PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Sports Page

Jimminy Crimson
5/21/2006, 01:39 AM
If there is more shiot about :eddie: I will vomit. Again.

Hope they got all that crap out of their system in todays paper.

:mad:

yermom
5/21/2006, 01:47 AM
yeah, right

you read the paper? :P

Jimminy Crimson
5/21/2006, 01:48 AM
heh

AllAboutThe'O'
5/21/2006, 02:56 AM
I didn't mind the :eddie: coverage. Personally, I thought it was great. I also liked how they focused on his years at Arkansas and even at Kentucky, where apparently he remains a bad name among the Wildcat faithful.

I grew up in Arkansas following :eddie: 's teams. Say what you want about the man (and I lost some respect for him when he made his infamous "I'll crawl from Arkansas to Kentucky for this job" comment), but the man was a great coach and earned a tremendous amount of respect within the coaching ranks and among his players. I know that future Bedlam games won't really be the same (I know that Sean coached the Bedlam game at LNC, but it was still pretty much :eddie: 's team) without the old man on the bench.

Hopefully, the day Bob and Sherri retire from OU (and hopefully Jeff), we'll get equal or bigger coverage from the dailies that they devoted on Saturday to :eddie: .

Flagstaffsooner
5/21/2006, 03:12 AM
The man is an unabashed crook. stoolwater was the only crap school that would take him after his **** at KU. I hope he rots in hell.

Jimminy Crimson
5/21/2006, 10:56 AM
I just hate how the media has treated his whole drunk escapade with soft hands. They raked Kelvin over the coals about stuff that is really minor in the scope of things, but pulled the 'disease + get well soon' crap with :eddie:.

P.iss poor, IMO.
Not to mention, middle school p.issing.

:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/21/2006, 12:18 PM
but. . .but he "succombed to temptation."
I like that word "succombed."

Okla-homey
5/21/2006, 03:54 PM
:eddie: beat Ardmore to win his first state championship as a coach. Therefore, :eddie: was dead to me in 1950 something. Will someone please bury him now?

Sooner24
5/21/2006, 04:01 PM
I didn't mind the :eddie: coverage. Personally, I thought it was great. I also liked how they focused on his years at Arkansas and even at Kentucky, where apparently he remains a bad name among the Wildcat faithful.

I grew up in Arkansas following :eddie: 's teams. Say what you want about the man (and I lost some respect for him when he made his infamous "I'll crawl from Arkansas to Kentucky for this job" comment), but the man was a great coach and earned a tremendous amount of respect within the coaching ranks and among his players. I know that future Bedlam games won't really be the same (I know that Sean coached the Bedlam game at LNC, but it was still pretty much :eddie: 's team) without the old man on the bench.

Hopefully, the day Bob and Sherri retire from OU (and hopefully Jeff), we'll get equal or bigger coverage from the dailies that they devoted on Saturday to :eddie: .

The thing that :eddie: brings to the table is he was really an Aggie. The fact he played for Henry Iba and against players like Wilt make him a legend in Oklahoma. I for one am going to miss seeing :eddie: on the sidelines. :eddie:

sooner n houston
5/21/2006, 04:07 PM
The Tulsa World had him on the front page of the paper on Saturday, not just the sports section! SUCCS

bri
5/21/2006, 04:08 PM
:eddie: beat Ardmore to win his first state championship as a coach. Therefore, :eddie: was dead to me in 1950 something. Will someone please bury him now?

He probably IS starting to stink.

But that's just the booze.

yermom
5/21/2006, 04:14 PM
The thing that :eddie: brings to the table is he was really an Aggie. The fact he played for Henry Iba and against players like Wilt make him a legend in Oklahoma. I for one am going to miss seeing :eddie: on the sidelines. :eddie:

at what point was that a good thing?

Sooner24
5/21/2006, 04:22 PM
at what point was that a good thing?

I didn't mean that was agood thing just that :eddie: had been around since the land run and had Oklahoma A&M ties for over fifty years.

Scott D
5/21/2006, 09:53 PM
He probably IS starting to stink.

But that's just the booze.

I doubt it, he's probably pretty well embalmed by now ;)

StoopTroup
5/21/2006, 09:57 PM
http://www.ukathletics.com/images/mbb_history_coachsutton.jpg

Sooner24
5/21/2006, 10:35 PM
I thought that was the dad off of the Brady Bunch. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
5/22/2006, 12:06 AM
I thought that was the dad off of the Brady Bunch. :D
No, it's Bert Convy, former game show host of Tattletales and Super Password.:D

Boomer_Sooner_sax
5/22/2006, 12:19 PM