PDA

View Full Version : Dorrell destroys Carroll's One Ring; Third Age of USC ends

jonathantu
5/16/2006, 07:29 PM
http://jonathantu.wordpress.com/2006/05/09/dorrell-destroys-carrolls-one-ring-third-age-of-usc-ends-as-last-of-the-trojans-sail-to-catalina/

There's a bit of Texas tomfoolery in there, for you Sooners.

Widescreen
5/16/2006, 07:48 PM
Needs Cliff's Notes. Stat!

badger
5/16/2006, 08:14 PM
Needs Cliff's Notes. Stat!

Pete carol returns to Hell. Los Angeles had some war that put him there. It probably involved guns and $hit.

suncoastsooner7
5/16/2006, 08:42 PM
Hard core plagerism...

Virtualy that same piece appeared a few years ago on another Blog. All this guy did was change a few words and replace them with other names, UCLA, and USC. It was a good read the first thousand times it was copied by other bloggers.

goingoneight
5/16/2006, 09:01 PM
funny, but for all of us who are not 'dungeons and dragons' nerds-- rather, just football fans... were bored after the comparison of the UCLA/SUC "rivalry" to an actual war. Since when does a rivalry exist between two teams whose crowd is absent in the event of say... an 8-4 season?

jonathantu
5/16/2006, 11:02 PM
Hard core plagerism...

Virtualy that same piece appeared a few years ago on another Blog. All this guy did was change a few words and replace them with other names, UCLA, and USC. It was a good read the first thousand times it was copied by other bloggers.

Uhhhh, do you have a link to that? It took me nearly an hour of covering up my incompetence at work to write that piece. It's flattering to be accused of plagiarizing my own work, but if people seriously think it's the work of someone else then I'd like to debunk that right away.

As far as I know, I'm the only CFB blogger who does the fake news/Onion thing. MZone and maybe Paul Westerdawg do it too, but it's not their bread and butter.

TheGodfather889
5/16/2006, 11:33 PM
That was funny and mildly entertaining.

soonerhubs
5/16/2006, 11:48 PM
Uhhhh, do you have a link to that? It took me nearly an hour of covering up my incompetence at work to write that piece. It's flattering to be accused of plagiarizing my own work, but if people seriously think it's the work of someone else then I'd like to debunk that right away.

As far as I know, I'm the only CFB blogger who does the fake news/Onion thing. MZone and maybe Paul Westerdawg do it too, but it's not their bread and butter.
Only plagiarism I see is the fact that a certain JRR Tolkien wrote this years ago.

jonathantu
5/16/2006, 11:52 PM
Only plagiarism I see is the fact that a certain JRR Tolkien wrote this years ago.

Which is very, very true. I made sure to apologize to the good professor at the bottom of the story. At least I didn't try to cram any allegory into it, as JRR loathed such.

I did try to cram a balrog in, though, but it wouldn't fit. Orgeron was already being used as lord of the mountain trolls.

Chuck Bao
5/17/2006, 07:43 AM
I liked it - the end of the third age with the destruction of the ONE ring. Heh!

soonerhubs
5/17/2006, 09:05 AM
Which is very, very true. I made sure to apologize to the good professor at the bottom of the story. At least I didn't try to cram any allegory into it, as JRR loathed such.

I did try to cram a balrog in, though, but it wouldn't fit. Orgeron was already being used as lord of the mountain trolls.
Very entertaining though.

jonathantu
5/17/2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

suncoastsooner7
5/17/2006, 03:44 PM

I've seen that on multiple blogs the last four years. I'm not going to take the time to hunt down links to random blogs. browsing the blogs got old after the presidential election. One on particular I can think of was a another Sooner who did virtualy the same piece about Iraq, Saddam Hussein and WMD.

jonathantu
5/17/2006, 06:40 PM
I've seen that on multiple blogs the last four years. I'm not going to take the time to hunt down links to random blogs. browsing the blogs got old after the presidential election. One on particular I can think of was a another Sooner who did virtualy the same piece about Iraq, Saddam Hussein and WMD.

If you can't take the time to hunt down links to random blogs, maybe you shouldn't accuse me of plagiarism.

If you're comparing a story spoofing the Lord of the Rings, including comparing Keith Jackson to Elrond of Rivendell, to a Sooner piece about Iraq, Saddam Hussein and WMD then, clearly, you probably think soccer plagiarizes hockey because both have things called "goals".

SoonerJLB
5/18/2006, 12:51 PM
Now get back to work. :)

tbl
5/18/2006, 01:00 PM
It's not like LOTR wasn't popular and the storyline already set.... I'm defending a whorn.

jonathantu
5/18/2006, 03:09 PM
Actually, a Trojan. JLB, whasssssssup.