PDA

View Full Version : Horsepigs go away

budbarrybob
5/18/2006, 03:02 AM
lets see the horsepigs go away for good...

It would call for some collusion with the mascots; however, I would love to see them ponys do a rendition of JARHEAD (the movie) and do a "Fielld F__K" on the 50 yd line. You can include your other most hated mascots in with the mix. Such as the mutt from A&M etc. That i'm sure would so badly tarnish the horsepigs that we would thankfully never see them again.

any other ideas?:rolleyes:

LoyalFan
5/18/2006, 09:31 AM
I agree with most here that the "Horsepigs" gotta go. I'll bet, however, that unless Prez Boren sanctions some sort of referendum on the matter we are stuck with them. If they were arbitrarily sent to the dog chow plant, we'd have tearful children, outraged moms, and maybe even PETA up our spouts.

On the other hand I LIKE the ATM doggie. The story of how Reveille came to be the mascot is a touching one and the dog is an important part of Aggie tradition. Let's face it, ATM does have some deep and inspiring traditions.
NO university, unless you factor in, percentage-wise, West Point and Annapolis, has given so many of her sons (and now daughters as well) to the service of this nation as has Texas A&M.

I still get a thrill when the Bugle Rank of the Aggie Band sounds "Recall" as their marching miracle begins. Just ask the Pride OR the Prancing Whorns to emulate that drill and there'd be broken bones and bent horns all over the turf.

I love the Pride but, if you took a poll among college football fans as to whose drills they'd prefer to watch each Saturday in the Fall, the Aggie Band's or our beloved bunch, the Aggies would win hands-down.

Nope, I'm not an Aggie. I'm a devoted Sooner fan, but also someone who doesn't denigrate the honorable traditions of rival schools. (Well, 'cept maybe you know whom.)

LoyalFan
Forwarrrrrrrrrrd