll on the first day of class when the teacher paused and a quizzical look came over his/her face. Only Mr. Hand, my eighth grade computer teacher, got it right on the first try.
We had a Vietnamese kid in my class...His name was Thinh Nguyen. It was always fun when teachers got to his name. It is pronounced Tin(or Ten) Wynn.

Cack
5/22/2006, 01:05 PM
C for Charles

C for :chicken:

at least your baseball team made it to the SEC torunament.

mine succs

UGA didn't make the tourney ... ya'll had like a 10 game winning streak ... or are you not talkin about uga ... i ASSUMED that's what the dawg is for??

Cack
5/22/2006, 01:06 PM
We had a Vietnamese kid in my class...His name was Thinh Nguyen. It was always fun when teachers got to his name. It is pronounced Tin(or Ten) Wynn.

there was a guy that played for the Cowboys ... Nate Nguyen ... so i at least got the last night right when i was reading that

Pricetag
5/22/2006, 01:08 PM
there was a guy that played for the Cowboys ... Nate Nguyen ... so i at least got the last night right when i was reading that
His first name is "Dat." We got quite enough of him when he played at A&M, thank you very much.

Cack
5/22/2006, 01:11 PM
His first name is "Dat." We got quite enough of him when he played at A&M, thank you very much.

THAT'S RIGHT ... i knew it was close to that ... wow i have failed my Cowboys ... never knew where he played college ... but he was a MONSTER

Scott D
5/22/2006, 01:27 PM

Moral of the story don't give your children weird *** names that you gave your dog.

Sallah: Please, what does it always mean, this... this "Junior"?
Professor Henry Jones: That's his name.
[points to himself]
Professor Henry Jones: Henry Jones...
[points to Indy]
Professor Henry Jones: ... Junior.
Indiana Jones: I like "Indiana."
Professor Henry Jones: We named the *dog* Indiana.
Marcus Brody: May we go home now, please?
Sallah: The dog? You are named after the dog?
Indiana Jones: I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog.

:D

OUinFLA
5/22/2006, 01:50 PM
UGA didn't make the tourney ... ya'll had like a 10 game winning streak ... or are you not talkin about uga ... i ASSUMED that's what the dawg is for??

there are dogs outside of georgia.
:D
took me a while too.