PDA

View Full Version : other Baressi bro may come to OU...

OUstudent4life
5/18/2006, 06:10 PM
didn't see it posted...

http://newsok.com/article/1847486/?template=sports/main

Linemen are nice. :D

jccouger
5/18/2006, 08:37 PM
copy/paste please.

Need to be a member to view

OUstudent4life
5/18/2006, 08:48 PM
besides missing his brother, the title really says it all. That, and this:

“I’m probably 80 percent going to play and walk on, if that’s what they want me to do, 20 percent get a job,’’ Baressi said. “Right now, I just need a little break to get myself in order and get my affairs in order.’’

Baressi said he left Arizona in good academic standing.

goingoneight
5/18/2006, 09:31 PM
So how big-a-boy is he?

Rhino
5/18/2006, 10:47 PM
Joe was about 20 lbs heavier than Ben coming out of high school.

Ben was said to be the better of the two.

Jimminy Crimson
5/18/2006, 11:57 PM
Joe has more hearing than Ben right now. :O

They're good kids. Really nice family and all that jazz.

This also is a sign that it might take a little bit longer for UofA to get things going.

We'll see...

proud gonzo
5/19/2006, 12:18 AM
http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/8_ugly_people.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
5/19/2006, 05:40 AM
What! Fire AZ's strength and conditioning coach...Fire Stoops, he obviously runs off linemen and can't keep recruits! ;)

Legendarybud
5/19/2006, 08:12 PM
Last year on the day before the Spring Game, I was in Norman visiting friends. As a gift to me, arrangements were made for me to be met by Coach Merv Johnson as I entered the Switzer Center who then conducted me on a two hour tour of the behind the scenes of the Switzer Center. It was an experience I will never forget. As I was standing in the rehab area, I met Ben Baressi who was sitting on a table having his ankles taped. When he jumped off the table, I was stunned at how big he was for just being a high school senior. He was a most polite young man as were the other players I met that day. It was a day I will never forget, and I have always been grateful to those who made it happen.

birddog
5/20/2006, 01:41 AM
Last year on the day before the Spring Game, I was in Norman visiting friends. As a gift to me, arrangements were made for me to be met by Coach Merv Johnson as I entered the Switzer Center who then conducted me on a two hour tour of the behind the scenes of the Switzer Center. It was an experience I will never forget. As I was standing in the rehab area, I met Ben Baressi who was sitting on a table having his ankles taped. When he jumped off the table, I was stunned at how big he was for just being a high school senior. He was a most polite young man as were the other players I met that day. It was a day I will never forget, and I have always been grateful to those who made it happen.
pretty cool place to see all that history...and ALL those trophies.:D

meoveryouxinfinity
5/20/2006, 11:09 AM
the Baressi boys are awesome, i've seen them in action at a HS game..

they really brought the crowd into the game and the rest of the players got pumped seing them interact with eachother

Flagstaffsooner
5/20/2006, 02:05 PM
Cat Board (http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=48870)

OUstud
5/20/2006, 04:22 PM
They went to my HS.

Legendarybud
5/20/2006, 09:00 PM
Again I see all red comments. So guess it's time for me to quit. It was still neat meeting Ben and others. My mistake was in ever deciding to share the experience, but it was such a neat day. I wasn't taken on the private tour because I am anybody special, but only because of the kindness of my hostess and the connection I have with OU which is evident in my user name.

I hope we have a great season. Thanks for letting me part of your board if only for a little while. Best wishes always.

soonerhubs
5/21/2006, 03:50 PM
Again I see all red comments. So guess it's time for me to quit. It was still neat meeting Ben and others. My mistake was in ever deciding to share the experience, but it was such a neat day. I wasn't taken on the private tour because I am anybody special, but only because of the kindness of my hostess and the connection I have with OU which is evident in my user name.

I hope we have a great season. Thanks for letting me part of your board if only for a little while. Best wishes always.
I just gave you a green. It's just a noob thing. Don't sweat it so much. Enjoy the posts and keep posting. I like your posts, so just relax and tell us about your experiences as a soonerfan.

Besides red, green, or blue Spek means absolutely nothing.

soonerloyal
5/21/2006, 05:42 PM
Baressi brothers may join forces at OU

By John Helsley
The Oklahoman

The Baressi brothers may join forces after all at Oklahoma.
Joe Baressi has left Arizona and is considering joining his twin brother Ben at OU.

Offensive linemen, the Baressi brothers were top 50 line recruits at Edmond North in 2004, but went separate ways in deciding their college destinations. Joe redshirted this past season at Arizona, while Ben redshirted with the Sooners.

Joe declined to detail his reasons for leaving the Wildcats, but said that reuniting with his brother was at least partly behind his return home.

“It was a hard thing leaving my brother in the first place,’’ Joe said. “I finally realized my opportunities were better here in Oklahoma. Nothing against the coaches there, I wish them all luck. I hope they do really well.’’

Baressi said he hasn’t yet talked to OU coaches about joining the Sooners, but hopes to meet with Bob Stoops, offensive line coach James Patton and strength and conditioning coach Jerry Schmidt soon.

“I plan to go up there and talk to coach Bob Stoops and coach Patton and coach Schmitty about the chances of walking on and what the situation would be,’’ Baressi said.

“I’m definitely going to do that.’’

Baressi, however, isn’t as definite about playing again.

“I’m probably 80 percent going to play and walk on, if that’s what they want me to do, 20 percent get a job,’’ Baressi said. “Right now, I just need a little break to get myself in order and get my affairs in order.’’

Baressi said he left Arizona in good academic standing.

jccouger
5/21/2006, 06:09 PM
So, if we decide to give him a scholarhsip this will just take away from the 12 scholarships we can give out next year.

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 07:39 PM
I just gave you a green. It's just a noob thing. Don't sweat it so much. Enjoy the posts and keep posting. I like your posts, so just relax and tell us about your experiences as a soonerfan.

Besides red, green, or blue Spek means absolutely nothing.Yeah, don't sweat it.:texan:

King Crimson
5/21/2006, 08:46 PM
play or don't play, walk-on or schollie...... get a college degree Joe.

snp
5/22/2006, 02:53 AM
Cat Board (http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=48870)

They don't care for you much over there at that board, eh?

Oh well, f em.