PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Post-Spring-Pre-Season Predictions

HoustonPowercat
5/18/2006, 03:45 PM
Here are my predictions for the upcoming season...

2006 Post-Spring-Pre-Season Big 12 Predictions (http://ksucollegefootball.blogspot.com/2006/05/2006-post-spring-pre-season.html)

KyleUT
5/18/2006, 04:07 PM
Switch Tech and A&M (and records) in the south, and I don't have much of a problem with your list. I think we beat OU, but I don't begrudge anyone's opinion to the contrary.

Tech is going to be much improved on the defense, they won't score 70 points a game with their new QB, but they're not going to give up 40+ nearly every game either. Our game in Lubbock concerns me greatly.

KyleUT
5/18/2006, 04:08 PM
Oh, one more thing...Baylor doesn't go winless. They jump up and bite the Ags or OSu in the south and one or two of their north opponents (not sure who they play). Baylor's not the dregs anymore...they're not up to even respectable levels yet, but they're not horrible.

BASSooner
5/18/2006, 04:11 PM
Switch Tech and A&M (and records) in the south, and I don't have much of a problem with your list. I think we beat OU, but I don't begrudge anyone's opinion to the contrary.

Tech is going to be much improved on the defense, they won't score 70 points a game with their new QB, but they're not going to give up 40+ nearly every game either. Our game in Lubbock concerns me greatly.
I'm not being biased but I can disagree with this. This will be VERY close. I think OU pulls a victory from texas due to QB inexperience.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
5/18/2006, 04:42 PM
i think texas wins the south at 7-1. i also think that every b12 south team has a winning record against the b12 north.

Tear Down This Wall
5/18/2006, 04:48 PM
Dude, I like what your wrote...if Bill Snyder was still KSU's coach. I'm one of the few here that never bashed the Wildcats, but your football coach hire was as iffy as our basketball coach hire.

SicEmBaylor
5/18/2006, 05:10 PM
I was almost dead on about our record last year, so I'll give it another shot this year...

The North is so freaking up for grabs it's really hard to make any solid predictions especially with all of the coaching changes but I'm going to say:

Nebraska
Iowa State
Kansas State
Colorado
Missouri
Kansas

South
OU
UT
Tech
Baylor
aTm
OSU

Our Schedule:
TCU - Leaning toward a Loss but I think we have a chance.
Northwestern State - Win
Washington State - Loss
Army - Win
Kansas State - Loss
Colorado - Win
Texas - Loss
Kansas - Win
Texas A&M - Win
Texas Tech - Loss
Oklahoma State - Win
Oklahoma - Loss

6 win season and we go bowling. No chance in hell we go winless.

melbitoast
5/18/2006, 05:31 PM
At least the guy admitted to being a homer. Here are my thoughts:

KSU 6-2 9-3 (not sure about this. north is weak enough, but i think they lose at least 3 in conf.)
NU 5-3 8-4 (much improved. will go 7-1 and win north)
CU 4-4 6-6 (agree pretty much. they win 5 in conf. TT is toss up for 6th win)
ISU 3-5 6-6 (agree here.)
KU 2-6 6-6 (Def is still solid. Should win at least 4 conf.)
MU 2-6 6-6 (close. change conf to 3-5 with non-conf toss up with Ole Miss; could win 6, could win 5)

OU 8-0 11-1 (hard to argue. I think we beat Oregon in a close one though)
UT 7-1 10-2 (Depending on QB adjustment, could lose 3 conf games and go 8-4)
TAMU 5-3 9-3 (NO WAY. Defense still sucks win lose at least 5 conf games and may go under .500)
TTU 3-5 7-5 (good D; same system; they win at least 8 with 2 swing games at CU and at ISU)
OSU 3-5 7-5 (win 5 definitely; 2 swing games at KSU and at KU - i think KU wins)
BU 0-8 3-9 (i see BU flirting with .500 but falling short; probably 2-2 non-conf, and could beat KSU, A&M and OSU)

goingoneight
5/18/2006, 09:19 PM
[the artist formerly known as NickZeppelin]
UAB is going to be much improved = L
Washington = Well, it's at home is all I can say
Oregon = definite loss, we shoulda lost the HB
Middle Tennessee = We'll struggle to keep OUr heads above water
:texan: Defending National Champs smoke us again, too much to doubt about OU's chances
Iowa State = Just missed the BIG 12 North Title in 2005, since Colorado was such a clear favorite in 2005 B12 Title Game, the'll beat us badly.
Colorado = Just look at the way they played in 2005, I mean... dude! They totally went to a bowl = 70/30 L/W
Missouri = We should have OUr act together by now... OU wins 14-10 in triple-overtime
aTm = Kyle Field, College Station... we're doomed!
T Tech = Since we *lost* last year, we lose this year. T Tech defense is too good for Bob Stoops
Baylor = need I say more? Double-overtime in Norman, on homecoming night? B12 favorites for sure, duh... we lose to Baylor in Waco. Just look what they did to Okie State!
Speaking of Okie State = we'll lose to them in Stillwater, as they are SO dominant there.
[the artist formerly known as NickZeppelin]

If that don't get ya ready for CFB, I dunno what will!

Mr. Nuke
5/18/2006, 09:40 PM
6 win season and we go bowling. No chance in hell we go winless.
I'll agree with that Baylor will get a few conference wins. From the Original list flip A&M and Tech in the south. For the North I can agree at this point it is wide open. That being said, Powercat I know you are a K-State fan, but I don't see any arguement for a 2-6 team with a "legend" for a coach going 6-2 with a new system and a coach getting his first experience taking the reins of a program.

Duke o Brewery
5/19/2006, 01:32 AM
Some predictable predictons:

The Sooners go 11-1 with an unexpected and sickeningly close loss at A&M. We'll stop one of Fran's trix, get burned on another one, and we'll use one of our own, but they'll get lucky on a game deciding first down. We go on to win the Big 12 title and our BCS Bowl, whichever it may be.

Baylor wins 2 conference games over Ksu and either Colorado or A&M and end up at 5-7, missing out on a bowl by less than a touchdown.

OSU rebounds somewhat using its weak noncon schedule and goes 5-7 or 6-6.

The whorns will be 10-2 with losses to OU and tOSU and yes, they'll still suck.

The Jayhawks go 8-4 and miss out on the North title by losing to Neb and thus losing out when the two have identical conference records.

Nebraska goes 7-5 (USC shows them 'West Coast') and loses badly to OU in the conference title game.

Tech goes 8-4 and is 3rd in the South...they'll miss Henderson.

The Aggies go 6-6 and make a crappy bowl thus saving Fran's jorb.

Colorado's 'schedule of doom' boots the buffs to the tune of 4-8 or 5-7 if they're REALLY lucky.

K-state mildcats: 5-7. Prince has trouble taking the emperor's throne.

Iowa State rides good QB play to a... 4-8 record. It's not going to be pretty.

Missouri will be 4-8 and will ushur out Pinkel.

Brophog
5/19/2006, 03:38 AM
I was almost dead on about our record last year, so I'll give it another shot this year...

The North is so freaking up for grabs it's really hard to make any solid predictions especially with all of the coaching changes but I'm going to say:

Nebraska
Iowa State
Kansas State
Colorado
Missouri
Kansas

You have seen ISU and KU's schedules, right? ISU is 1-11 since the Big12 formed against OU/TT/Tex. KU has the easiest schedule in the conference.

Brophog
5/19/2006, 03:40 AM
That being said, Powercat I know you are a K-State fan, but I don't see any arguement for a 2-6 team with a "legend" for a coach going 6-2 with a new system and a coach getting his first experience taking the reins of a program.

You're not alone, but don't tell the kitties that.

SoonerJedi
5/19/2006, 02:45 PM
Here are my predictions for the upcoming season...

2006 Post-Spring-Pre-Season Big 12 Predictions (http://ksucollegefootball.blogspot.com/2006/05/2006-post-spring-pre-season.html)

I disagree with several points, so why not respond.

1. There are clear leaders in the North this year. Nebraska will be the leader. Iowa State and Colorado are the closest competitors. (everyone keeps predicting the death of the Colorado program, and yet it keeps winning the North).

2. Missouri won't win a conference game this year. Kansas and KSU are very even.

3. Texas A&M wasn't good even when they were promoting the idea that they had a heisman candidate for a QB. Now he’s gone and there is no reason to think they are ready to compete with Texas Tech. In fact, Baylor has a good shot at beating them again this year.

4. Oklahoma State may be the only team worse than Missouri.

5. Oklahoma will probably beat Oregon … if it looses it is likely to come from Texas Tech or some other team it should be way better than.

6. You have the North winning an equal number of head-to-head matchups with the South. When was the last time that happened? I predict the north will be won by the only team with a winning conference record.

LoyalFan
5/19/2006, 03:38 PM
PowerPheline,

You state that losses to Ohio State and OU will knock YooTee outta the Big 12 race. So, um...when did OhEssYew leave the Big Eleven to join the Large Dozen? Whom did we kick out? Isn't Columbus to Collitch Stashun sort of a long commute? What is the meaning of life?
Answers! I demand answers!!!

Just axin'

LoyalFan

SoonerDood
5/19/2006, 09:09 PM
11 of 12 teams go at least 6-6? I'm thinking no.

melbitoast
2/19/2007, 10:58 PM
here's the old thread for those who posted their predictions on here last year