PDA

View Full Version : F*** the Police

afs
5/20/2006, 05:37 PM
I got pulled over today. Supposedly doing 47 in a 35. The cop was sitting in a turn lane with a car in front of him and he was on his way to a community picnic.

Unfortunetly I have no clue what speed I was doing at the time b/c i was watching my milage to gague my earlier bike ride. but when i got the ticket i was given the option of admitting guilt and accecpting a $70 ticket or not admitting guilt and taking a court date.

any suggestions for court? this is my first ticket in 11 years.

jk the sooner fan
5/20/2006, 05:39 PM
so its his fault you were speeding?

afs
5/20/2006, 05:40 PM
oh yeah i was also on my cell phone using a hands free device and was having no problems carrying on a conversation. the kicker? i own a jeep wrangler and didn't have the top on and the windows were rolled down.

can anybody tell me the effectiveness of a cell phone in a convertable at 47 mph?

afs
5/20/2006, 05:41 PM
no it's not. the only reason i didn't take the ticket is b/c i have no proof if i was speeding or not. i've always been taught not to accecpt guilt if you can't prove it.

every other time i've been pulled over i've known exactely what i was doing wrong.

jacru
5/20/2006, 05:41 PM
Just pay your ticket and stop hatin' on cops.

afs
5/20/2006, 05:45 PM
i probably will. i have no problem with that. really i've never been to court and am curious how it will work.

my dad was a cop for 36 years - i only have respect.

King Crimson
5/20/2006, 05:46 PM
c'mon straight from the underground
young nigga got it bad 'cause i'm brown...

whoa! not a lyrics thread?

afs
5/20/2006, 05:48 PM
http://www.electricearl.com/dawson/nwa.jpg

afs
5/20/2006, 05:49 PM
Right about now NWA court is in full effect.
Judge Dre presiding in the case of NWA versus the police department.
Prosecuting attourneys are MC Ren Ice Cube and Eazy mutha****in E.
Order order order. Ice Cube take the mutha****in stand.
Do you swear to tell the truth the whole truth
and nothin but the truth so help your black ***?

Why don't you tell everybody what the **** you gotta say?

**** tha police
Comin straight from the underground
Young nigga got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

**** that ****, cuz I ain't tha one
For a punk mutha****a with a badge and a gun
To be beatin on, and throwin in jail
We could go toe to toe in the middle of a cell

****in with me cuz I'm a teenager
With a little bit of gold and a pager
Searchin my car, lookin for the product
Thinkin every nigga is sellin narcotics

You'd rather see me in the pen
Then me and Lorenzo rollin in the Benzo
Beat tha police outta shape
And when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape
To tape off the scene of the slaughter
Still can't swallow bread and water

I don't know if they fags or what
Search a nigga down and grabbin his nuts
And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
Cuz they slam ya down to the street top
Black police showin out for the white cop

Ice Cube will swarm
On any mutha****a in a blue uniform
Just cuz I'm from the CPT, punk police are afraid of me
A young nigga on a warpath
And when I'm finished, it's gonna be a bloodbath
Of cops, dyin in LA
Yo Dre, I got somethin to say

**** the police (4X)

M. C. Ren, will you please give your testimony to the jury about this ****ed up incident.>

**** tha police and Ren said it with authority
because the niggaz on the street is a majority.
A gang, is with whoever I'm stepping
and the mother****in' weapon
is kept in a stash box, for the so-called law
wishin' Ren was a nigga that they never saw

Lights start flashin behind me
But they're scared of a nigga so they mace me to blind me
But that **** don't work, I just laugh
Because it gives em a hint not to step in my path

To the police I'm sayin **** you punk
Readin my rights and ****, it's all junk
Pullin out a silly club, so you stand
With a fake assed badge and a gun in your hand

But take off the gun so you can see what's up
And we'll go at it punk, I'ma **** you up

Make ya think I'm a kick your ***
But drop your gat, and Ren's gonna blast
I'm sneaky as **** when it comes to crime
But I'm a smoke em now, and not next time

Smoke any mutha****a that sweats me
Or any assho that threatens me
I'm a sniper with a hell of a scope
Takin out a cop or two, they can't cope with me

The mutha****in villian that's mad
With potential to get bad as ****
So I'm a turn it around
Put in my clip, yo, and this is the sound
Ya, somethin like that, but it all depends on the size of the gat

Takin out a police would make my day
But a nigga like Ren don't give a **** to say

**** the police (4X)

Police, open now. We have a warrant for Eazy-E's arrest.
Get down and put your hands up where I can see em.
Just shut the **** up and get your mutha****in *** on the floor.
[huh?]>

and tell the jury how you feel abou this bull****.>

I'm tired of the mutha****in jackin
Sweatin my gang while I'm chillin in the shackin
Shining tha light in my face, and for what
Maybe it's because I kick so much butt

I kick ***, or maybe cuz I blast
On a stupid assed nigga when I'm playin with the trigga
Of any Uzi or an AK
Cuz the police always got somethin stupid to say

They put up my picture with silence
Cuz my identity by itself causes violence
The E with the criminal behavior
Yeah, I'm a gansta, but still I got flavor

Without a gun and a badge, what do ya got?
A sucka in a uniform waitin to get shot,
By me, or another nigga.
and with a gat it don't matter if he's smarter or bigger
[MC Ren: Sidle him, kid, he's from the old school, fool]

And as you all know, E's here to rule
Whenever I'm rollin, keep lookin in the mirror
And there's no cue, yo, so I can hear a
Dumb mutha****a with a gun

And if I'm rollin off the 8, he'll be tha one
That I take out, and then get away
And while I'm drivin off laughin
This is what I'll say

**** the police (4X)

The jury has found you guilty of bein a redneck,
whitebread, chicken**** mutha****a.
Wait, that's a lie. That's a goddamn lie.
I want justice! I want justice!
**** you, you black mutha****a!>

**** the police (3X)

Jerk
5/20/2006, 05:50 PM
Try paying attention to what you're doing next time.

soonerhubs
5/20/2006, 06:07 PM
I think you're asking for legal advice. I'm sure next time you'll pay closer attention to speed, so I won't give that response again. So I suppose I'd go up there and tell the judge what you told us. After ten MPH over the limit, it goes on your record, so maybe he can help you get a driver improvement course so it doesn't jack your insurance.

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2006, 06:15 PM
I knew a good cop once.

Therefore they are all good.

SoonerBorn68
5/20/2006, 06:24 PM
The cop was sitting in a turn lane with a car in front of him...

I'd question the accuracy of the radar gun in that situation.

Here's a start (http://radarbusters.com/support/choosing-detector/mistakes.asp).

and a bonus:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=radar+gun+mistakes

proud gonzo
5/20/2006, 06:30 PM
yeah, i think Iggy should have done that a while back. the speed limit on a street by my house is 25 mph (even though there are no houses on it--it's before you turn into the neighborhood) and he usually goes 35 at the VERY most. but usually he goes about 30 mph on that street. at 11:30 one night a cop coming home (lives a block from us) and was headed perpendicular toward the same 4-way stop as Iggy. gave Iggy a ticket and said he clocked him at 41 mph. Iggy said there was no way he was going that fast but paid the huge ticket anyway.

afs
5/20/2006, 06:32 PM
it's not worth it. the last thing i want to do is **** of the police department of a small town.

i'll just talk to the judge and see if i can get it under 10 mph.

afs
5/20/2006, 06:33 PM
99.7% of all cops are good. the guy today fell into that percentage - i'll consider it my yearly donation to New Mexico since i don't pay state income tax.

Sooner24
5/20/2006, 07:00 PM
99.7% of all cops are good. the guy today fell into that percentage - i'll consider it my yearly donation to New Mexico since i don't pay state income tax.

Let's review. You are not watching your speed, talking on the phone and aren't even sure how fast you were really going. Then you say this cop fell in the 99.7% of GOOD cops but the title of this thread is F*** the Police? Now it all seems to be okay and everything is good. Sounds like someone here might be bipolar and it's not me. :P

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2006, 07:06 PM
Apparently it's not acceptable for somebody to blow off steam and chill out around here.

soonerhubs
5/20/2006, 07:11 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
There I feel better now.

My cousin got a ticket in Moriarity NM once. He kinda deserved it though.

dolemitesooner
5/20/2006, 07:13 PM
**** the police
Thats how I treat them
we buy our way out of jail
but we cant FREEDOM
We buy alot of cloths
But we dont really need them
we buy these things
to cover up whats inside

Sooner24
5/20/2006, 07:20 PM
Apparently it's not acceptable for somebody to blow off steam and chill out around here.

Now don't go starting another "Why do you not like me?" thread. It was a joke. ;)

soonerhubs
5/20/2006, 07:30 PM
Let's review. You are not watching your speed, talking on the phone and aren't even sure how fast you were really going. Then you say this cop fell in the 99.7% of GOOD cops but the title of this thread is F*** the Police? Now it all seems to be okay and everything is good. Sounds like someone here might be bipolar and it's not me. :P
You missed what the *** in F*** stood for. It was Fark the Police. He just wanted to put some silly pictures on them for giving him a ticket. See now don't you feel silly. :D

afs
5/20/2006, 07:32 PM

Honestly how often do you stare at the spedomoter when you drive? how often do you talk on the phone? it was a road i travel 4+ times a day and typically don't think about how fast i'm going b/c i know what gear i'm in and i don't worry about it.

heaven forbid i use a message board to get rid of frustration. was i breaking a law? yes - at least attention to driving - not sure about speeding but whatever it's over now.

it's not my fault a rap group in the 80s designed the perfect song to describe my feelings earlier this morning.

soonerhubs
5/20/2006, 07:52 PM
Honestly how often do you stare at the spedomoter when you drive? how often do you talk on the phone? it was a road i travel 4+ times a day and typically don't think about how fast i'm going b/c i know what gear i'm in and i don't worry about it.

heaven forbid i use a message board to get rid of frustration. was i breaking a law? yes - at least attention to driving - not sure about speeding but whatever it's over now.

it's not my fault a rap group in the 80s designed the perfect song to describe my feelings earlier this morning.
heh. I hope that Judge is cool on ya.

Off subject. New Mexico is an amazingly scenic state.

MamaMia
5/20/2006, 09:26 PM
no it's not. the only reason i didn't take the ticket is b/c i have no proof if i was speeding or not. i've always been taught not to accecpt guilt if you can't prove it.
every other time i've been pulled over i've known exactely what i was doing wrong.
I thinks thats suppose to be 'Dont act all innocent if you could be at fault'.

Oh, and cruise control is your friend. ;)

Sooner24
5/20/2006, 09:45 PM

I just thought it funny the title of the tread after you finished explaining what happened. I wouldn't tell the same things to the judge that you told here or you are screwed. ;)

I don't stare at my speedometer but I do glance at it every so often just to make sure. And OUSAEmom cruise control is my friend. :D

yermom
5/20/2006, 10:16 PM

i'm usually too busy looking for cops to watch my speedometer ;)

StoopTroup
5/20/2006, 10:45 PM
He probably saved your life AFS...

If he hadn't stopped you a guy running a red light would have taken you out at the next intersection.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2006, 11:14 PM
The last ticket I got was a couple of years ago going to stoolwater to watch the ou football game..nuthin but speedtraps....that is the most worthless trip to go to a worthless town...

yermom
5/20/2006, 11:31 PM
my last one was driving in Talala coming back from seeing my grandmother in 2004.... stopped in a construction zone in the middle of the night, weak

GottaHavePride
5/21/2006, 01:00 AM
I thinks thats suppose to be 'Dont act all innocent if you could be at fault'.

Oh, and cruise control is your friend. ;)

I would never ever use cruise control to go 35 mph in town. It's just not worth the trouble. Plus, it increases the reaction time if you're trying to avoid an accident.

Heck, anymore I barely use it on the highway because there's always too dang much traffic.

walkoffsooner
5/21/2006, 06:22 AM
Go to court house pay court cost thats all they want$$$$$$$$

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 07:47 AM
With 11 years of no tickets. Go to court and tell the judge you are not guilty with no reservation and with a lot of conviction, they'll set a court date and the cop will probably not show. Two trips will get the whole thing tossed. At a minimum, they'll knock it down so your insurance wont see it.

jk the sooner fan
5/21/2006, 07:53 AM
I'd question the accuracy of the radar gun in that situation.

Here's a start (http://radarbusters.com/support/choosing-detector/mistakes.asp).

and a bonus:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=radar+gun+mistakes

geez.....where do i start with this

the angular effect works to the speeders benefit, the greater the angle from the radar to the target, the lower the speed.....

the officer doesnt calibrate the radar, he simply checks its calibration with a tuning fork.....simple test, you bang the tuning fork on something hard (which has a certain MPH engraved on it), and then point it at the radar, the speed should be the same speed on the tuning fork

good luck trying to shoot down the science of radar, you'd have better luck going after the officer......

jk the sooner fan
5/21/2006, 07:54 AM
With 11 years of no tickets. Go to court and tell the judge you are not guilty with no reservation and with a lot of conviction, they'll set a court date and the cop will probably not show. Two trips will get the whole thing tossed. At a minimum, they'll knock it down so your insurance wont see it.

what happens if he does show? in a small town, the chances are greater that he'll be there

then what?

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 08:03 AM
what happens if he does show? in a small town, the chances are greater that he'll be there

then what?It's your word verses his and with 11 years of law abiding the judge will very likely look to compomise. Thus the comment about having it reduced to an under 10 mph ticket, as to not screw up your record.

jk the sooner fan
5/21/2006, 08:09 AM
its a gamble, you cant get anything worse than you already have, so worth a shot

good luck!

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 08:20 AM
Plus, if you are a professional type, with that record (or lack there of) and you present yourself in a calm manner. Ask to approach the bench, the DA too and whisper, "Your honor, I honestly think he picked up a different car with that thing but I certainly wouldn't want to embarrass a policeman. Can we just work something out?"

;) Trust me.

jk the sooner fan
5/21/2006, 08:22 AM
however, if that officer has 11 years of service with no reason to question his integrity

good luck with all that.....

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 08:29 AM
heh, jk's a tad testy when the coppers come up, eh? :D

It's all good, all of that works best in a big city with a loaded docket.

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 08:30 AM
however, if that officer has 11 years of service with no reason to question his integrity
No, you're testing the integrity of the machine not the policeman.

Jerk
5/21/2006, 08:47 AM
Why do you ppl hate cruise control?

I use it all the time, in my semi big rig super chicken truck, even on city freeways.

It's been since 1996 since I've had a ticket. I think your best bet is to get into the habbit of never going 10mph over the speed limit. I usually don't go over 5mph when I'm in the semi, or 10mph in the jeep. Of course, this changes when in certain locales like Nichols Hills, Moore (creeps), Shamrock, OK, etc.

Motorcycle cops are also another story- because all they do is write tickets. SLOW DOWN! Yet the average OKC or Tulsa cop is a 'crime fighter' and they aren't going to mess with you unless you're doing something really dumb.

jk the sooner fan
5/21/2006, 08:54 AM
No, you're testing the integrity of the machine not the policeman.

like i said, good luck with all that

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 09:08 AM
like i said, good luck with all thatIt works at a better than 50/50 proposition. It really Really helps when you have a great driving record.

Okieflyer
5/21/2006, 09:20 AM

Depends on the cop. If he was a traffic cop, he has to be there. So there won't be a "no show". They have assigned court dates they must be there. Also your not admitting guilt by signing a ticket. That is just promising that you will either show up in court or pay the fine. But Big Red Ron is right about one thing, most of the time if you show up for court, they do reduce the ticket. Usually in half. In the past a cop had to go to court on his day off. So you had many "no shows". I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way anymore.

Oh the last ticket I got was May 19, 1990. But lot's of cops in the family.

By the way, where you putting makeup on at the time?:D

Stanley1
5/21/2006, 09:26 AM
First things first, it doesn't hit your insurance unless it is 15 mph over the speed limit, so he is safe here.

Second, you are going to end up spending more than $70 if you fight it. Between gas, potential court costs, whatever they make you pay anyways, and YOUR TIME, at least imo, that will likely be way over $70.

Pay it, and be on your way.

Okieflyer
5/21/2006, 09:40 AM
First things first, it doesn't hit your insurance unless it is 15 mph over the speed limit, so he is safe here.

Second, you are going to end up spending more than $70 if you fight it. Between gas, potential court costs, whatever they make you pay anyways, and YOUR TIME, at least imo, that will likely be way over $70.

Pay it, and be on your way.

Depends on the city. Okc it's 10 miles over. That's the threshold that it will be reported it to your insurance company. The city decides that.

jrsooner
5/21/2006, 10:07 AM
no it's not. the only reason i didn't take the ticket is b/c i have no proof if i was speeding or not. i've always been taught not to accecpt guilt if you can't prove it.Then state "no contest" or whatever that the foreign language equivalent is. Take the defensive driving option; then it doesn't go on your record and your insurance rates go down. :) At least that's how it works down here in Texas.

afs
5/21/2006, 10:21 AM
I'm not going to court to contest the equipment or the cop. I don't want the ticket on my insurance. Was I speeding? probably. Was I going 12 over? i doubt it. I never travel that fast on that road. Evar. So I'll go to court, plead no contest, and pay my fine.

Stanley1
5/21/2006, 11:15 AM
Depends on the city. Okc it's 10 miles over. That's the threshold that it will be reported it to your insurance company. The city decides that.

OKC must be odd then, cause everywhere I've gotten tickets (Tulsa, Creek County/Kellyville, Caddo, Dallas, and McKinney just to name a few), they've told me it was 15.

Looks like another Tulsa advantage over OKC. ;)

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 11:31 AM
Looks like another Tulsa advantage over OKC. ;)heh, don't forget all the tribal smoke shops and Casinos.;)

TheHumanAlphabet
5/21/2006, 12:57 PM
afs, are you in Texas? If so, ask for Defensive Driving course, and once completed, the charges are dismissed and no insurance report if no other ticket for a year...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/21/2006, 12:59 PM
Motorcycle cops are also another story- because all they do is write tickets. SLOW DOWN!

Heh, never thought about it, but you're right. Either writin' tix or leading funerals...

Sooner24
5/21/2006, 02:01 PM
OKC must be odd then, cause everywhere I've gotten tickets (Tulsa, Creek County/Kellyville, Caddo, Dallas, and McKinney just to name a few), they've told me it was 15.

Looks like another Tulsa advantage over OKC. ;)

You need to invest in a radar detector. :eek:

Stanley1
5/21/2006, 02:04 PM
You need to invest in a radar detector. :eek:

I have one, doesn't work on speed traps or hilly highways though.

I drive fast, I know I drive fast, and as a result, I'm going to get the occassional ticket. Not a one has hit my insurance though, and I've only gotten 2-3 tickets in the last 3-4 years, since having my radar detector. :texan:

SoonerAtKU
5/22/2006, 12:13 AM
my last one was driving in Talala coming back from seeing my grandmother in 2004.... stopped in a construction zone in the middle of the night, weak

I got one of those driving back to Oklahoma at 2 AM on Thanksgiving. Had to pick up a friend from the KC airport and take him back late. Thanks, officer, for the double fine in a work zone in which there are no workers. I was only going 6 over anyhow, so I'm glad that you reeled me in from my driving/murder spree.

Mjcpr
5/22/2006, 08:58 AM
If you got one in Tulsa, it'd be $120 minimum. Pay the fine.