PDA

View Full Version : Keith Clark Questions....

The Consumate Showman
5/16/2006, 10:41 PM
Okay. All I've ever heard about Keith is that he is a "bad boy" and that he's dumb as a rock. Now, I don't know Keith and haven't followed his recruitment that close, so I had a couple of questions to see if anyone knew some "stuff" about him:

Is Keith going to qualify? If not, why(GPA, ACT?)

Is he REALLY this BAD kid like I've heard a lot of people depict him as, or is he a pure competitor that wears his heart on his sleeve?

I've seen him play, but not a full game. Does he give 110% or much less?

Thanks guys.

jccouger
5/16/2006, 11:41 PM
Keith has been showing up at my school almost everyday for a while now just "hanging out" because some of his best friends go to my school. He sure isnt concentrating on his studies.

He seems to have a new car now. A chevy avalanche if im not mistaken. Its all blinged out with rims and everything. If that means anything.

He comes to our open gym almost every day we have it. I've played against him quite a few times. If you are expecting him to come into next year and just flat out dominate then you will be sadly mistaken. I'd say hes farely over rated, but then again I dont know how he plays when there is actually something on the line.

He also likes to act a fool. Quite a few times ive seen him drive his car while he sits outside his window.

william_brasky
5/16/2006, 11:53 PM
I did hear that he passed the ACT.

Rhino
5/16/2006, 11:59 PM
He can qualify. The reason why it's even an issue is because he took the ACT late - this past February. Why didn't he take it earlier? Who knows.

First take, didn't do well. In between the first and second take, it was discovered he had a learning disability that made him eligible to take the test untimed. Second take (untimed), he reportedly scored eight points higher on his cumulative, which is an automatic red flag from the NCAA. Hmm...I wonder if taking it untimed had anything to do with the difference in scores? So, basically, he has to retake it in June. If he doesn't score within three points of his last score, he doesn't qualify. If he does, he qualifies.

----
He truly isn't a bad kid. An immature kid, maybe. But not a bad one. I'm one of his biggest critics, but I still think others are way too Debbie Downer on him.

He really played high school ball no different than any oversized 6A Oklahoma high school basketball player before him, he Shaq'd it up and down the court most of the game.

Sometimes he looked put off and disinterested on the court. I still think that solely pertains to high school basketball. When he was in meaningless games, he was disinterested. When he was in big games, he played big.

In the end, his teammates loved him and his coach (although they had their differences) had nothing but praise for him. I think that matters more than anyone thinks. If he was acting like that on the court AND causing internal conflicts on the team, I'd be very concerned. But, still people want to throw him under the bus because THEY don't like how he acts. Meanwhile those same people love players like Taj Gray and Terrell Everett that don't act out on the court, but divide the team internally.

Rhino
5/17/2006, 12:06 AM
He seems to have a new car now. A chevy avalanche if im not mistaken. Its all blinged out with rims and everything. If that means anything. I believe it's a black Tahoe. And he had it for at least a couple months.

He got car jacked sometime last year, so it's not too much of a surprise he got a new car.

jccouger
5/17/2006, 05:27 PM
I believe it's a black Tahoe. And he had it for at least a couple months.

No, I knew he had the Tahoe. Thats why I said he got a new car. Hes driving a different car now.

TopDawg
5/17/2006, 07:32 PM
I did hear that he passed the ACT.

I'm glad to hear he didn't get an "F" on the ACT.

;)

LilSooner
5/17/2006, 08:20 PM
Talked to his mom today and he has qualified and will be on campus next year.

He also got rear ended yesterday so he has a AWESOME new ride.

The Consumate Showman
5/17/2006, 10:00 PM
I don't expect Keith to com ein adn dominat eright off the bat, but I do like it when a kid from Oklahoma that can play nig time ball chooses to go to OU.

Hopefully Capel can get him in line and help him drop the immature attitude. I hope Keith has enough sense to realize the opportunity he has been given and can man-up and focus.

I don't mind him being an intense player, but I also want him to back up what he may say or do.

Good Luck Keith! BOOMER SOONER!

william_brasky
5/17/2006, 10:33 PM
I'm glad to hear he didn't get an "F" on the ACT.

;)

You can go eat some doo-doo. :twinkies:

Total_Ignorance_Hour
5/18/2006, 08:30 AM
From what I've read on the posts, the kid was carjacked and subsequently rear-ended and each time upgraded to a new vehicle. If something else unfortunate happens and he gets another upgrade, the insurance folks need to start asking questions.