PDA

View Full Version : RIAA = CRAP

Norm In Norman
5/17/2006, 09:14 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060517/media_nm/media_xm_dc

I will never again buy any type of music that has any connection to the RIAA. I was starting to waver on this after buying maybe 2 CDs in the past 6 or 7 years, and I was even going to buy the new Tool album, but they can all go to hell for all I care.

proud gonzo
5/17/2006, 09:19 AM
that's retarded.

proud gonzo
5/17/2006, 09:20 AM
RIAA, not you Norm.

IronSooner
5/17/2006, 09:25 AM
Guess what RIAA. This is really gonna pi$$ you off: You can "tape" songs from the radio onto magnetic tape and then play it back whenever you want. Worse, they sell these "tapes" in every walmart in America for cheap. And they've been around for 20 years.

Mjcpr
5/17/2006, 09:25 AM
I can honestly say this doesn't bother me in the least.

proud gonzo
5/17/2006, 09:29 AM
Guess what RIAA. This is really gonna pi$$ you off: You can "tape" songs from the radio onto magnetic tape and then play it back whenever you want. Worse, they sell these "tapes" in every walmart in America for cheap. And they've been around for 20 years.
yep. I used to do that all the time. I also used to make copies of cd's on tapes. they can't do a thing to stop that.

oh no! GHP heard some of my sting cd yesterday while I was listening to it but he didn't pay for that music!!! THE HORROR! Sting's going to be in ruins.

yermom
5/17/2006, 09:31 AM
what's next? TiVo?

SCOUT
5/17/2006, 09:33 AM
"Everything is changing and the industry is petrified," said Jay Cooper, an entertainment lawyer.

I think this sentence sums it up pretty well.

Beef
5/17/2006, 09:34 AM
yep. I used to do that all the time. I also used to make copies of cd's on tapes. they can't do a thing to stop that.

oh no! GHP heard some of my sting cd yesterday while I was listening to it but he didn't pay for that music!!! THE HORROR! Sting's going to be in ruins.
Post reported to the RIAA.

GottaHavePride
5/17/2006, 09:58 AM
Heh. The RIAA are a bunch of stupid ****ers, but if their refusal to adapt to modern technology keeps generating lawsuits like this you know what could happen? The recording industry will die, leaving the live musicians to rake in the money. I could live with that.

IronSooner
5/17/2006, 10:14 AM
Would it still be bootlegging to record concerts on your own?

NormanPride
5/17/2006, 10:16 AM
Heh. The RIAA are a bunch of stupid ****ers, but if their refusal to adapt to modern technology keeps generating lawsuits like this you know what could happen? The recording industry will die, leaving the live musicians to rake in the money. I could live with that.

There will always be someone there to pick up the pieces. The big recording companies are stupid, but not stupid enough to die out completely. Plus, most of the music now is manufactured by the record labels anyway. So if anything, we won't get groups like N'Sync and.. um.. P.O.D.? These crappy bands that would not make it unless some bigshot gave them lots of money and had marketing tell everyone it was good.

What the RIAA really needs is to adapt. But, like the energy industry, they want to resist change as much as possible and make life for everyone else hell.

yermom
5/17/2006, 10:35 AM
the artists make pennies on the dollar for CDs anyway... and the damn things cost like $1 to make

they are scared ****less because they know their prices are inflated, technology caught them years ago

all the RIAA is good for is guaranteeing **** music that is overproduced with artists that can't play for **** live

you want to support an artist? see them live

Rhino
5/17/2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.riaa.com/images/logo2.gif = http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/simpsons_roadrage/gamefeatures/grampa.gif

sooneron
5/17/2006, 11:03 AM
http://www.riaa.com/images/logo2.gif = http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/simpsons_roadrage/gamefeatures/grampa.gif

du

jour

Scott D
5/17/2006, 12:15 PM
"...Because XM makes available vast catalogues of music in every genre, XM subscribers will have little need ever again to buy legitimate copies of plaintiffs' sound recordings," the lawsuit says referring to the hand held "Inno" device.

As if the poor quality of the trash they force on people on 'popular' radio and 'music videos' doesn't already give humanity little need to ever again buy legitimate copies of plaintiffs' sound recordings.

BeetDigger
5/17/2006, 12:20 PM
And yet they have not sued Rhapsody. On Rahpsody, I can buy a subscription to listen to any song that I want at any time. In fact, every month they give me 25 songs for free. The only differenece is that my computer is not storing the songs.

Jimminy Crimson
5/17/2006, 12:23 PM
You know, just when I wonder if there is any organization more screwed up than the MLB Players Association, the RIAA does something like this.

slickdawg
5/17/2006, 02:24 PM
It's no longer Tuesday.

I hate the RIAA as much as I hate Texas. Maybe more.

etouffee
5/17/2006, 02:29 PM
i think they're going to lose this suit

NormanPride
5/17/2006, 02:35 PM
Good lord I hope so. The RIAA needs NO more power. This is just like the walkman back in the day, except with XM and a hard drive instead of regular radio and a tape player.

49r
5/17/2006, 04:39 PM
Remember when United Artists was formed to help movie stars better control the production and distribution and (most importantly) the profits of their works?

I can see a day when big name bands do something similar to break away from the RIAA and develop their own internet-based method of music distribution, using maybe podcasting tools, they could promote their tours with free downloads of thier songs. Banner ads on these websites would probably provide more income to the artists than the RIAA could.

That would make me happy...The RIAA is the debbil. I vehemently refuse to ever buy a CD ever again.

Sooner_Bob
5/17/2006, 06:44 PM
So is Launchcast radio next? With the right software you can record songs from there as easy as 1, 2, 3.