PDA

View Full Version : Taylor's transgressions latest fodder for rival fans

milesl
5/18/2006, 11:53 AM
http://newsok.com/article/1846015/

Badjocks.com got another entry earlier this week, and Oklahoma football fans are busy spreading the word.
According to police reports:

Texas sophomore running back Ramonce Taylor went to a party late last Saturday at a pecan farm in Little River near his hometown of Belton, Texas, north of Austin.

There was alcohol at the party, and people there provoked a fight. They demanded Taylor leave and used a racial slur.

Taylor's back window was broken during the fight. He dialed 911 and agreed to meet police at a local convenience store.

Meanwhile, back on the farm, deputies were told Taylor had made threats to get a firearm and return to the party.

Taylor denied having a gun and allowed police to search his vehicle.

Inside Taylor's Tahoe, police noticed a strong odor of marijuana, a .40 caliber round of ammunition and marijuana inside a black backpack with "Big 12 Conference" stitched on it.

Taylor was charged with a state jail felony charge of possession of marijuana over 4 ounces and under 5 pounds and was released from jail on $5,000 bond. A state felony is punishable by up to two years in state jail and a $10,000 fine.

State District Judge Martha Trudo ordered Taylor to undergo drug-and-alcohol testing every other week starting Monday.

Taylor, who led the national champion Longhorns in all-purpose yardage last season, was not on the roster this spring because of academic problems. He did not go with the team to the White House, nor to the team's ring's ceremony.

Taylor remains on scholarship, but is not on the team, pending the outcome of this case.

Taylor's lawyer, Robert Buck Harris, said of his client: "He's not hiding the ball. If he's carrying five pounds of marijuana, either he's the stupidest person alive or he thinks he's bulletproof."

Or both.

Harris said the marijuana didn't belong to Taylor but to one of three other people in the vehicle.

Taylor family members said the unfired .40 caliber bullet is a war heirloom given to Taylor by his grandfather.

Taylor's guilt or innocence makes no difference to OU fans, who no doubt will use that ammo as ammo for ridicule.

"Less than five months ago, he was king of the mountain," Harris said of Taylor. "And today, he's just another young man in trouble."

Meanwhile, UT message boards continue to attack Dusty Dvoracek and Rhett Bomar for their recent transgressions.

The Red River Rivalry never rests.

TexasLidig8r
5/18/2006, 12:01 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!???

I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!!!!

WHY DIDN'T THIS SITE HAVE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BEFORE NOW!!!??

:eek:

:rolleyes:

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/18/2006, 12:21 PM
Dusty ? what did he do lately ?

yermom
5/18/2006, 12:46 PM
yeah, Rhett's MIPs look horrible next to 5 lbs of weed :rolleyes:

Dusty was kicked off the team, admitted to a problem, fixed it, and earned his way back... what is there to talk about?

"way to go Sooners, hope you enjoy having reformed former players on an NFL roster"

starrca23
5/18/2006, 12:48 PM
Oh my gosh!! Texas won the national title? I wish some Hook 'em would get on here and put that on their signature in a cute little orange font so I would have known!!!

TexasLidig8r
5/18/2006, 06:32 PM
Oh my gosh!! Texas won the national title? I wish some Hook 'em would get on here and put that on their signature in a cute little orange font so I would have known!!!

Ask and ye shall receive.

See how easy it is?

Rogue
5/18/2006, 07:11 PM
Taylor family members said the unfired .40 caliber bullet is a war heirloom given to Taylor by his grandfather.

Yup, and my Pa gave me that ipod as a reminder of days gone by. Back when I was but a wee laddy.

I was holding that weed for Granny.

Why don't you go an find some kid at a ball game sippin' beer out of a coke cup and leave us hard working family men alone?

goingoneight
5/18/2006, 09:30 PM
So now drunk college kids are worse than gangster college kids with (not technically) five punds of weed (five pounds is intent to distribute, no matter who you are or what you think) and ammunition at the site of a fight.

I'm gonna have to take law again to figure this one out...

Octavian
5/18/2006, 09:41 PM
hang him ;)