PDA

View Full Version : Macarena's on 12th and Santa Fe in Moore

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/17/2006, 06:47 PM
I'll admit I was hesitant to eat dinner at a place called Macarena's, but this place was really good. Everything is homemade including the veggie relish and the salsa. I had a shrimp dish that was very yummy.

It's on the corner next to GFF.

Okla-homey
5/17/2006, 06:50 PM
I'll admit I was hesitant to eat dinner at a place called Macarena's, but this place was really good. Everything is homemade including the veggie relish and the salsa. I had a shrimp dish that was very yummy.

I wonder if the the service staff have to "do" la Macarena when patrons have birthdays and stuff cuz that would be cool in a sick and twisted kinda way.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/17/2006, 10:43 PM
I dunno. I expected it to be a little gringoish with a name like that, but it seemed pretty authentic.

Jimminy Crimson
5/17/2006, 11:18 PM
Just don't go to the new place that thinks prohibition is still in effect in that new shopping center in front of the drainage pond thingie.

A messican restaurant without margaritas or cerveca? WTH is the point of eating the food if you can't have one of those drinks to warsh it down?

Ignorant fricks! :rolleyes:

critical_phil
5/17/2006, 11:26 PM

i'm pretty sure it's Macarrena's.

i've eaten there a couple of times since i got back home. it's pretty good. i'll ditto the above remarks about the salsa and relish. i give the beef chiminichangas 3 stars.

Jimminy Crimson
5/17/2006, 11:30 PM
There's also a new messican place in the old Charlie's Chicken in Norman, in front of Lowe's.

Something like Texmazcal? :confused:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/17/2006, 11:43 PM
well jimminy you will be happy to know they serve cerveza here. Dunno about margaritas.

In some little town near Texoma we had Mexican food last week. The food was good, but they made their margaritas out of Bacardi Silver.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2006, 11:47 PM
The last time I went to Casa bonitas, the mexican guitarist guy played Macerena on his geetar....new they couldnt stay in business long after that

Jimminy Crimson
5/17/2006, 11:49 PM
The food was good, but they made their margaritas out of Bacardi Silver.

So instead of margaritas, I guess that'd make them lime daquiris.

:les: FALSE ADVERTISING!!!

KaiserSooner
5/18/2006, 12:04 AM
Hmm. I might have to check it out.

Penguin
5/18/2006, 05:39 AM
http://www.mtxstarship.com/parasites/pictures/animated/dance-macarena.gif

Taxman71
5/18/2006, 08:54 AM
Just don't go to the Chelino's in bricktown. If you aren't hispanic the old lady waitresses would rather spit in your drink than give you something.

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 08:58 AM
There's also a new messican place in the old Charlie's Chicken in Norman, in front of Lowe's.

Something like Texmazcal? :confused:

I really like Charlie's Chicken. I think it's the location that doomed them. I just wonder if this new place will make it. (I didn't know anything new was there)

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 09:00 AM
I really like Los Dos Amigos in Pauls Valley. It opened here in January. We got there for lunch at least once a week. Their beef fajitas (lunch portion is $5.95 and more than enough) RMFFO! Everything is homemade there too.

Taxman71
5/18/2006, 09:51 AM
I really like Charlie's Chicken. I think it's the location that doomed them. I just wonder if this new place will make it. (I didn't know anything new was there)

I think a normal sit-down place can make it there. Fast food, however, needs to be on a main street with high traffic.

Beano's Fourth Chin
5/18/2006, 10:03 AM
I'm boycotting Moore. Festering cesspool that it is.

I wish they'd route I-35 about 50 miles out of the way so I could avoid it alltogether. I hate having to shower just because some nubtz highway planner thought it was a great idea to lay the road down as a straight line between Norman and OKC.

I guarantee I roll up my windows and set the A/C on recirculate when I drive that stretch. It makes it almost bearable.

Hatfield
5/18/2006, 10:07 AM
I went to a rest. in weatherford one time....it was a mexican joint called Alfredo's that didn't serve alcohol.

so we got up and went down the street to the steak joint.

moral of the story is to never trust a mexican joint with an italian name that doesn't serve hooch

critical_phil
5/18/2006, 10:13 AM

I wish they'd route I-35 about 50 miles out of the way so I could avoid it alltogether. I hate having to shower just because some nubtz highway planner thought it was a great idea to lay the road down as a straight line between Norman and OKC.

I guarantee I roll up my windows and set the A/C on recirculate when I drive that stretch. It makes it almost bearable.

i drove from okc to norman on I35 yesterday. i hadn't been that route since ~ February (i use western). it looks pretty much the same as it did back then. the 12th street exit has been jacked up for about a year now.

driving south on western used to be a well kept secret. with all of the building they're doing in westmoore, and northwest norman, the two will be connected in a few years. that road (western, and probably sante fe) will definitely have to be widened too. i can't wait for that.

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 10:24 AM
I went to a rest. in weatherford one time....it was a mexican joint called Alfredo's that didn't serve alcohol.

so we got up and went down the street to the steak joint.

moral of the story is to never trust a mexican joint with an italian name that doesn't serve hooch

I saw a new mexican joint named alfredo's in Moore as I passed by. I thought it was a weird name for a mex rest.

critical_phil
5/18/2006, 10:26 AM
I saw a new mexican joint named alfredo's in Moore as I passed by. I thought it was a weird name for a mex rest.

it's spanish for Alfred.

yw.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/18/2006, 10:33 AM
I saw a new mexican joint named alfredo's in Moore as I passed by. I thought it was a weird name for a mex rest.that's the one jimminy is complaining about.

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 10:34 AM
that's the one jimminy is complaining about.

thought it might be.

what kind of idiot would eat at a MEXICAN place with an ITALIAN name anyway?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :P

Jimminy Crimson
5/18/2006, 10:43 AM
what kind of mexican place doesn't serve f'n margaritas or beer?

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 10:45 AM

one with an EYE-talian name

IB4OU2
5/18/2006, 10:50 AM

I eat at a non alchohol serving messican restuarant every week and it's one of the best around these parts. Their building is within 200 yards of a school so they can't serve liquor. The wife and I drink margaritas after we eat there though.

Jimminy Crimson
5/18/2006, 10:50 AM
one with an EYE-talian name

fo sho

Dio
5/18/2006, 10:54 AM

Why do you hate Toby Keith?

Hatfield
5/18/2006, 11:16 AM
it's spanish for Alfred.

yw.

actually it is italian for "son of godfather"

Jimminy Crimson
5/18/2006, 11:31 AM
Why do you hate Toby Keith?

Moore hates TK, too.

There used to be a 'home of TK' sign in front of what I think is the community center off the highway.

I think they were pizzed he set up Dreamwalkin' down in Norman, but not enough to change his Blvd or Ave or whatever kind of street it is.

TopDaugIn2000
5/18/2006, 11:34 AM
I can't stand TK. He has a horse ranch here in Pauls Valley. One of my co-workers drives by at least once a day to see if he's out there working. She got all excited one day cause he was working on the fence w/o a shirt on. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimminy Crimson
5/18/2006, 11:38 AM
I can't stand TK. He has a horse ranch here in Pauls Valley. One of my co-workers drives by at least once a day to see if he's out there working. She got all excited one day cause he was working on the fence w/o a shirt on. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you know that he was a roughneck and his daddy was a roughneck, too?

...oo-oo-ooooo?