PDA

View Full Version : Hernol Hall released by Duquesne

King Crimson
5/16/2006, 03:38 PM
according to OUinsider.

a potential class of Crocker, Clark (both appear likely to qualify), Maze and Hall (anything could happen with either, but looking good) would be 3 top 150 players and a juco all-american. all things being equal, considering the circumstances, that's not too bad.

lubbocksooner
5/16/2006, 03:41 PM
Might have something to do with Shawn James following his coach from Northeastern to Duquesne. He looks like a good player. The Domino effect just continues.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2445470

King Crimson
5/16/2006, 03:50 PM
Hall never played for Duquesne, was at Lon Morris Juco last year and was a teammate of Michael Neal's the previous year.

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 04:27 PM
Heck, if he's as good as Neil I'll take him in a heartbeat.

King Crimson
5/16/2006, 05:55 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/college/s_439018.html

Hall article, from April.

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2006, 08:20 PM
according to OUinsider.

a potential class of Crocker, Clark (both appear likely to qualify).

Not if you read the D.O. :rolleyes:

lubbocksooner
5/16/2006, 08:54 PM
Hall never played for Duquesne, was at Lon Morris Juco last year and was a teammate of Michael Neal's the previous year.

What I was refering to was the changes that the coaching moves are continuing. The new coach for Duquesne is apparently bringing a big man with him. He will have to set out a year but I imagine Hall with 2 years left wants to play as much as he can. He may not have hit it off with the new coach and enter Capel to give him some PT. With a little bit of luck we will still have just as good if not better class than the last few years just not a consensus top five.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/17/2006, 08:35 AM
From all I've heard and read count me as very suprised if Clark qualifies.

It does sure look like we are likely to get Hall and Maze though. I don't know enough about Maze to have much of an opinion but Hall would be a good get.

The class isn't shaping up to be the top 5 class we first thought it would be but it still could be better than average and Capel already has a great start on 07.

The Consumate Showman
5/17/2006, 10:02 PM
From all I've heard and read count me as very suprised if Clark qualifies.

It does sure look like we are likely to get Hall and Maze though. I don't know enough about Maze to have much of an opinion but Hall would be a good get.

The class isn't shaping up to be the top 5 class we first thought it would be but it still could be better than average and Capel already has a great start on 07.

Has the Thabeet, or however you spell it, 7'2" kid declared yet? I saw we were on his top 3 or 5, but didn't hear anything else...

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/18/2006, 09:04 AM
Has the Thabeet, or however you spell it, 7'2" kid declared yet? I saw we were on his top 3 or 5, but didn't hear anything else...

Not that I've seen anyway. I presumed he was a fallback/other option if we didn't get Hall. I know not everyone is too high on Longar (I think he will be pretty solid) but I think if we have Hall and Longar we are covered at the 5 spot, at least compared to our needs at PG.

I'm also a little skeptical of 7' + players that aren't on everyone's short list. I'd take a player like Bogut anyday but I think an athletic 6'9" or 6' 10" guy is the way to go.