PDA

View Full Version : I hate Dallas!

oumartin
5/19/2006, 11:15 PM
I ventured for the first time into the Dallas tx to attend my sisters college graduation. I will never go there again. ever.

hurricane'bone
5/19/2006, 11:16 PM
Dallas hates you too.

Stanley1
5/19/2006, 11:16 PM
Dallas hates you too.

Word.

Dallas ain't so bad.

sanantoniosooner
5/19/2006, 11:17 PM
Dallas, the city, sucks.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2006, 11:18 PM
traffic give you a scare?

Stanley1
5/19/2006, 11:19 PM
traffic give you a scare?

That or the messicans would be my guess.

sanantoniosooner
5/19/2006, 11:19 PM
horribly sucky traffic is annoying, not scary.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2006, 11:24 PM
the SA traffic pales in comparison to what we deal with here......i dont know what drunk mexican designed the road system down there, but you should all give him a big party for screwing up what could have been fairly easy

Penguin
5/19/2006, 11:27 PM
Dry counties. I had never heard of that **** until I went to Dallas for a wedding. I cannot believe that in 2006 there are areas in Texas where an adult can't walk into a store and buy a bottle of rum.

I asked the hotel manager for directions to the nearest liquor store. She gave me directions to a gas station 10 miles away that only sold beer. Gas station=liquor store in the Ghettoplex. My God. Getting a Long Island Iced Tea in Dallas must require signing an insurance release form.

Jimminy Crimson
5/19/2006, 11:29 PM
Never been to Dallas before?!? :eek:

It's a nice place. Give it a go, again.

Sooner24
5/19/2006, 11:33 PM
I was in Chicago last week and I will take Dallas any day.

oumartin
5/19/2006, 11:33 PM
might be a nice city, I've been through it but that was the first time for me to drive in it. I hate being at a stand still in traffic.. the traffic is what made me not wanna go back.
2 freakin' hours to get from cedervale(ville,dale) whatever it is to the denton area.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2006, 11:35 PM
thats why you hate dallas? sheesh....

soonerhubs
5/19/2006, 11:36 PM
Yup Dallas traffic is crazy. I wouldn't mind living in San Antonio though.

oumartin
5/19/2006, 11:37 PM
well, we ate papadaux in duncanville. took two freakin' hours. not very tasty for the price either. you know if there is a cop in the parkin' lot you shouldn't be eatin' there.

jk the sooner fan
5/19/2006, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't mind living in San Antonio though.

been there done that, never again

stoops the eternal pimp
5/19/2006, 11:40 PM
victoria principal is probably still a looker

Jimminy Crimson
5/19/2006, 11:41 PM
you know if there is a cop in the parkin' lot you shouldn't be eatin' there.

our lunch must have sucked today, then.

:confused:

Sooner24
5/19/2006, 11:44 PM
our lunch must have sucked today, then.

:confused:

Were you guys eatting at the Dallas County Jail again JC? ;)

sanantoniosooner
5/19/2006, 11:44 PM
been there done that, never again
bitterness noted.:D

Jimminy Crimson
5/19/2006, 11:46 PM
Were you guys eatting at the Dallas County Jail again JC? ;)

Nah, County Line in OKC.

There just happened to be about 50 police/troopers eating lunch next to us.

I was :confused: when I pulled up. :D

oumartin
5/19/2006, 11:48 PM
i'm just a backwoods hillbilly and I don't do traffic very well...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/19/2006, 11:53 PM
the last time i was in dallas, this woman was driving 105, putting on makeup, slapping her kid in the backseat, while smoking a 8 ft cigarette...remarkable

Sooner24
5/19/2006, 11:56 PM
Nah, County Line in OKC.

There just happened to be about 50 police/troopers eating lunch next to us.

I was :confused: when I pulled up. :D

I'm sorry but County Line is not my favorite BBQ in OKC. Pretty nice view though.

hurricane'bone
5/20/2006, 12:07 AM

apparently.

sanantoniosooner
5/20/2006, 12:08 AM
the last time i was in dallas, this woman was driving 105, putting on makeup, slapping her kid in the backseat, while smoking a 8 ft cigarette...remarkable
And she wouldn't let me around her.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2006, 12:19 AM
exactly....well she wouldnt allow me to get on 75 south off the exit..

Jimminy Crimson
5/20/2006, 12:28 AM
I'm sorry but County Line is not my favorite BBQ in OKC. Pretty nice view though.

Not mine, either, but it was a convenient meeting place for us SF peeps and it was SBSB's choice b/c it be her birfday.

pb4ou
5/20/2006, 12:28 AM
I used to drive like an okie, until I moved to Dallas. Driving like that a long time around here will get ya killed.

Flagstaffsooner
5/20/2006, 02:10 AM
i'm just a backwoods hillbilly and I don't do traffic very well...Stay away from Houston.

BajaOklahoma
5/20/2006, 06:09 AM
well, we ate papadaux in duncanville. took two freakin' hours. not very tasty for the price either. you know if there is a cop in the parkin' lot you shouldn't be eatin' there.

There's your problem right there. Duncanville isn't Dallas.
Other than Fair Park in October, there isn't much south of Reunion that is worth the effort to get there. I would have said south of LBJ, but Beef doesn't like it when you pick on his part of town. North Dallas/Collin County restaurants pawn South Dallas area restaurants.

You get used to the traffic down here. Get a Mapsco map and learn alternate routes. Other than wrecks blocking lanes, traffic moves pretty well. The roads signs are better than in most cities. My kids all learned to drive down and now think it is easy to drive almost anywhere.

Sooner24
5/20/2006, 06:30 AM
What's bad about Dallas is they think everyone is a local. You have the radio on and they go "There's a major wreck on south bound Stemmons Freeway." If I didn't know better I am thinking "Whew, it's a good thing I am on I-35 and not that Stemmons Freeway." Seconds later you are caught up in a huge traffic jam and left to wonder if the mess you are in is as bad as that one over on Stemmons. :D

Sooner24
5/20/2006, 06:32 AM
Stay away from Houston.

Now if you're ever in Houston, oh, you better walk right;
Aw, you better not gamble boy, I say you better not fight,
Or the sheriff he will grab you and the boys will pull you down.
And then before you know it, you're penitentary bound.

:eek:

oumartin
5/20/2006, 06:37 AM
I can get around enid just fine. who would have thought dallas would be that nerve wrecking? ;)

OUinFLA
5/20/2006, 06:59 AM
victoria principal is probably still a looker

someone should acknowledge your cleverness.
It be me.

You whinny hillbilly's about your traffic patterns.
Anyone ever try SW Orlando between Dec and April?
2 hour traffic wait? pffffft................2 days is closer to the norm.

And then there is Miami where commuters leave early Sunday evening to get to work Monday morning. Then sleep under a bridge just to keep from having to do it again the next day. You get to see the wife and kids on Sat/Sun unless they left for the beach the day before, in which case it's an every other week rendevous.

I-4 between Tampa and Orlando?????????????
Ive seen people put "for sale" signs on their cars rather than wait out the traffic jams.

Heaven forbid there is an accident between these two cities, cause then every passerby doesnt just rubberneck, they've got to stop, get out, investigate, make an attempt at diagnosing what happened, and explain to everyone around them how similar this accident is to one their cousin was involved in 14 years ago up in Meechigan.

Other than that and hurricanes, it's paradise.

TexasLidig8r
5/20/2006, 07:11 AM
We locals know the meaning of... alternative routes.

For example, if going from Duncanville to Denton at or near rush hour(s), you either take Loop 12, past Texas Stadium then on to I35... or I-35 into downtown then take the Tollway up to the George Bush or 121 then over to I-35... or... Loop 12 to 183 WEST to 160 which turns into the George Bush over to I-35.. so many options.

Just like the day of the Texas - OU game... I look up at all the hillbillies stuck on 75 south to I30 east going to Fair Park and it's a parking lot... back roads and alternative routes are the way to go.

Sooner24
5/20/2006, 07:13 AM
We locals know the meaning of... alternative routes.

For example, if going from Duncanville to Denton at or near rush hour(s), you either take Loop 12, past Texas Stadium then on to I35... or I-35 into downtown then take the Tollway up to the George Bush or 121 then over to I-35... or... Loop 12 to 183 WEST to 160 which turns into the George Bush over to I-35.. so many options.

Just like the day of the Texas - OU game... I look up at all the hillbillies stuck on 75 south to I30 east going to Fair Park and it's a parking lot... back roads and alternative life styles are the way to go.

Fixed!!! :eddie:

Jimminy Crimson
5/20/2006, 11:47 AM
.Just like the day of the Texas - OU game... I laugh at all the hillbillies stuck on 75 south to I30 east going to Fair Park.

Me too! :texan:

SoonerBorn68
5/20/2006, 12:38 PM

White knuckled at 10 & 2, eh?:D

I tried to drive like an okie in Dallas, but finally decided to drive like the natives or die. Dallas traffic is nothing like Detroit or Houston traffic though...geez. I was driving out of downtown Detroit one time trying not to get run over at 90mph. I almost got run down by a blue hair that flipped me off as she passed. :D

Flagstaffsooner
5/20/2006, 12:48 PM
I can get around enid just fine. who would have thought dallas would be that nerve wrecking? ;)Enid scares the hell out of me.;)

mdklatt
5/20/2006, 12:59 PM
2 freakin' hours to get from cedervale(ville,dale) whatever it is to the denton area.

Cedar Hill, maybe? Did your sister go to Northwood University?

mdklatt
5/20/2006, 01:02 PM
For example, if going from Duncanville to Denton at or near rush hour(s), you either take Loop 12, past Texas Stadium then on to I35...

Loop 12 is the succ at rush hour. What you really want to do is take Mountain Creek Parkway to Merrifield to Jefferson, and get on Loop 12 there.

BajaOklahoma
5/20/2006, 01:06 PM
Alburquerque scares the **** out of me. You wait 10 seconds to go on green, unless you want to be T-boned. And you don't stop on a yellow - that's a sure way to be hit from behind.

I do agree about the HWY names in Dallas - they are obnoxious. They should include the AKAs on the maps. And n00bs to the area have a tough time for awhile.
But traveling through Denton is the suck, anytime.

mdklatt
5/20/2006, 01:08 PM
But traveling through Denton is the suck, anytime.

I hate driving through Denton with a white hot passion. :mad:

Sooner24
5/20/2006, 01:29 PM
Not mine, either, but it was a convenient meeting place for us SF peeps and it was SBSB's choice b/c it be her birfday.

Did she say how many birfs that was now? :D

MamaMia
5/20/2006, 01:38 PM
Their drivers are really mean. They make it very difficult to merge onto the highway.

Sooner24
5/20/2006, 02:02 PM
I always thought that one of the biggest oxymorons there is is when you first get into Texas. There you are greeted by this big sign that says "DRIVE FRIENDLY, THE TEXAS WAY". Now I can drive friendly or I can drive the Texas way but it is impossible to do both at the same time. :D

Jimminy Crimson
5/20/2006, 02:07 PM
Did she say how many birfs that was now? :D

More than me, less than you. :texan:

Sooner24
5/20/2006, 02:59 PM
There's not many people on here with less than me. :O

oumartin
5/20/2006, 06:46 PM
yes she did klatt.
sorry, i was in norman all day..
where the heck was everyone else.
when oumartin comes to play nobody wants to come out

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2006, 06:50 PM
I'm pretty sure everybody knew you were there.