PDA

View Full Version : ESPN

Rooster
5/19/2006, 02:04 PM
Has OU and Ohio State ranked the top 2...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2449900

I didnt see this posted yet....

HwMchUBnch
5/19/2006, 02:42 PM
good stuff. everyone is looking highly at OU.

melbitoast
5/19/2006, 02:47 PM
What does ESPN know about FSU that we don't? "Best team since Weiner and Richt?" Not that they've been unbelievable in the last 4 years, but saying they're going to be close to that caliber is a surprising statement.

Flagstaffsooner
5/19/2006, 02:54 PM
ESPN must have their eye on broadcasting some OU and tOSU games, hence the hype.

TexasLidig8r
5/19/2006, 03:14 PM
Is this the same Eastern Sports Programming Network that is derided on this site seemingly on a daily basis?

Tressel's defense? Well.. it's not like they ever gave up in excess of 40 points to Northwestern or anything.. oh. wait...

:D

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2006, 04:45 PM
Is this the same Eastern Sports Programming Network that is derided on this site seemingly on a daily basis?

Go ahead and total up the post count in this thread of those that think it's a good idea. :D

Jello Biafra
5/19/2006, 05:40 PM

Tressel's defense? Well.. it's not like they ever gave up in excess of 40 points to Northwestern or anything.. oh. wait...

:D

christ on a stick. is there a bottom to the opinion pool for you?

where did they pick you schlubs, whorn? the same can be said about you guys. wait. noone has ever scored 70 on texas yet. :)

StoopTroup
5/19/2006, 05:58 PM
4 of 12 Big XII in the Top 25.

Sooner95
5/19/2006, 06:29 PM
More and more stuff I hear outta USC, looks like their PAC10 reign maybe over.. Cali can certainly take that.

Good to see the Sooners getting some nice print, but I am not sold just yet. Bomar has alot to prove, as far as I am concerned.

FSU, agree with that comparision being a bit much...but then again based on what els the ACC has to offer, might not be far fetched..

Nebraska in at 15? A part of me hopes they do improve, I miss the days of the OU/NU battles...but I still think they are a yr away..

All_Day_28
5/19/2006, 07:16 PM
How does an OU/NU big 12 champoinship game sound??:D

Socrefbek
5/19/2006, 07:45 PM
:mad:

F%&$ ESPN. They are a bunch of F-tards and will be lambasting and sacrificing the Sooners or any other team that does not live up to the bullsh!t hype that ESPN themselves created in the first place.

I refuse to go to their site after the BS we had to endure from the tools Mark May and Trev Alberts.

Never Forget ... Never Evar Forget!

EVAR!

SoonerJedi
5/20/2006, 01:10 PM
What does ESPN know about FSU that we don't? "Best team since Weiner and Richt?" Not that they've been unbelievable in the last 4 years, but saying they're going to be close to that caliber is a surprising statement.

What about Iowa as #10 ... what am I missing?

Also what about this:

Also receiving consideration: BYU, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Utah and Wisconsin.

Texas A&M? Nothrern Illinois?

I know they are only talking about "consideration" but good grief! These get consideration but Arizona State didn't. I hate the PAC-10 and even I think Arizona State could handle A&M.

soonerinabilene
5/20/2006, 02:03 PM
the thing i agree with the most on that list is what he says about saxet. return the qb that won the nc, you are #1. return a qb that has at least played at this level, maybe #1. return neither, see ou 2005.

josh09
5/20/2006, 08:23 PM
this is scaring me a little, i dont want to experience overrated chants again if we somehow lose.

but i have more confidence than fear

josh09
5/20/2006, 08:25 PM
and wow, nebraska is farther up there than i thought

lufkinaggie07
5/21/2006, 01:09 AM
Where's Baylor?:cool:

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/21/2006, 01:29 AM
Hopefully not taking us to overtime EVAR again ;)

planosooner
5/21/2006, 06:53 AM
the thing i agree with the most on that list is what he says about saxet. return the qb that won the nc, you are #1. return a qb that has at least played at this level, maybe #1. return neither, see ou 2005.

Why is everyone so dead set that Texas' QB performance will be the exact same as Bomar's last year? Texas is returning a much better OL that we had last year and just might be able to buy the freshman some more time to make better reads and eliminate more mistakes. Now I'm sure they will make plenty of stupid throws and decisions that will come from lack of experience. I just think that they will have a better chance of success seeing that the won't be getting banged around and running for their life as much with a better line and decent backfield with J Charles. I can't wait to see and hope that I'm wrong :)

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 07:36 AM
Why is everyone so dead set that Texas' QB performance will be the exact same as Bomar's last year? Texas is returning a much better OL that we had last year and just might be able to buy the freshman some more time to make better reads and eliminate more mistakes. Now I'm sure they will make plenty of stupid throws and decisions that will come from lack of experience. I just think that they will have a better chance of success seeing that the won't be getting banged around and running for their life as much with a better line and decent backfield with J Charles. I can't wait to see and hope that I'm wrong :)Well, neither McCoy or Sneed were as highly ranked as Bomar as a incoming Freshman also, Sneed hasn't even redshirted. They don't have a TB like AD.

King Crimson
5/21/2006, 09:22 AM
Charles is no AD, but he's a good back. he impresses me more than Ced ever did.

texas poster with: "you mean the all-time leading.......yeah riiighhhht?" in 3,2,1....

planosooner
5/21/2006, 10:40 AM
dup post

planosooner
5/21/2006, 10:44 AM
Bomar didn't have AD most of the year either....pretty sure that didn't help him much. IMO Charles is a better reciever than AD and a very, very good back as well. Also Texas has snatched up another impressive TE to throw to as a safety valve. This will help their freshman QBs along considerably. I just don't buy the fact that "all freshman" QBs are destined to fail/struggle just because that is what we saw Bomar do earlier in the season. Bomar was really being pressured and was throwing some very poor passes (grounders). It just seemed that he was just trying to do too much and at the same time had problems adjusting to the speed of the game between HS and college. We'll see if their freshman are going to sink or swim in their 2nd game for sure. Should be fun to watch.

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 12:54 PM
We Sooners know a thing or two about highly succesfull Freshman QB's.

*caugh* Holliway *caugh*

goingoneight
5/21/2006, 03:45 PM
Why is everyone so dead set that Texas' QB performance will be the exact same as Bomar's last year? Texas is returning a much better OL that we had last year and just might be able to buy the freshman some more time to make better reads and eliminate more mistakes. Now I'm sure they will make plenty of stupid throws and decisions that will come from lack of experience. I just think that they will have a better chance of success seeing that the won't be getting banged around and running for their life as much with a better line and decent backfield with J Charles. I can't wait to see and hope that I'm wrong :)

As I read it and heard it back in October 2005, UT was supposed to have OL issues coming into the 2006 season. All of the sudden they will be better than the 2005 line??? Answer me this, how many other OL's can provide a QB 7 - 10 seconds per snap to decide-- "hmmm... pass or run???" I think everyone who says OU OL is doomed and UT OL is near perfect may be in for a surprise. I'm still betting that neither of these teams go anywhere riding on their offense.