PDA

View Full Version : Rita Rudner sux

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2006, 11:12 PM
HBO comedy insists on showing Rita Rudner specials everyday...I dont think she has ever said anything funny...I subscribe to all these friggin channels and there is nothing on....There is so many movies to pick from but yet this is what I get....Rita Friggin Rudner...

AllAboutThe'O'
5/17/2006, 11:21 PM
I was kind of partial to Kevin Meaney myself........

"Get that puss off your face. You're not walking around this house with that puss on."

"That's not right. Walking around the house with a big puss on your face, that's not right. You're like a crazy person."

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2006, 11:26 PM
I always enjoy the George Carlin shows...

critical_phil
5/17/2006, 11:29 PM
also not funny: paul reiser, richard lewis, d.l. hughley, and richard belzer.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2006, 11:31 PM
Richard Lewis is another one.....how do these people get famous?

soonerjoker
5/18/2006, 09:37 AM
i like Rita Rudner & think she's funny. it's in the eyes & ears of
beholder.

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 09:49 AM
I like her. she's funny.

critical_phil
5/18/2006, 10:02 AM
is unfunny the new funny???

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2006, 10:04 AM
is unfunny the new funny???

I guess so.....

opksooner
5/18/2006, 10:24 AM
She's funny.

I have spoken.

sooneron
5/18/2006, 11:14 AM
I would say she's somewhat witty. Not bust a gut funny, tho.

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 11:17 AM
one of my all time favorite HBO comedy specials is Ellen's "Here and Now". Has me rolling on the floor laughing every time. I even bought it on DVD and STILL watch it when I need a good laugh.

"Pickle claw....toilet paper claw"

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2006, 11:19 AM
Ellen's "here and now" was funny....

Of course you cant go wrong with redneck humor either...

sooneron
5/18/2006, 11:19 AM
Is that the one where she comments on how people stumble and try to cover it up by going into a jog of some sorts?

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 11:21 AM
yup.

and how we load up on food at the movie theatre like we're crossing the saharas. hehehehe

"I'll have a hot dog, a couple of pretzels, milk duds, jujubees, is that the largest popcorn you have? that bucket? ok. Oh, and a Diet Coke"

sooneron
5/18/2006, 11:25 AM
That was a pretty funny special.

critical_phil
5/18/2006, 11:30 AM
wow, i guess i don't know funny. next thing i know, someone will tell me Gallagher is funny.

or carrot top, whoopi goldberg, lilly tomlin, eddie izzard, andy milonakis, margaret cho, bob saget, howie mandel, robin williams, pauly shore, paul rodriquez, dat phan, louie anderson, paula poundstone, yakov smirnoff, george lopez, ant......

i could go on, ya know............

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 11:32 AM
Oh God I LOVE eddie izzard. "Dressed to Kill" is funny

"Cake or death??"

"Ummm, I'll take the cake"

Scott D
5/18/2006, 11:40 AM
wow, i guess i don't know funny. next thing i know, someone will tell me Gallagher is funny.

or carrot top, whoopi goldberg, lilly tomlin, eddie izzard, andy milonakis, margaret cho, bob saget, howie mandel, robin williams, pauly shore, paul rodriquez, dat phan, louie anderson, paula poundstone, yakov smirnoff, george lopez, ant......

you say richard jeni or sam kinison you die.

critical_phil
5/18/2006, 11:41 AM
how could i forget richard jeni?

yep, not funny.............

Mjcpr
5/18/2006, 11:41 AM
Sam Kinnison was in no way funny.

Scott D
5/18/2006, 11:44 AM
rita rudner isn't funny...she can rarely be mildly amusing..but that's about the extent of it.

sooneron

"Cake or death??"

Yep and Williams' special that put him on the map back in 83 was greatness.

1stTimeCaller
Sam Kinnison was in no way funny.
what? this isn't funny "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

sooneron
5/18/2006, 11:45 AM
what? this isn't funny "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
That's Bobcat

Sam was more of an "OOOOoooooh!OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooh!@"

1stTimeCaller
5/18/2006, 11:46 AM
All I remember him doing is yelling and screaming. Both he and Bobcat. But Bobcat gets points for his Oscar-worthy performances in Police Academy. Sam lost points in Back to School.

Scott D
5/18/2006, 11:48 AM
yeah but Sam released Wild Thing and Mississippi Queen as singles.

Mjcpr
5/18/2006, 12:33 PM

Oh God, my side!! :rolleyes:

He sucks......er, sucked.

I guess you all know he's buried in Tulsa, right?

NormanPride
5/18/2006, 12:37 PM

"Cake or death??"

"I like my women like I like my coffee... covered in bees..." :D Genius.

Pricetag
5/18/2006, 12:37 PM

"Cake or death??"

Yep. My brother and I watched that thing over and over the very first time it hit HBO, the summer of '99, I think. At any rate, some friends came over and it happened to be on, so we figured everyone would get a kick out of it. Nope. They just didn't get it.

Czar Soonerov
5/18/2006, 03:46 PM
The other night I was watching "Family Guy" The dog & the kid (Stewy?) glued there hands together and the solvent took an hour to work. The dog said "what can we do that takes an hour?" Stewy said "We could watch 5 minutes of Rita Rudner's stand up act." That cracked me up, as I don't much care for Rita Rudner either. When we stayed at New York New York in Vegas I wanted to strangle her by the end of our trip. They continuously play her on the sound system talking about her show. ugh

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2006, 10:29 PM
Im sorry but i forgot the king of not funny: jimmy fallon

critical_phil
8/18/2007, 11:49 PM

add bill maher to that list.

GottaHavePride
8/18/2007, 11:55 PM
Man, I'm with you on most of that list, but Eddie Izzard? Eddie Izzard is flippin' awesome. I laugh more at Eddie Izzard than I do at Mitch Hedberg.

critical_phil
8/19/2007, 12:04 AM
I laugh more at Eddie Izzard than I do at Mitch Hedberg.

does not compute.

o.k. i won't take him off the list, but i'll admit that one is more personal opinion. I don't find him funny.

and i've tried. i watched a 1 hour special on BBC within the past year, and i still didn't laugh. it's kind of like me and beets, i eat them every couple of years just to make sure i still don't like them.

and i will fight the person who tries to make a case for george lopez being funny.

and add carlos mencia to that list.

Scott D
8/19/2007, 12:33 AM
and add carlos mencia to that list.

carlos mencia will have a rebuttle to that, once another comic writes it.

critical_phil
8/19/2007, 12:45 AM
carlos mencia will have a rebuttle to that, once another comic writes it.

i'll make sure his rebuttal gets forwarded to joe rogan.

1stTimeCaller
8/19/2007, 06:19 AM
Carlos Mencia was funny, when he was a black guy named Chris Rock.

opksooner
8/19/2007, 10:50 AM
She's funny.

I have spoken.

I have spoken again.

GottaHavePride
8/19/2007, 11:51 AM
does not compute.
Heh. I wasn't knocking Mitch Hedberg either - he was a funny, funny bastard before he died. The British humor is hilarious if you get the references they use. It's one of those where if you don't like Eddie Izzard, I'm betting you're not much of a Monty Python fan, either, and you probably didn't like A Fish Called Wanda. (Just a guess - they're all the same style of humor.)

critical_phil
8/19/2007, 01:02 PM
It's one of those where if you don't like Eddie Izzard, I'm betting you're not much of a Monty Python fan, either, and you probably didn't like A Fish Called Wanda. (Just a guess - they're all the same style of humor.)

well, my digital cable is tuned to 176 (BBCA) when i turn it on. i like a lot of monty python, and AFCW was deliriously funny.

it's eddie izzard that i don't get. the ziggy stardust meets lily tomlin bit does nothing for me.

but let's focus on the thing that we can agree upon:

CARLOS MENCIA BLOWS GOATS.

soonerloyal
8/19/2007, 02:12 PM
I dunno...Whoopi Goldberg's first HBO Special when she first started out was farking HI-larious. She could drown in a vat of her own bile now for all I care, but that first show was definitely worth watching. "Shooo-be-do-be-dooo, be-do-be-doooo-mutha******-a...a-do-be-do..." I'd like to have that on DVD.

If anyone seriously told me to my face that Shore and Saget were comedians, I'd throw up on yer shoes. Egad.

GottaHavePride
8/19/2007, 05:08 PM
well, my digital cable is tuned to 176 (BBCA) when i turn it on. i like a lot of monty python, and AFCW was deliriously funny.

it's eddie izzard that i don't get. the ziggy stardust meets lily tomlin bit does nothing for me.

but let's focus on the thing that we can agree upon:

CARLOS MENCIA BLOWS GOATS.

Heh. Not the first time I've been wrong, then.

Pricetag
8/20/2007, 11:23 AM
I caught a little bit of a new Robert Klein show on HBO the other day, and from what I can tell, his entire show now revolves around erectile dysfunction.

Jeopardude
8/20/2007, 03:24 PM
The King of Unfunny is Dane Cook.

TexasLidig8r
8/20/2007, 03:44 PM
you know... I come here to be amused.. to take a little bit of humor with me from THIS SITE.. to sustain an existence taxed by the "Oh woe" existence exhibited by most attorneys and judges.. and this thread... 3 pages so far.. and not one... NOT ONE.. of you mentioned whether you "would or not"

http://www.jacneed.com/PhotoFile/Rita_Rudner.jpg

Flippin' hillbillies..... :rolleyes: