PDA

View Full Version : Scary Moment for me...Paramedics respond for me.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/19/2006, 05:14 PM
First time in my life Paramedics responded for me...

I apparently had an allergic reaction to a vitamin pill I had taken, my esophagus closed up and I was coughing and choking and not able to breathe...

Unfortunately/fortunately, it was in a crowded conference room and people were trying to help me. I almost passed out. However, I recovered in a few minutes, before the EMTs arrived and checked me over. I didn't go to hospital, but was woozy for quite sometime afterward. I liked the EMTs prescription...to have a couple of pints tonight. I am not feeling up to drinking tonight, but will fill that "prescription" Saturday...

Weird thing about it is that I have been taking that brand of multivitamin for several months now, and have had only highly periodic bouts of a gagging reflex a couple of times, which I thought was from not having enough water. My sister (an RN) thinks that was an allergic reaction and this time I went over the edge with a full attack/reaction.

Mrs. THA said it was a good thing I was at the office and not in my hotel room. I may not have been able to call for help. I certain ly lost my voice at the time.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/19/2006, 05:15 PM
Dang, dude. Skurry.

Glad you're okay.

Tailwind
5/19/2006, 05:15 PM
Dayum! looks like you lucked out there.

walkoffsooner
5/19/2006, 05:16 PM
Glad your ok.

Flagstaffsooner
5/19/2006, 05:22 PM
Since when are Ludes classified as vitamins?

Glad you are okay.

TheHumanAlphabet
5/19/2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the responses...

Since I am traveling, I don't have access to the bottle or I would post the responsible brands name. They are big, green and leave a metallic aftertaste. Mmmmm...flintstones...NOT!

P.S. the rest are in the toilet now, soaking before the flush...

Flagstaffsooner
5/19/2006, 05:29 PM
Mmmmm...flintstones...NOT!Maybe you are a Betty.;)

StoopTroup
5/19/2006, 05:41 PM
Glad your ok. Scary moment I'm sure.

Now tell your Boss that the Doctors have advised you to keep a nice scotch in your desk "Just in case of Emergency". YWIA :D

SicEmBaylor
5/19/2006, 06:03 PM
Are you sure your wife isn't trying to kill you?

Penguin
5/19/2006, 07:07 PM
How embarrassing it was for you. This story will probably follow you around (or proceed you) for awhile. ;)

Glad you're OK.

proud gonzo
5/19/2006, 07:13 PM
dang dude, glad you're alright! throat closing up is a scary thing... NOT FUN