PDA

View Full Version : Adventures of My Blonde Daughter (installment iii)

Okla-homey
5/19/2006, 12:08 PM
Okay, here's the deal.

She gets her final grade on-line in micro-economics. "F" :eek:

Even to her, that strikes her as odd since she believed she had done okay on the final. In fact, the d00d sitting next to her must have thought so too because she busted him trying to copy from her test (this becomes important later.)

Anyhoo, she calls mama and freaks. Mama doesn't tell daddy because...well, you know.

Mama advises her to contact prof and discuss. She does. He asks, "what was the color of your exam?" She replies "yellow." Conversation ends.

After much nail-biting, the next day she checks econ. grade on-line and now its a "B". She didn't check her e-mail for a note from the prof before she remarked to herself applying blonde logic: "Holy Sh1t! Is it that easy to get a grade changed. I gotta try that more often!" -- this was recounted to mama immediately after the new grade was posted. I was still left out of the loop

Of course, daughter found out later when she read the econ. prof's e-mail, what really happened was this: he gave out three versions of the exam printed on yellow, blue or white paper. He had mistakenly used the "blue" answer key when grading her "yellow" exam.

No word on how copying-boy did on his exam, but suffice to say, his test was a different color from daughter's.:D

That is all.

frankensooner
5/19/2006, 12:12 PM
heh

BeetDigger
5/19/2006, 12:20 PM
I am praying that my daughter's hair goes from blond to brunette. Niether my wife nor I have blond hair. I guess, so not only do I want my daughter's hair to turn brunette, I need to take her in for a paternity test. My hair was blond until third grade, so there is a precedent.

proud gonzo
5/19/2006, 12:23 PM
I'm the only blonde in my family except for a cousin.

olevetonahill
5/19/2006, 12:23 PM
Was copying boy blonde to ?

hurricane'bone
5/19/2006, 12:24 PM
That happened to about half a class I was in and it happened to be econ. The Prof had given half us the wrong test (he uses 2 versions) and he was really distraught when he gave us our tests back becuase he couldn't understand why half us did so bad, then we started going over the test and the error was found.

Viking Kitten
5/19/2006, 12:43 PM
I am praying that my daughter's hair goes from blond to brunette. Niether my wife nor I have blond hair. I guess, so not only do I want my daughter's hair to turn brunette, I need to take her in for a paternity test. My hair was blond until third grade, so there is a precedent.

Do you people not remember Mendel from freshman biology?

Two brunettes can produce a blonde.Two blondes cannot produce a brunette.

Brunette=dominant. Blonde=recessive.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

bri
5/19/2006, 12:44 PM
Oh man, this is gonna be a GOOD summer...:D

Sooner_Bob
5/19/2006, 12:53 PM

Does that apply to the carpet and the drapes or just the drapes?

BeetDigger
5/19/2006, 01:06 PM

Yes, but there is not a blond in either family. Oh, I know that it is possible, but just not PROBIBLE. I hated biology by the way.

BeetDigger
5/19/2006, 01:07 PM
Does that apply to the carpet and the drapes or just the drapes?

A fabulous question. VK - I think he is asking you. :D

Viking Kitten
5/19/2006, 01:15 PM
Hire your own damn decorator.

Vaevictis
5/19/2006, 01:15 PM
Yes, but there is not a blond in either family. Oh, I know that it is possible, but just not PROBIBLE. I hated biology by the way.

*shrug* Well, if the girl is blonde, you know that the mother at least has the recessive blonde gene. Is it so much more unlikely you have it too?

yermom
5/19/2006, 01:17 PM

i can't think of any blondes in my family, but as children lots of us were blonde, then brunette

TopDaugIn2000
5/19/2006, 01:20 PM

was the mailman blond?

dolemitesooner
5/19/2006, 01:20 PM
Okay, here's the deal.

She gets her final grade on-line in micro-economics. "F" :eek:

Even to her, that strikes her as odd since she believed she had done okay on the final. In fact, the d00d sitting next to her must have thought so too because she busted him trying to copy from her test (this becomes important later.)

Anyhoo, she calls mama and freaks. Mama doesn't tell daddy because...well, you know.

Mama advises her to contact prof and discuss. She does. He asks, "what was the color of your exam?" She replies "yellow." Conversation ends.

After much nail-biting, the next day she checks econ. grade on-line and now its a "B". She didn't check her e-mail for a note from the prof before she remarked to herself applying blonde logic: "Holy Sh1t! Is it that easy to get a grade changed. I gotta try that more often!" -- this was recounted to mama immediately after the new grade was posted. I was still left out of the loop

Of course, daughter found out later when she read the econ. prof's e-mail, what really happened was this: he gave out three versions of the exam printed on yellow, blue or white paper. He had mistakenly used the "blue" answer key when grading her "yellow" exam.

No word on how copying-boy did on his exam, but suffice to say, his test was a different color from daughter's.:D

That is all.

I'd hit it

soonerhubs
5/19/2006, 01:21 PM
I hate economics. Just sayin...

NormanPride
5/19/2006, 01:23 PM
I'd hit it

You'd hit cottage cheese. Not sayin' that's a bad thing, just... y'know. Perspective.

:D

dolemitesooner
5/19/2006, 01:24 PM
You'd hit cottage cheese. Not sayin' that's a bad thing, just... y'know. Perspective.

WHy do you hate me:O

Vaevictis
5/19/2006, 01:28 PM

'ware the dolemite carrying a cantelope and a drill in the general direction of a microwave .

bri
5/19/2006, 01:30 PM

Could you f*ck a glove filled with jelly?

Yeah, you could...I mean, that's just disturbing, but yeah. You could f*ck a glove full of jelly.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/19/2006, 01:30 PM
Now Now, we know how Vince got a better grade the second time he took the Wonderlick test......It involved lots of blowing!

Scott D
5/19/2006, 01:34 PM

sounds like my mom..she was blonde until she was about 13 or so, then her hair darkened to brown (no blondes in her fam either). Of course since her late 30s she's been dying it a reddish brown that ends up bleaching out blondish so I tease her about it.

olevetonahill
5/19/2006, 01:57 PM
I'd hit it
Youd hit the "copying boy " ? :eek:

BeetDigger
5/19/2006, 02:17 PM
was the mailman blond?

I am wondering that myself. We lived in an apartment at the time while I was going to grad school. I am trying to remember if any of the tenents were blond. :D

Vaevictis
5/19/2006, 02:21 PM
I would post a picture of Fabio at this point, but for now, I will refrain from ghey'ing up this thread.