PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Spring Game

Octavian
5/19/2006, 02:44 PM
On ESPNU right now....

Leaf has looked a lot better than Dixon so far....

PDXsooner
5/19/2006, 03:55 PM
keep watching. dixon looked so much better than leaf throughout that scrimmage it wasn't even close...

Jello Biafra
5/19/2006, 05:32 PM
keep watching. dixon looked so much better than leaf throughout that scrimmage it wasn't even close...

doesn't matter......anyone else hear that????

it's the tea bag fairy. pre flight checks and what not he's fittin to take off. it'll take 3 months to get there but he wants to be there in time to warm up/ do the pregame walk through with the team. who ever plays under center will have so much DNA on the front of their unis, you'll swear NIKE went waaaaay overboard :eek:

Octavian
5/19/2006, 05:33 PM
I only got to see two series in the first quarter.

Dixon missed a receiver by about five yards that got picked on the sideline. That play was called back for a penalty and the next play Dixon fumbled a pitch-out that got recovered by the D.

From what little I saw, I think our DLine could have a huge game against their OLine

stoops the eternal pimp
5/19/2006, 06:13 PM
I see Reggie INTing them twice

bri
5/19/2006, 06:20 PM
Oregon Spring Game

...which they lost to us, out of force of habit.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/19/2006, 06:21 PM
Dans Fouts called it:"I have a feeling The Ducks have a decent chance in this one".

PDXsooner
5/19/2006, 06:31 PM
I only got to see two series in the first quarter.

Dixon missed a receiver by about five yards that got picked on the sideline. That play was called back for a penalty and the next play Dixon fumbled a pitch-out that got recovered by the D.

From what little I saw, I think our DLine could have a huge game against their OLine

just like the holiday bowl. OU was PUNISHING their o-line. oregon does have all 5 starters back on their o-line, however.

leaf ended up looking like crap. dixon doesn't necessarily throw the ball a whole lot better, he just makes fewer mistakes. and he can run, which leaf can't at all...

Jello Biafra
5/19/2006, 06:41 PM
just like the holiday bowl. OU was PUNISHING their o-line. oregon does have all 5 starters back on their o-line, however.

leaf ended up looking like crap. dixon doesn't necessarily throw the ball a whole lot better, he just makes fewer mistakes. and he can run, which leaf can't at all...

like i said :)

Soonerman08
5/19/2006, 06:53 PM
Well let's see here, our Defense will be better against their Offense which isn't any better....I am liking our chances.

goingoneight
5/19/2006, 07:59 PM
They just can't go into Eugene thinking "we beat them before, we'll do it again... That burned us a few years back in Stoolwater against a much weaker team. My advice... play every game like it was for the MNC crystal ball!

Socrefbek
5/19/2006, 08:08 PM
They just can't go into Eugene thinking "we beat them before, we'll do it again... That burned us a few years back in Stoolwater against a much weaker team. My advice... play every game like it was for the MNC crystal ball!

That may not be a good strategy based on recent results :(

OUGreg723
5/19/2006, 10:21 PM

I dont know what your talking about...

goingoneight
5/19/2006, 10:43 PM

recent results... hmmm. I'm drawing a blank here... was OU in an MNC any time within the last three years? Kinda blocked some bad things out. :(

stoops the eternal pimp
5/19/2006, 10:57 PM
margaret thatcher naked on a cold winters day....margaret thatcher naked on a cold winters day....

Blitzkrieg
5/20/2006, 01:24 PM
margaret thatcher naked on a cold winters day....margaret thatcher naked on a cold winters day....
Stop it, you're making me hot with that Maggie Thatcher talk. I'll bet that woman could make your penis raise the white flag faster than she did those poor Argies.

UO will be a tough, hard fought game that we will be fortunate to win.

jackal42601
5/22/2006, 08:39 AM
Look guys it's very simple, We Storm in to Eugene have us some ROAST DUCK! and move on to the next victim.

tnobis60
5/22/2006, 03:15 PM
"I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa"

The Oregon offense will be better than last year. Jonathan Stewart is a tremendous running back, one of the best. And as we all know, Dixon and Leaf like Bomar were learning last year. They also return their entire 0-line, so that is a plus.

The problem with Oregon is their defense will be complete crap. Ngata and their other DT graduated. They only have one "good" LB, the rest are new. The secondary is new and crappy. They had to get a couple of JUCO guys to help out they were so worried about it.

OU should roll through the Ducks easily because AD running against a non-existent defense means a big W.

However, they will score some points, so it won't be a shut-out or anything

King Crimson
5/22/2006, 03:28 PM
i'd take a 1 point win and move on happily.

MiccoMacey
5/22/2006, 04:05 PM
Dixon and Leaf like Bomar...

NTTAWWT

:D

Quack 10
5/22/2006, 04:41 PM
The problem with Oregon is their defense will be complete crap.

Well compared to Oklahoma's that may be true, but dismissing Oregon's defense as "complete crap" is "complete crap." Most of the players replacing last season's starters are better, if less experienced, athletes.

The offense will be a lot better than it was in the last four games of 2006. Besides Kellen Clemens, Demitrius Williams was the only other significant loss, but James Finley appears to be his likely successor as "go to" guy, and the Ducks are pretty stacked at receiver.

Oregon's opening schedule is comparitively more difficult than Oklahoma's, with a conference game and a tough road game, and I think that how they handle the first two will go a long way to determing how they play against the Sooners.

King Crimson
5/22/2006, 04:46 PM
stick around Quack....don't let the knuckleheads drive you off.

thanks for the info.

MiccoMacey
5/22/2006, 05:20 PM
Well compared to Oklahoma's that may be true, but dismissing Oregon's defense as "complete crap" is "complete crap." Most of the players replacing last season's starters are better, if less experienced, athletes.

The offense will be a lot better than it was in the last four games of 2006. Besides Kellen Clemens, Demitrius Williams was the only other significant loss, but James Finley appears to be his likely successor as "go to" guy, and the Ducks are pretty stacked at receiver.

Oregon's opening schedule is comparitively more difficult than Oklahoma's, with a conference game and a tough road game, and I think that how they handle the first two will go a long way to determing how they play against the Sooners.

Clemens was a pretty salty QB and I hated to see him injured (although he would have given us fits in the HB). I wouldn't underestimate the loss of a big-time QB. Trust us. :D

Quack 10
5/22/2006, 06:39 PM
I wouldn't underestimate the loss of a big-time QB. Trust us.

I'm not, that's why I mentioned that D. Will was the biggest offensive loss besides Clemens.

As you probably know, most people, UO fans and outside observers alike, never expected the Ducks to win out in the regular season after Clemens went down. Oregon definitely over-achieved with inexperienced QBs, but that, combined with a solid showing against Oklahoma, gives Duck fans reason for optimism.

I have more faith in Dixon becoming a great quarterback than I do in Bellotti giving up the "platoon" concept. If Dixon struggles against Stanford and/or Fresno State, and Bellotti goes regularly to Leaf, it's going to be a tough season, and Oregon won't have much chance of beating the Sooners.

Soonerman08
5/22/2006, 08:44 PM
I wouldn't sell Leaf short, you guys played a damn good game in the HB. It was fortunate for us that Ingram was where he was when he was or else it would be a different story. That being said, losing Clemens really did hurt for you all but I wouldn't sell either one of your quarterbacks short. They both are capable, and it is very important that Stoops and Co. don't overlook you all especially in your stadium. Our defense needs to be up for challenge against your offense. You guys still have plenty of weapons, and the spread is always hard to defend. Luckily we see plenty of it from Texas Tech and I hear that Stoops fellow knows a thing or two about Defense. It'll be a damn good game.

CincySooner
5/25/2006, 01:17 PM
didnt you guys lose your starting RB? whitehead I think was his name.

snp
5/25/2006, 01:31 PM
Yes, but their new RB is a potential stud.

Quack 10
5/25/2006, 01:36 PM
didnt you guys lose your starting RB? whitehead I think was his name.

Yes, Terrance Whitehead graduated. He was very hard worker and a tough-as-nails back, but he didn't have the size, speed or talent of the Ducks' young three: Stewart, Johnson and Jackson.

That's Mike Bellotti; he's loyal to a fault. Whitehead had a great season, and he deserved to be the starter, but it's possible that either Stewart or Johnson could have had a breakout year last season if the senior RB hadn't been getting all the PT. That's why most Duck fans think the running game will be vastly superior this season. Whether it is or not remains to be seen.

Bubba Duck
5/28/2006, 05:54 AM
Quack 10,
you are spot on.
most duck fans live in the clouds. expectations are too high. go ducks.
I like leaf at the QB spot. he seems to have a natural feel for the spot.

StoopTroup
5/28/2006, 06:48 AM
Yes, but their new RB is a potential stud.
?

http://avocado.forest.net/marysalpaca/images/studs_hd.jpg

Do Llamas and Ducks get along?

Big Red Ron
5/28/2006, 11:19 AM
We had our worst team since 1998 last year. This year, not so much.

Flagstaffsooner
5/28/2006, 11:30 AM
?

http://avocado.forest.net/marysalpaca/images/studs_hd.jpg

Do Llamas and Ducks get along?:D