PDA

View Full Version : Talk about dumb and unlucky...

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2006, 04:43 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/nation/story/2BADE64A93A1A9EE86257172004FBD5D?OpenDocument

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) -- A Wal-Mart clerk noticed something familiar when a customer went through the checkout line -- a credit card from her own wallet, which had been stolen two days earlier, police said.

Ashley Dawn Dover repeatedly tried to pass a credit card through an electronic scanner at the store Tuesday to pay for $120 worth of merchandise, Police Chief James Allen said Wednesday.

Allen said the clerk then offered to try the card and noticed it was her own.

"The clerk looks up at her and says 'This is my stuff and I want it back,"' Allen said. "The suspect reaches in her purse, hands everything over and then runs out the door."

The credit card was stolen from the cashier's car, one of two vehicles broken into at Wal-Mart on Sunday. A camera, CDs and a purse were taken from the cashier's vehicle.

Allen said Dover is accused of using the clerk's checks and credit cards at several different locations in Bentonville and Rogers before police heard the report from the Wal-Mart checkout clerk.

Dover, 20, was arrested as she drove away from the store, Allen said. She was charged with breaking and entering, fraudulent use of a credit card and forgery, all felonies, along with two misdemeanor drug charges. She was being held in the Benton County jail Wednesday awaiting a bond hearing.

Ike
5/19/2006, 04:46 PM
I constantly think that the primary reason crime rates are so low in America stems from the fact that we posess some of the worlds stupidest criminals.

this thought makes me happy in my pants.

StoopTroup
5/19/2006, 06:23 PM
Wonder if she got the employee discount?

yermom
5/20/2006, 02:41 AM
only an idiot breaks into cars at the same place they shop...

LoyalFan
5/20/2006, 08:28 AM
Hang da' Beyotch! (After cutting off her hand in the WallyM. parking lot. Do it in the handicapped space, o'course!)

Kindly Old LoyalFan

dolemitesooner
5/20/2006, 09:49 AM
only an idiot breaks into cars at the same place they shop...
You would know

StoopTroup
5/20/2006, 09:55 AM
You would know
http://myevilrobot.com/albums/rice/oh_snap.jpg