PDA

View Full Version : Why do my threads...

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:15 PM
Always get thread jacked?

By me?

:O

OUinFLA
5/21/2006, 10:16 PM
Did anyone else watch Desperate Housewives tonight?

TUSooner
5/21/2006, 10:17 PM
I fried up some very tasty chicken wings for supper tonight. mmmmmmm

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:18 PM
Had beer in teh but chicken and corn tonight. Nummins

OCUDad
5/21/2006, 10:19 PM
Not if it rains.

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks, guys. Knew you wouldnt let me down.

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:21 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a Boomer Schooner(TM) ringtone?

TIA

Tailwind
5/21/2006, 10:25 PM
Concentration and an active mind grasshoppah.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks, guys. Knew you wouldnt let me down.

I've sat here all day waiting for you to come over and cook, clean, and play drums. Ugh, I'm going to start docking you on pay! ;-)

So are you from Texas or are you originally from Oklahoma? I ask because I'm curious what made you a Sooner fan? If you're from Texas shouldn't you be a whorn?

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:35 PM
SicemMelo or Meloembaylor?

BajaOklahoma
5/21/2006, 10:35 PM
We got a cat today.
I am a dog person. Sitting here with the cat sleeping on my shoulder.
Two months old, under 5 lbs at this point.
We shall see it goes with the intorduction to the dogs. They are on the other side of the baby gate, wondering what the heck is going on.

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:37 PM
I've sat here all day waiting for you to come over and cook, clean, and play drums. Ugh, I'm going to start docking you on pay! ;-)

So are you from Texas or are you originally from Oklahoma? I ask because I'm curious what made you a Sooner fan? If you're from Texas shouldn't you be a whorn?

Born and raised in Texas. Honestly, I am a sooner fan because I fell in love with the band. The rest of it just came a bit later.

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:37 PM
We got a cat today.
I am a dog person. Sitting here with the cat sleeping on my shoulder.
Two months old, under 5 lbs at this point.
We shall see it goes with the intorduction to the dogs. They are on the other side of the baby gate, wondering what the heck is going on.

Mmmm... Kitty stew. ;)

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:39 PM
Born and raised in Texas. Honestly, I am a sooner fan because I fell in love with the band. The rest of it just came a bit later.

Would you like to buy a giant poster of them making the OJ?

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 10:39 PM

Awesome. Those head dragging hillbilly drum majors are the schizz nit. Is OU the only band in the country that does the head dragging thing?

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:40 PM
I dont have any money. SicEm has all my future money. Please direct further questions to him. TIA.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 10:41 PM
Melo well be well taken care of. :D

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:41 PM
Awesome. Those head dragging hillbilly drum majors are the schizz nit. Is OU the only band in the country that does the head dragging thing?

Heh... the big ten strut is common, right? I wouldnt know, I never had to do it. The DM from UofH does it. I always wanted to learn how.

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:42 PM
Melo well be well taken care of. :D

Of course. It's what I get for cleaning, cooking, and making someone look cool.

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:45 PM
Yes, other bands doit.

Melo...its really not that hard....You've basically got to just lower your body a little bend backwards and drag your feet a little bit.

I used to have pictures of us trying to do the strut drunk, but I can't find them.

As an aside, here's a picture I did as a project in a photoshop class I was in.

http://photos-n-05.facebook.com/n22/61/65/26404016/n26404016_30169853_1279.jpg

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 10:48 PM
Yes, other bands doit.

Melo...its really not that hard....You've basically got to just lower your body a little bend backwards and drag your feet a little bit.

I used to have pictures of us trying to do the strut drunk, but I can't find them.

As an aside, here's a picture I did as a project in a photoshop class I was in.

http://photos-n-05.facebook.com/n22/61/65/26404016/n26404016_30169853_1279.jpg

The question though is Melo limber enough for that? If she is I'll let you all know. :D

KIDDING KIDDING. I'm in a great mood tonight. Bought myself a case of Zima and I'm partying!

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:49 PM
Yes, other bands doit.

It CANT be that simple. There has to be more to it.

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:50 PM
The question though is Melo limber enough for that? If she is I'll let you all know. :D

KIDDING KIDDING. I'm in a great mood tonight. Bought myself a case of Zima and I'm partying!

The answer is yes, and man up and buy better beer. ;)

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:50 PM
Just keeping your balance.

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:52 PM
Just keeping your balance.

Isnt there some leaping action going on somewhere in there?

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:52 PM
http://photos-n-05.facebook.com/n22/61/65/26404016/n26404016_30169760_6864.jpg

This dude had a funny name.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 10:53 PM
The answer is yes, and man up and buy better beer. ;)
Fine fine, bring something better when you come over. You can taking beer breaks which should make your drumming that much more entertaining.

What beer would you suggest? Do you like Rolling Rock?

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:53 PM
Isnt there some leaping action going on somewhere in there?

Ummm....no.

49r
5/21/2006, 10:55 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!!

Who is the jackass that *stopped* jacking this thread? :norm:

:les: GET BACK TO JACKING, I SAY!!!

49r
5/21/2006, 10:56 PM
Wow, I think I may have sprained something.

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:56 PM
Ummm....no.

OK...so I take this back a little.

You dont' really leap, but during the part at teh beggining, during the drum cadence, you just kinda do a high kick in the air...but you aren't leaping.

http://photos-n-05.facebook.com/n22/61/65/26404016/n26404016_30169489_1317.jpg

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:58 PM
Ummm....no.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/mellybelly/PA010001_JPG.jpg
LEAP!!!

Melo
5/21/2006, 10:59 PM
OK...so I take this back a little.

You dont' really leap, but during the part at teh beggining, during the drum cadence, you just kinda do a high kick in the air...but you aren't leaping.

http://photos-n-05.facebook.com/n22/61/65/26404016/n26404016_30169489_1317.jpg

Oh, that makes sense...

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 10:59 PM
Thats mid kick....thats not leaping.

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:01 PM
Fine fine, bring something better when you come over. You can taking beer breaks which should make your drumming that much more entertaining.

What beer would you suggest? Do you like Rolling Rock?

beer breaks does not make drumming sound any better, but yes, it is more entertaining. but then again, you dont need much to make drumming entertaining.

As for alcoholic prefrences, I must say, I am underage, so technically, I would not know much about it. :)

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 11:01 PM
http://photos-n-05.facebook.com/n22/61/65/26404016/n26404016_30169760_6864.jpg

This dude had a funny name.

WHO NAMES THEIR KID BONGO WANGA!

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:02 PM
Thats mid kick....thats not leaping.

His feet are off the ground, though, which could lead one to believe that he is leaping.

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 11:04 PM
His feet are off the ground, though, which could lead one to believe that he is leaping.

I'll concede that.

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:07 PM
I'll concede that.

Ok, so there is the intital step/leap/kick deal, then the rest is the feet dragging, yadda yadda?

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 11:11 PM
Yes.

And power walk arm waving.

Its hard to do over a long distance, I remember toward teh end of my drum corps summer I was able to do it for about 60-70 yards before I just couldn't take it anymore.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 11:13 PM
So let's get back to teh subject at hand. Melo and I. :D

So you're underage eha? That could be trouble. Do I have to pay employee taxes on someone underage? Also, you know as much about beer as I do if you're drinking Zima. But I can SOOO open you up to the world of vodka and cigars. You like a good stogie?

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:14 PM
Yes.

And power walk arm waving.

Its hard to do over a long distance, I remember toward teh end of my drum corps summer I was able to do it for about 60-70 yards before I just couldn't take it anymore.

Hmmm... it could be done.

Which corps did you march?

So not only was the thread jacked, but it was nerded up, too. :O

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:16 PM
So let's get back to teh subject at hand. Melo and I. :D

So you're underage eha? That could be trouble. Do I have to pay employee taxes on someone underage? Also, you know as much about beer as I do if you're drinking Zima. But I can SOOO open you up to the world of vodka and cigars. You like a good stogie?

This can be one of those 'under the table' type payments. It doesnt have to be official, so long as I get the $$.

And second, who said I was drinking Zima? Certainly not me.

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 11:18 PM
I marched Pioneer in '03, one of the old melo section leaders was on vis staff and he came up to me mid-may and asked me if I wanted to march.

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:20 PM
I marched Pioneer in '03, one of the old melo section leaders was on vis staff and he came up to me mid-may and asked me if I wanted to march.

Thats cool. I'd give my right arm to be able to march in a corps.

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 11:22 PM
It was good times.

Hard times...but good times.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 11:23 PM
This can be one of those 'under the table' type payments. It doesnt have to be official, so long as I get the $$.

And second, who said I was drinking Zima? Certainly not me.

err yes that's a typo. I meant you know as much about beer as I do if I'mdrinking zima. Sorry for the mix up; don't be offended. :D

Anywhoo, will this be a live in position? I've only got one bedroom but its a decent size. I don't snore.

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:26 PM
err yes that's a typo. I meant you know as much about beer as I do if I'mdrinking zima. Sorry for the mix up; don't be offended. :D

Anywhoo, will this be a live in position? I've only got one bedroom but its a decent size. I don't snore.

Hmmm... just for reference... how much $$ are we talking now? Because I am giving a lot of time and effort into this.

And I wasnt really offended by the accusation of me drinking, as it should be better known, b**** beer. Really. It takes more to offend me.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 11:29 PM
Hmmm... just for reference... how much $$ are we talking now? Because I am giving a lot of time and effort into this.

And I wasnt really offended by the accusation of me drinking, as it should be better known, b**** beer. Really. It takes more to offend me.

The price is negotiable. However, I think once you meet me money won't even be an issue as my charm is intoxicating and you'll consider it a PLEASURE to drum, cook, and clean for me. :D

(kidding kidding)

hurricane'bone
5/21/2006, 11:30 PM
G'night MeloemBaylor/SicemMelo

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 11:31 PM
Night!

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:32 PM
The price is negotiable. However, I think once you meet me money won't even be an issue as my charm is intoxicating and you'll consider it a PLEASURE to drum, cook, and clean for me. :D

(kidding kidding)

So then we're going to have a problem.

My charming personality and sparkling good looks against your intoxicating charm.... Interesting...

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:33 PM

Personally I like SicemMelo better.

Night! Thanks for giving me some ideas on the strut.

OCUDad
5/21/2006, 11:34 PM
Will somebody PLEASE jack this thread?

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:36 PM
Will somebody PLEASE jack this thread?

Its been jacked so many times already. And I rather like where its at now. :D

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 11:46 PM
Its been jacked so many times already. And I rather like where its at now. :D
Yeah things are just beginning to roll now!

So Melo, yes it definitely does sound like trouble. ;-). Sure I can pay you or you could just move to Baylor and leech off me. Though from earlier statements I think you like to be independent. :D

Besides, if you're walking behind me then that's enough to make me look cool without having to play the drums. hehehehe (see that's my SicEm charm). :D

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah things are just beginning to roll now!

So Melo, yes it definitely does sound like trouble. ;-). Sure I can pay you or you could just move to Baylor and leech off me. Though from earlier statements I think you like to be independent. :D

Besides, if you're walking behind me then that's enough to make me look cool without having to play the drums. hehehehe (see that's my SicEm charm). :D

Psh. Me just posting in the same thread that you have already posted in makes you look cool. ;)

I dont HAVE to be independent. When you are forced to be, you learn how to do it successfully.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2006, 11:50 PM
Psh. Me just posting in the same thread that you have already posted in makes you look cool. ;)

I dont HAVE to be independent. When you are forced to be, you learn how to do it successfully.

Then presumably you can learn how to be pampered and taken care of. I think you'd enjoy that much more!

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:51 PM
Then presumably you can learn how to be pampered and taken care of. I think you'd enjoy that much more!

Ooh, youre right. I'm liking the charm.

OCUDad
5/21/2006, 11:52 PM
Get. A. Room.

Melo
5/21/2006, 11:53 PM
Get. A. Room.

But why? Its so much more fun to make everyone else sufer through this...

OCUDad
5/21/2006, 11:59 PM
My child, do you not realize you cannot trust a lawyer or lawyer-to-be? Your poor young innocent self is being seduced on-line by a smooth-talking shark.

soonerboomer93
5/21/2006, 11:59 PM
I put on my robe and wizard hat....

SicEmBaylor
5/22/2006, 12:00 AM
Ooh, youre right. I'm liking the charm.

There are times when you meet a woman and you instinctively know that she's someone special and a special woman like that DESERVES special attention and special needs. Such women of course are rare but of course if they weren't then would they truly be special? Of course not, that's when one comes along you have to be smart enough to embrace her as the blessing that she is and not blow it by treating her as any other common lady.

:D :D :D :D :D

Melo
My child, do you not realize you cannot trust a lawyer or lawyer-to-be? Your poor young innocent self is being seduced on-line by a smooth-talking shark.

Buahahaa... so he thinks. I'm just in it for the $$.

Melo
Buahahaa... so he thinks. I'm just in it for the $$.

I forgot the ;)

SicEmBaylor
5/22/2006, 12:01 AM
:sigh: Worse than that..I'm a politican.

Melo
5/22/2006, 12:01 AM
There are times when you meet a woman and you instinctively know that she's someone special and a special woman like that DESERVES special attention and special needs. Such women of course are rare but of course if they weren't then would they truly be special? Of course not, that's when one comes along you have to be smart enough to embrace her as the blessing that she is and not blow it by treating her as any other common lady.

:D :D :D :D :D

You REALLY want someone to cook for you, huh. Lol.

OCUDad
5/22/2006, 12:03 AM
Maybe you're better off with the guy who just put on his robe. :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
5/22/2006, 12:09 AM
You REALLY want someone to cook for you, huh. Lol.
Cook? Oh yes! cook...

Well, yes I do actually. Man, I basically live off of Long John Silvers. What I wouldn't GIVE for a good homecooked meal (actually I'm getting them now that I'm home but when I'm in Texas..ugh). I'd have to sample your cooking, but I'm sure it's excellent because I have faith in all your skillz.

I have a genuine appreciation for women and all of their talents, and I like to show my sincere appreciation and gratitude (which is never really equal to what is deserved) in whatever way that I can.

OCUDad
5/22/2006, 12:12 AM
Oh geez. Melo, make sure he signs a pre-nup.

Melo
5/22/2006, 12:13 AM
Cook? Oh yes! cook...

Well, yes I do actually. Man, I basically live off of Long John Silvers. What I wouldn't GIVE for a good homecooked meal (actually I'm getting them now that I'm home but when I'm in Texas..ugh). I'd have to sample your cooking, but I'm sure it's excellent because I have faith in all your skillz.

I have a genuine appreciation for women and all of their talents, and I like to show my sincere appreciation and gratitude (which is never really equal to what is deserved) in whatever way that I can.

I dont cook when I am home, either. But at school, my roomate and I dont eat unless I cook.

Melo
5/22/2006, 12:13 AM
Oh geez. Melo, make sure he signs a pre-nup.

:O I dont know what that is...

SicEmBaylor
5/22/2006, 12:21 AM
I dont cook when I am home, either. But at school, my roomate and I dont eat unless I cook.

See, now I'm feeling guilty for MAKING you cook. How about you cook whenever you feel like doing so and when it makes YOU happy and the rest of the time you can make me happy by simply gracing me with your presence.

OCUDad
5/22/2006, 12:22 AM
Cue the music from "Jaws"...

Melo
5/22/2006, 12:26 AM
See, now I'm feeling guilty for MAKING you cook. How about you cook whenever you feel like doing so and when it makes YOU happy and the rest of the time you can make me happy by simply gracing me with your presence.

Usually I have to force people to let me 'grace' them with my presence.

SicEmBaylor
5/22/2006, 12:27 AM
Usually I have to force people to let me 'grace' them with my presence.

Well that's just crap then. Some people don't know what's good for them; others don't know how to appreciate the finer things in life; and others just suck. Fortunately, I'm none of those and I'm quite certain that your presence would be most welcome.

(this thread so deserves at least 2 more stars)

Melo
5/22/2006, 12:31 AM
Well that's just crap then. Some people don't know what's good for them; others don't know how to appreciate the finer things in life; and others just suck. Fortunately, I'm none of those and I'm quite certain that your presence would be most welcome.

(this thread so deserves at least 2 more stars)

Indeed, it does.

Youre so good at the whole 'flattery' thing. ;)

SicEmBaylor
5/22/2006, 12:32 AM
Indeed, it does.

Youre so good at the whole 'flattery' thing. ;)

Thanks but don't think for a MINUTE that I have been anything but totally sincere. One can fake flattery, but not sincerity very easily. I wouldn't go to all this trouble just to BS around. ;-)

Melo
5/22/2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks but don't think for a MINUTE that I have been anything but totally sincere. One can fake flattery, but not sincerity very easily. I wouldn't go to all this trouble just to BS around. ;-)

Uh-huh. I believe you.

SicEmBaylor
5/22/2006, 12:36 AM
Uh-huh. I believe you.
Well, I think I'm going to attempt to sleep. I'm having another bout of insomnia so we'll see. But Melo you have a VERY good night, sleep well, and I hope you have nothing but wonderful dreams tonight. I know I will! ;-)

Tailwind
5/22/2006, 12:37 AM
Oh, good grief!

Melo
5/22/2006, 12:37 AM
Well, I think I'm going to attempt to sleep. I'm having another bout of insomnia so we'll see. But Melo you have a VERY good night, sleep well, and I hope you have nothing but wonderful dreams tonight. I know I will! ;-)

We shall see. :)

Melo
5/22/2006, 12:38 AM
Oh, good grief!

buahahahaaa.... I cant wait for everyone else to find this in the morning.

yermom
5/22/2006, 12:46 AM
Melo just make sure you don't bring a friend along, he might panic and send you away ;)

Melo
5/22/2006, 12:48 AM
Melo just make sure you don't bring a friend along, he might panic and send you away ;)

I am not sure I follow you.... :confused:

soonerboomer93
5/22/2006, 01:02 AM
Oh, he probably would panic and send you away :D

yermom
5/22/2006, 01:12 AM
I am not sure I follow you.... :confused:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67853

Melo
5/22/2006, 01:20 AM
Oh, I see. Must have missed that one. Reading over it, though.... ugh. I mean, I can joke about that sort of thing with the closest of friends... but to actually do that.... :eek:

SicEmBaylor
5/22/2006, 01:57 AM
Oh, I see. Must have missed that one. Reading over it, though.... ugh. I mean, I can joke about that sort of thing with the closest of friends... but to actually do that.... :eek:

Yep, can't sleep.

Well, it was a VERY strange situation. It just kind of took me by surprise, and I figured at the time that it probably wasn't a good idea to just let two strangers into my apartment. I probably clammed up a little too.

I would definitely NOT turn you away at the door!
Time to attempt sleep again.

SoonerInKCMO
5/22/2006, 09:01 AM
A band dork and a Zima-swilling politician to be.

Damn... I hope at least one of you is infertile.

SicEmBaylor
5/22/2006, 02:28 PM
A band dork and a Zima-swilling politician to be.

Damn... I hope at least one of you is infertile.

Hey we're just talking about her cooking right? ;) :twinkies:
And I can't speak for her, but I'm pretty confident in my crack troops.

But that's neither here nor there as far as cooking, cleaning, and making me look totally cool goes. Not that the Zima doesn't already tell the world that I'm a fun loving guy who knows how to have a good time and knows quality spirits, but Melo definitely gives me that much needed extra "something."
:D