jk the sooner fan
5/16/2006, 08:33 PM
agreed

slickdawg
5/16/2006, 09:15 PM
Yep. She's HAWT.

Rogue
5/16/2006, 09:26 PM
Women hate Kat for some reason. I don't know one chick at work or on my street (big Idol fan neighborhood) that likes Kat. Taylor is on auto-pilot from here on out.

Rogue
5/16/2006, 09:27 PM
http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/Predictions.asp

DialIdol has it pretty close right now for 2nd place:

Taylor Hicks 70.179 1.883 -
2-3
Katharine McPhee 64.929 2.042 -
2-3
Elliott Yamin 64.304 2.06

JohnnyMack
5/16/2006, 09:37 PM
If Taylor Hicks doesn't win, I'm stabbing someone in the chest with a pickle fork.

Katharine belongs on Broadway.

Newbomb Turk
5/17/2006, 07:17 AM
If Taylor Hicks doesn't win, I'm stabbing someone in the chest with a pickle fork.

Ouch! :eek:

soonerbrat
5/17/2006, 07:53 AM
Kat oversings everything. she bugs me. the last time i saw her sing was during the elvis show and she was shrieking her final song. she sounded like a Kat in heat.

soonerbrat
5/17/2006, 07:54 AM
so i guess you could say she was "Katerwauling"

Sooner in Tampa
5/17/2006, 07:57 AM
American Idol is dead to me...they can all rot in hell. I don't give a damn who wins.

jk the sooner fan
5/17/2006, 07:58 AM
tough for a girl to sing elvis songs.......i thought she did ok considering what she had to work with

then clive davis gives her another man's song....i thought her second song last nite was pure greatness

i prefer her 'oversinging" to taylor's "epileptic seizure singing" anyday

soonerbrat
5/17/2006, 07:58 AM
are you mad at America for kicking Chris off the show?

soonerbrat
5/17/2006, 08:00 AM
taylor has a much better voice. just don't look at him.

i've always had an aversion to the type of singing that Kat does. it happens a lot in r&b songs and it just bothers me.

jk the sooner fan
5/17/2006, 08:02 AM
taylor has a voice?

i think he's average....he's more of an entertainer than a singer....but that does count....

soonerbrat
5/17/2006, 08:03 AM
you just like Kat cuz she's better looking than taylor.

Sooner in Tampa
5/17/2006, 08:16 AM
are you mad at America for kicking Chris off the show?Yes...and the fact that Elliot is still there...he sings every song EXACTLY THE SAME WAY!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jk the sooner fan
5/17/2006, 08:26 AM
you just like Kat cuz she's better looking than taylor.

no, i like her because she's got a better voice...but taylor is more marketable as an idol winner, and the bottom line is all about $$, so its likely he'll win...

Sooner in Tampa
5/17/2006, 08:30 AM
Taylor has just got to stop dancing dammit. I enjoy his Joe Cocker'esqe performances...once and awhile...but sometimes not so much. And I abhore his dancing skills and little "wooooo" that he is always doing.

slickdawg
5/17/2006, 08:32 AM
They should have AHHHHNOLD announce the winners, and tell the loser

YOU'RE TERMINATED!!

soonerbrat
5/17/2006, 08:47 AM
no, i like her because she's got a better voice...but taylor is more marketable as an idol winner, and the bottom line is all about $$, so its likely he'll win...

she has a better voice? that pitchy, shrieking, oversinging voice?

soonerbrat
5/17/2006, 08:47 AM
good lord, how many admins do we have now?

Sooner in Tampa
5/17/2006, 08:56 AM
good lord, how many admins do we have now?:eddie: They are everywhere!!!!! :eddie:

soonerbrat
5/17/2006, 09:13 AM
Should be Taylor and Kat.

should've been taylor and chris.

JohnnyMack
5/17/2006, 09:24 AM

Katharine's voice is schizo. When she sings within her range she's terrific, but she does have a tendency to oversing things and it's clear she doesn't have all the tools. She's butchered more than her fair share of songs this season.

Katharine would fare much better on Broadway with her voice, her look and her mannerisms than she would with a mainstream album. Unless they think she can be groomed into the next Jane Monheit and they give her some sultry jazz that she doesn't oversing.

Taylor has made the season fun. If we had a final three of Chris, Elliott and Katharine I think it would have been a yawn. Taylor doesn't have the best voice of the season, but he's got enough seasoning as a performer and enough enthusiasm that I think he'll be tough to beat.

soonerbrat
5/17/2006, 04:31 PM
I"m finally watching last night's show. Yep, Kat oversang it again, and even Randy said sometimes she should just sing the melody.

and when they were critiquing her after her first song, she kept flicking her tongue out like a lizard. she just bugs me.

mrowl
5/17/2006, 04:40 PM
1st season: awesome, great winner

2nd season: suck, winner is 100lbs bigger now, aka globo gym style

3rd season: again suck, winner is probably working at dollyworld now

4th season: awesome, Carrie will have a great, long career.

5th season: not that great, none of the top 4 would have sniffed the top 4 in any previous season.

remind me when the 7th season starts, according to trend, it should kick ***.

GDC
5/17/2006, 04:42 PM
They should have AHHHHNOLD announce the winners, and tell the loser

YOU'RE TERMINATED!!

I agree, they should actually kill the loser each week, that might make it worth watching.

Scott D
5/17/2006, 05:16 PM
1st season: suck

2nd season: sucked even more

3rd season: again sucked even more than that

4th season: awesome in it's absolute ability to suck

5th season: sucked so bad I don't know how it didn't get cancelled in the first season.

remind me when the 7th season starts, according to trend, it should suck even more and we'll see how many people remain lemmings.

fixed :)

mrowl
5/17/2006, 06:07 PM
fixed :)

I am starting to agree.... :D

Mjcpr
5/18/2006, 08:57 AM
It's Taylor and McPhee......thoughts?

soonerbrat
5/18/2006, 08:59 AM
go taylor!

don't let lizard girl win.

Sooner in Tampa
5/18/2006, 09:38 AM
I hope that McPhee wins...Taylor and his dancing is driving me BONKERS!!!!

jk the sooner fan
5/18/2006, 10:25 AM
Gooooooooooooooooooo Kat!

JohnnyMack
5/18/2006, 10:41 AM
Taylor has some originality.

Katharine sounds like every other broad they've trotted out there for the past 5 years.

Go Taylor.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/18/2006, 11:00 AM
Taylor has some originality.

Katharine sounds like every other broad they've trotted out there for the past 5 years.

Go Taylor.Only problem is, Kat has a much better voice thanTaylor.

SoonerInKCMO
5/18/2006, 11:13 AM
Only problem is, Kat has a much better voice thanTaylor.

Agreed. Now if only someone could convince her that the controlled manner in which she sang "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is superior to the way she has oversung nearly every other song.

Osce0la
5/18/2006, 12:46 PM
Does anyone actually believe the numbers they put up there last night? All of them had 33 percent of the votes, and were seperated by only .6 percent from first to third? It's amazing that every year they set a new record for number of votes, and every year the votes are closer than they were the year before...

JohnnyMack
5/18/2006, 12:51 PM
I'm tired of chicks winning.

Katharine is boring. Unless she sings topless next week, I'm pulling for Taylor.

Jimminy Crimson
5/18/2006, 01:02 PM
Unless she sings topless next week...

<crossing fingers>

:D

Osce0la
5/18/2006, 01:15 PM

Katharine is boring. Unless she sings topless next week, I'm pulling for Taylor.
Her and Pickler could do a topless duet :D

soonerbrat
5/18/2006, 01:16 PM

you already got to see her panties.

jrsooner
5/18/2006, 05:09 PM
Agreed. Now if only someone could convince her that the controlled manner in which she sang "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" is superior to the way she has oversung nearly every other song.not to mention she "steamed" up that rendition....here I thought it was going to be boring, and she made it "hot". :)

Either way...Taylor or Kat...they were both in my top 4 picks

Newbomb Turk
5/18/2006, 06:56 PM
you already got to see her panties.

and that's why she should win.

Mjcpr
5/24/2006, 11:44 AM
Taylor was better on last night's show, he wins it IMO.

Osce0la
5/24/2006, 11:49 AM
Taylor was better on last night's show, he wins it IMO.
Taylor will win by a landslide. I don't think it'll even be close. That'll make 2 Idol winners from B'ham, and 1 runner up. (we would've had 3 winners if it hadn't been for that smokin hot Okie ;) )

jk the sooner fan
5/24/2006, 12:03 PM
taylor is a 3d rate lounge singer in my opinion, clearly he's a better performer than kat, but she's the better singer

taylor will win in all likelihood

SoonerInKCMO
5/24/2006, 12:17 PM
Did Paula say anything of note last night? I recorded the show and had to fast-forward every time she opened her mouth. Woman is nuts.

Taylor probably will win. I hope not though. While Randy was saying "You made it your own, dawg!! Just like you always do!!", I was thinking that what he meant to say is "EVERY ****ING SONG YOU SING SOUNDS THE SAME!!!"

Mjcpr
5/24/2006, 12:21 PM
taylor is a 3d rate lounge singer in my opinion, clearly he's a better performer than kat, but she's the better singer

I'd give him more credit than that, but yeah, McPhee is the more talented singer....she just didn't do it that well the last few weeks IMO.

Osce0la
5/24/2006, 12:29 PM
I'd give him more credit than that, but yeah, McPhee is the more talented singer....she just didn't do it that well the last few weeks IMO.
That last song she sang was horrible (the actual song and her singing it). Taylor's song was teh succ but he at least sounded good singing such a crappy song, which will help him out tremendously.

SoonerInKCMO
5/24/2006, 12:32 PM
Gack. I had tried to forget how crappy those last two songs were.

Blech.

JohnnyMack
5/24/2006, 12:47 PM

Kat would have a tough time keeping a job on broadway the way she misses damn near every high note she goes after.

She's no Jane Monheit when it comes to singing Over the Rainbow either.

Mjcpr
5/24/2006, 12:49 PM
Yeah, the songs they wrote for them sucked. If I remember correctly, I remember thinking the same thing about Underwood's song last year too. Ugh. Hell, even Randy Jackson called out the songs.

Bad.....but hers was the worst of the two.

Osce0la
5/24/2006, 12:58 PM
Yeah, the songs they wrote for them sucked. If I remember correctly, I remember thinking the same thing about Underwood's song last year too. Ugh. Hell, even Randy Jackson called out the songs.

Bad.....but hers was the worst of the two.
The bad thing is Nick Lachey co-wrote Taylor's song - a man that made tons of money off a musical career and he writes stuff like that...:rolleyes:

They badly need new writers.

KC//CRIMSON
5/24/2006, 04:55 PM
350,000 people tried out for AI and the best they could come up with is some hack Joe Cocker wannabe from Alabama? What a joke.

At least with Kat, someone could write her a catchy pop tune, sexy up her image, put her video on MTV/VH1 and she'll sell a billion.

SoonerInKCMO
5/24/2006, 09:01 PM
Booo.

Okla-homey
5/24/2006, 09:07 PM
The Blue State Curse continues.

Birmingham AL pwn3s AI (Studdard, Bice, now Hicks)

Honestly the most surprising part of the show was when flippin' Prince showed up and sang two songs.

I've never seen that d00d on ANY TV show evar.

MiccoMacey
5/24/2006, 09:13 PM
It was Dean's votes that won it for Taylor. :D

Okla-homey
5/24/2006, 09:15 PM
If AI is cool enough for Prince, its cool enough for anybody. That guy invented edgy alternative chic.

Soonerbabeinbama
5/24/2006, 09:17 PM
Way to go Taylor Hicks - you rock my man. Very nice song too. You make Alabamy proud!

SoonerInKCMO
5/24/2006, 09:21 PM
Taylor is still a one-note singing, spaztastic dancing, Jay Leno looking dork. :mad:

Okla-homey
5/24/2006, 09:23 PM
Taylor is still a soon to be incredibly wealthy one-note singing, spaztastic dancing, Jay Leno looking dork. :mad:

Fixed it.;)

heck, I still wish the Pickler had lasted longer.

Soonrboy
5/24/2006, 09:27 PM
I'm still in shock over Prince and the two hawt girls being on Idol.

Okla-homey
5/24/2006, 09:31 PM
I'm still in shock over Prince and the two hawt girls being on Idol.

Its difficult to believe he's in his mid-40's. I bet that d00d still gets more tail than an Owens Field ladies room at halftime.

Soonerbabeinbama
5/24/2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Oklahomey
Fixed it.;)

not quite - you forgot to mention that he is one incredibly hot stud muffin!;)

Scott D
5/24/2006, 09:38 PM
not quite - you forgot to mention that the show is still incredibly gayer than Liberace ever could be! ;)

fixed.

Soonerbabeinbama
5/24/2006, 09:48 PM
aw come on Scott - just because the guy wears a purple velvet jacket.......

jk the sooner fan
5/24/2006, 10:35 PM
they had a pretty amazing lineup of stars tonite

al jarreau is just pure greatness imo....burt bacharach and dionne warwick?

i had forgotten how hot melissa mcgee was.....and its a shame kat didnt wear that black dress last nite, she'd have had a better chance

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/25/2006, 12:41 AM
350,000 people tried out for AI and the best they could come up with is some hack Joe Cocker wannabe from Alabama? What a joke.

At least with Kat, someone could write her a catchy pop tune, sexy up her image, put her video on MTV/VH1 and she'll sell a billion.Well said. Couldn't agree more. Too bad Taylor won it.

Rusher
5/25/2006, 12:52 AM
Tonight proved that Elliott should have been the one winning the crown. His solo performance of "A House Is Not A Home" blew everybody else out of the water.

He might be an ugly duckling, but he got an awesome set of pipes. His vocal is awesome and he'll sell millions and millions of albums, no doubt.

Taxman71
5/25/2006, 06:44 AM
The highlight was a wannabe-Clay Aiken gay fan's reaction when he saw the real CA behind him. That dude is scary...and TRCA looks like a woma.

Okla-homey
5/25/2006, 06:56 AM
The highlight was a wannabe-Clay Aiken gay fan's reaction when he saw the real CA behind him. That dude is scary...and TRCA looks like a woma.

That was heelarious. I guess now that Clay Aiken is officially out of the closet, its okay to portray him as the object of other men's desires. NTTAWWT. Mrs Homey thought the "Alfie" hairdo looked good on Aiken. I think he ripped-off Prince.

Sooner in Tampa
5/25/2006, 07:02 AM
I thought the best part of the show was Chris and Live...they really sounded good together. As much as I dislike Taylor, he made Toni Braxton look pretty bad...you could barely hear her...and I think she scared the hell out him when she backed that @ss up on him.

Okla-homey
5/25/2006, 07:09 AM
I thought the best part of the show was Chris and Live...they really sounded good together. As much as I dislike Taylor, he made Toni Braxton look pretty bad...you could barely hear her...and I think she scared the hell out him when she backed that @ss up on him.

If they had rolled out Patti LaBelle, they would have had all the warmed-over divas covered.

SeattleOUstudent
5/25/2006, 07:39 AM
That was heelarious. I guess now that Clay Aiken is officially out of the closet, its okay to portray him as the object of other men's desires. NTTAWWT. Mrs Homey thought the "Alfie" hairdo looked good on Aiken. I think he ripped-off Prince.

he's out?

jk the sooner fan
5/25/2006, 07:55 AM
i thought it was funny how Mary J Blige just totally pwn3d elliot....."step aside son".........talk about overshadowing your duet performer

did i mention i had forgotten how hot melissa mcgee was/is?

Sooner in Tampa
5/25/2006, 08:23 AM
i thought it was funny how Mary J Blige just totally pwn3d elliot....."step aside son".........talk about overshadowing your duet performer

did i mention i had forgotten how hot melissa mcgee was/is?HEH...the wife and I were clowning Elliot for just sounding like @ss next to her.

Melissa McGee has lost some weight and yes she is smokin. :D A Tampa girl BTW...she went to Sickles HS here in town. I doubt that she makes splash in music industry though.

jk the sooner fan
5/25/2006, 08:25 AM
no, she wont make it, but she might end up in the "girls of american idol" playboy issue ;)

White House Boy
5/25/2006, 08:26 AM
no, she wont make it, but she might end up in the "girls of american idol" playboy issue ;)
Along with Mandisa and Fantasia.

Sooner in Tampa
5/25/2006, 08:29 AM
Along with Mandisa and Fantasia.uuuggghhhhh...I just threw up in my mouth...Mandisa did look like she might have lost an...ounce or two. :P That red dress was HORRIBLE for her. WTH were they thinking?

Hot Rod
5/25/2006, 09:55 AM
Well said. Couldn't agree more. Too bad Taylor won it.

As history as shown, it doesn't matter who wins the actual title of AI.

Sooner in Tampa
5/25/2006, 10:03 AM
As history as shown, it doesn't matter who wins the actual title of AI.I think that Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood would disagree with that statement. I also think that as time goes on MORE talent will flood into the show and MORE people will end up getting deals and making money. Just from this show, Chris and Elliot seem destined to make a TON of dough...along with Hicks and McPhee.

BTW...I think that Hicks will be a short lived ride.

Hot Rod
5/25/2006, 10:09 AM
I think that Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood would disagree with that statement. I also think that as time goes on MORE talent will flood into the show and MORE people will end up getting deals and making money. Just from this show, Chris and Elliot seem destined to make a TON of dough...along with Hicks and McPhee.

BTW...I think that Hicks will be a short lived ride.

Sorry dude. I just meant that Clay and Bo seemed to have done well not winning the title. Also, if you remember Diana did pretty well also.

BTW, I love Kelly and Carrie!

I couldn't agree more about Chris and Elliot. I think this season will produce the most.

Sooner in Tampa
5/25/2006, 10:12 AM
Sorry dude. I just meant that Clay and Bo seemed to have done well not winning the title. Also, if you remember Diana did pretty well also.

I couldn't agree more about Chris and Elliot. I think this season will produce the most.Yeah...Clay has really outdone Rueben, and Fantasia is THE SUCC!!!

Kelly and Carrie are head and shoulders above the rest so far.

Mjcpr
5/25/2006, 10:28 AM
Yeah...Clay has really outdone Rueben, and Fantasia is THE SUCC!!!

Kelly and Carrie are head and shoulders above the rest so far.

Clive Davis said Fantasia's album had sold over 3 million "units" a week or two ago when he was on AI for his annual appearance didn't he? She probably isn't making Top 40 albums, maybe she's doing well but in a different genre.

I dunno.

jk the sooner fan
5/25/2006, 10:33 AM
taylor hicks will fade as badly as that purple velvet jacket he wore

you can go ahead and book your room at the Kansas City Holiday Inn 2 years from now to see him perform

you might see him performing at a place like six flags......only not in concert, but in a bear suit doing a jamboree

slickdawg
5/25/2006, 10:34 AM

you can go ahead and book your room at the Kansas City Holiday Inn 2 years from now to see him perform

you might see him performing at a place like six flags......only not in concert, but in a bear suit doing a jamboree

indeed.

soonerbrat
5/25/2006, 10:34 AM
don't be bitter

colleyvillesooner
5/25/2006, 10:35 AM

Ouch. Well maybe Kat will be on stage at Six Flags, over singing the **** out of some songs. ;)

Sooner in Tampa
5/25/2006, 10:36 AM
Clive Davis said Fantasia's album had sold over 3 million "units" a week or two ago when he was on AI for his annual appearance didn't he? She probably isn't making Top 40 albums, maybe she's doing well but in a different genre.

I dunno.According to our fishwrap which used Nielsen SoundScan...Fantasia's album "Free Yourself" sold 1.7 million units...but the big kicker is that she had ZERO cents touring.

In contrast Kelly Clarkson has raked in almost $25 million touring...and Carrie will clean up too once she hits the road.

jk the sooner fan
5/25/2006, 10:38 AM
Ouch. Well maybe Kat will be on stage at Six Flags, over singing the **** out of some songs. ;)

i never said kat would sell a million+ albums.....i think she's more of a broadway type singer......she's still got alot of her act to polish up, but she's got the pipes and someday will find her niche

taylor will be back with that dumpy band in birmingham, playing the Ramada

SoonerInKCMO
5/25/2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah...Clay has really outdone Rueben, and Fantasia is THE SUCC!!!

Why do you hate "This Goes Out To All The Baby Mommas"?

JohnnyMack
5/25/2006, 10:44 AM
Taylor is a pretty polished performer. I think that with a talented producer he stands to sell quite a few albums. I think his album could be a cross-genre thing that could sell a lot of "units".

Media hype alone will allow him to sell a few million.

I'm just glad that someone that was a little bit different won the competition instead of another generic white chick that couldn't hit a high note if she had to.

Taxman71
5/25/2006, 11:02 AM
Strangely, that Josh Gracion marine-turned-singer guy has had a decent run in Nashville despite being the worst of the top 12 a few years back. Just goes to show you that selling records is ALL about promotion.

Soonerbabeinbama
5/25/2006, 11:55 AM
Best singer by far was Chris - but out of the two finalists, I liked Taylor the best. Katherine certainly has the looks and a decent voice (although she hit several sour notes) but she was boring. Taylor has spunk. Not the greatest singer in the world, but a good entertainer - think that is what the show is about. Taylor didn't shine last night, but he's probably slap worn out!! Out of the two, I'm glad Taylor won. I hope we'll be seeing a lot more of him - so to speak!!

Rusher
5/25/2006, 12:33 PM

I couldn't agree more about Chris and Elliot. I think this season will produce the most.

Mcbooobbies will be good. She's hawt but pitchy. She'll be a good hooter waitress.

Elliott & Chris will make platinums. I'll buy Elliott's CDs in no time.