PDA

View Full Version : Hating ND

tbl
5/16/2006, 03:16 PM
It's obvious that there is some deep rooted hatred for the Irish among Sooner fans. Aside from ending the streak; why? I know the media gushes over them, but come on... they are one of the great programs in college football (nobody can argue that). Respectable history, typically a pretty classy program, etc. When we're doing good, the media gushes over us (remember us being the greatest team to ever play college FB?), so why the hate? I've been a Sooner fan my entire life and I've never been hostile towards ND. Matter of fact, I don't think they even rank in my top 5-10 hated schools.

Please... spread the hate and let me in the know.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/16/2006, 03:22 PM
Being the favorite media darlings would be enough for me to dislike them , IF I DIDN'T ALREADY HAVE A THEM AS #1 ON MY S*IT LIST! They are the Sooners' biggest rival for #1 all-time college football team. Isn't that good enough for ya?
1) Domers
2) Aggy(lOSUr)
3) Whorns
4)tie: suc, canes, bama, etc.

toast
5/16/2006, 03:31 PM
There's plenty of hatred for ND in other team's camps as well. The streak, media darlings are certainly good reasons. For me, it was the way they went and signed their own tv contract, the special rules they have for the BCS bowls, and not having to split their money with conference teams.

sooner94
5/16/2006, 03:49 PM
I hate ND because they get preferential treatment. They have as many off the field issues as most other schools, but no one ever talks about it. Also, the NCAA does not even acknowledge that ND could commit recruiting violations.

On another note, the true ND fans are some of the classiest around. I'm not including the bandwagon ND fans that like them when they are good (those people are A-holes). The OU game in South Bend was probably the most respect I have ever gotten as an OU fan at an away game.

Drank some great scotch offered up by ND tailgaters.

BASSooner
5/16/2006, 03:53 PM
why doesn't the NCAA just make a new rule that says any team who is not in a conference, will be BCS worthy, but not allowed to compete for the national championship...

Jimminy Crimson
5/16/2006, 03:58 PM
If they join a conference, I might start to consider them a football team.

SoonerDood
5/16/2006, 04:11 PM
why doesn't the NCAA just make a new rule that says any team who is not in a conference, will be BCS worthy, but not allowed to compete for the national championship...
because the NCAA doesn't crown the National Champion.

5/16/2006, 04:20 PM
I hate ND because they get preferential treatment. They have as many off the field issues as most other schools, but no one ever talks about it. Also, the NCAA does not even acknowledge that ND could commit recruiting violations.

On another note, the true ND fans are some of the classiest around. The OU game in South Bend was probably the most respect I have ever gotten as an OU fan at an away game.

Hope it didn't go unnoticed that they HAVE SCOREBOARD ON US! I wonder how their fans act at a suc game.

TUSooner
5/16/2006, 04:23 PM
Me? I'm just a virulent anti-Roman Catholic bigot.

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 04:33 PM
They always seem to play us when we're down, they think they're better than everyone even though their team has sucked for quite a while, the media always gives them preferential treatment, they ended the streak, they can do no wrong in the eyes of the NCAA, they complain all the time, they aren't in a conference even though they mostly play Big 10 teams, every game is a "rivalry" for them, racism, they always choke the big game...

CatfishSooner
5/16/2006, 04:59 PM
NDgay

southern sooner
5/16/2006, 05:01 PM
read the book the undefeated and you will understand the pure hate.....One of the best OU history books and can get it online for under $15.

Big Red Ron
5/16/2006, 05:12 PM
The NBC contract pretty much says it all.

boomersooner82
5/16/2006, 05:17 PM

Same here. The hardcore Protestants here in the Bible belt tell me that all Cathloics are going to hell...

Actually, besides the aforementioned streak-ender, the feeling that they are too good to belong to a conference, the belief deserving of their own individual TV contract, and they get a pass from the media... I hate the fact that they're allowed to have a 3-hour recuiting film play on cable TV every week of the year. I bet there have been hundreds of walk-ons at other major universities (OU included) that had twice as much heart, twice as much talent and twice as much impact as that whiney snot rudy.

(or maybe I hate the fact that I kind of like the movie)

southern sooner
5/16/2006, 05:29 PM
read the book the undefeated and you will understand the pure hate.....One of the best OU history books and can get it online for under $15.

yermom
5/16/2006, 05:36 PM
the only time we have beaten them was during The Streak? 1-8... wow.

that's worse than our record with USC or the CoCaines :(

i can't believe the Big East lets them take a bowl slot from them

Rogue
5/16/2006, 05:50 PM
I'm not a hater at all. I enjoy all of the pageantry and tradition that ND brings to the game. I went to the loss in South Bend and had a very good respectable experience. Like it used to be with Nebraska, informed fans who understood the game and enjoyed traditions. I went back last year when some Tennessee fans sold me their tickets, intent on seeing the CFOH now that Switzer is in. We forgot our tickets but the ticket office peope (actually VOL folks, not ND) replaced them for us. While I think they are smart not to join a conference I do hate the special BCS rule for the Irish.

5/16/2006, 08:24 PM
That's right, Big, read "The Undefeated" to take in the special regard that many OU fans have for the domer.

MiccoMacey
5/16/2006, 08:28 PM
I hate the special BCS rule for the Irish.

This is why I dislike the Irish.

"The Streak" was going to be ended someday by some team. It just happened to be the Irish. I don't hate them for that.

And if OU could get a TV contract with NBC or some other network, most Sooner fans wouldn't object. So that doesn't bother me.

But I hate the fact that the BCS kowtows to them. Since not all conferences have a playoff, I don't think they need to join a conference to be in the BCS. But they shouldn't be afforded an automatic BCS slot.

goingoneight
5/16/2006, 08:48 PM
I'm not a hater at all. I enjoy all of the pageantry and tradition that ND brings to the game. I went to the loss in South Bend and had a very good respectable experience. Like it used to be with Nebraska, informed fans who understood the game and enjoyed traditions. I went back last year when some Tennessee fans sold me their tickets, intent on seeing the CFOH now that Switzer is in. We forgot our tickets but the ticket office peope (actually VOL folks, not ND) replaced them for us. While I think they are smart not to join a conference I do hate the special BCS rule for the Irish.

Agreed. ND is just another great football tradition like us. Though most Sooner fans fail to notice it, we do get respect when it's due. The 2003 OU team was ESPN's 100th annual "best team evar" until the title flop. It's like they say... no matter how good someone is, the other will always hold something above their heads.

Examples: OU owns loSur, but they will probably always have that great rushing record.
:texan: 's always brag about the series record, but OU has the better history and accomplishments...
(please note I didn't actually use the dirty Tuesday word)

I don't hate anyone. I strongly dislike the way loSur disrespects us... one should never treat their daddy that way.
I dislike arrogant fans (of any school).

Why don't I put it this way...

Teams I have the least respect for, if any...
SUC: for the "tainted title" accusations those hypocrites throw at us... why don't they count titles they actually won? Any team who comes off of a 13-0 season with a returning Heisman winner is not automatically the greatest team to ever breathe.
and as stated above... loSur: For all the reasons they are aggy-ish. The jealousy, the racking up stupid numbers to assume they're better, the disrespect toward us when we never did anything to them... No respect... zero.

MamaMia
5/16/2006, 09:02 PM
Like many other young young catholic girls in those days, I was ridiculed for being a Sooner fan. Add that to the list.

5/17/2006, 12:33 AM
Like many other young young catholic girls in those days, I was ridiculed for being a Sooner fan. Add that to the list.I am an Irish Catholic, raised in OKC, and never have had any use for domer. God knows it's not due to racial or religious prejudice. I just don't like 'em. I want them to win just enough where they don't fire their coach. Unfortunately, they appear to have a damn good coach, now. I'll be pulling for the suc in the domer-suc game, now that suc isn't threatening the Sooners' record streak.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/17/2006, 08:44 AM

On another note, the true ND fans are some of the classiest around. I'm not including the bandwagon ND fans that like them when they are good (those people are A-holes). The OU game in South Bend was probably the most respect I have ever gotten as an OU fan at an away game.

Drank some great scotch offered up by ND tailgaters.

Couldn't agree more. The true ND fans are classy, I know several. Like a lot of teams only worse it is the bandwagon fans that the worst EVAR. Plus there are 2 rules:

1. Those that ND plays by

2. Those that every one else plays by

The only evidence that we are missing from the BCS is a stained blue dress.;)

AllAboutThe'O'
5/17/2006, 04:18 PM
I've never really hated ND either. As someone who loves college football history like I do, you've got to respect the tradition and accomplishments they've had and understand that without them, college football wouldn't be quite what it is today.
My favorite ND game, BTW, was in 1988 when they beat Jimmy Johnson's CoCanes, 31-30. I still have that game on tape. I also loved it when they beat Florida State in 1993, only to see them get beat a week later by Boston College on a game-ending field goal.

MiccoMacey
5/17/2006, 04:32 PM
My favorite ND game, BTW, was in 1988 when they beat Jimmy Johnson's CoCanes, 31-30. I still have that game on tape...

Man, that brings back some memories.

My GF and I were on the outs after a year plus. She was at Chico State and I was in the military in Monterey. Long-distance relationships are the succ.

Anyway, she calls me during the game and says she thinks we ught to see other people. I'm watching the game, and mumble a few 'yes dears'.

She calls back 30 minutes later and says she thinks we ought to break up for good.

I told her, "That's cool. But can you call me back in about 15 minutes? There's only a minute left in the game".

Never heard from her again. :D

OUGreg723
5/17/2006, 07:43 PM
I HATE NOTRE DAME AND EVERYTHING THOSE RICH, WHITE, STUCK UP, CATHOLICS STAND FOR.

I like Charlie Weis though. And I like Brady Quinn. I dont really hate them that much. And there isnt anything wrong with being catholic either. I just dont like them.:)

5/17/2006, 08:15 PM
The only time I remember enjoying a domer victory is when they beat the whorns after the 1970 season, in a bowl. tx had won the MNC the year before, and the UPI still gave it to them after that '70 season, but domer pounded them pretty good in that bowl game.

BASSooner
5/17/2006, 08:23 PM
hmmm who would you pick Stoops......or Weis.....

If you're wise, this shouldn't even be a mediocre question...

Duke o Brewery
5/17/2006, 08:29 PM
I have no problems with ND. They're a great tradition and not only do they love their football in a pure sense, but they've done more than any program in America to make big-time college football as big as it is today. My friends who were in The Pride in '99 said that South Bend was awesome and that they had never encountered more courteous fans.

Our tradition has been gaining on theirs since Bud was coach and I believe that we'll clearly surpass them in everyone's eyes within a few more decades. I couldn't give a rats arse about how much preferential treatment or press love that they or USC or anyone else gets...well except for Texass...they can go to hell. But I have no problem with the Irish.

Somebody had to end the streak... you can't win 'em all. Name one other program you would have preferred to have stopped our great streak? Some SEC school? Texas? Nebraska? No thank you. I'll take it the way it turned out, even if there was bad blood at the time.

5/17/2006, 08:33 PM
I have no problems with ND. They're a great tradition and not only do they love their football in a pure sense, but they've done more than any program in America to make big-time college football as big as it is today. My friends who were in The Pride in '99 said that South Bend was awesome and that they had never encountered more courteous fans.

Somebody had to end the streak... you can't win 'em all. Name one other program you would have preferred to have stopped our great streak? Some SEC school? Texas? Nebraska? No thank you. I'll take it the way it turned out, even if there was bad blood at the time. So, does that make domer your second favorite team?

Duke o Brewery
5/17/2006, 09:25 PM
So, does that make domer your second favorite team?

No, I suppose I'd have to give that little honor to 'Bama, despite their imaginary championships.

I'm just saying that I appreciate and respect traditions like Rockne, Rudy and the Four Horsemen, but that doesn't mean I adore the domers. They just happen to be one of the top three all-time most successful programs, like we are. On the other hand, I haven't forgotten how their players treated ours in '57 and how Hornung robbed Tommy McDonald of the Heisman. More or less I'm just saying that they're a respectable winning tradition. I prefer ND more than I do most D1 teams (I'm also a Yankees and Dallas Cowboys fan), but there are several teams I'd choose over them, including 11 out of the Big12. (I never root for the whorns.)

tbl
5/17/2006, 09:31 PM
This is why I dislike the Irish.

"The Streak" was going to be ended someday by some team. It just happened to be the Irish. I don't hate them for that.

And if OU could get a TV contract with NBC or some other network, most Sooner fans wouldn't object. So that doesn't bother me.

But I hate the fact that the BCS kowtows to them. Since not all conferences have a playoff, I don't think they need to join a conference to be in the BCS. But they shouldn't be afforded an automatic BCS slot.

I'm with you, but I still don't understand your point. It's not ND's fault that the BCS cowtows to them. Hate the BCS if you're going to hate anybody. Hate the media if jealousy is an issue. I just don't get the point of hating ND for something that somebody else does.

Josephs brothers hated him b/c their father loved him more than them, but they were the ones in the wrong. Cain hated Abel b/c God looked with favor on his brother, but we all know who was wrong on that one.

I also don't see how they're a rival on a greater scale than Hook 'em . That's a nutso statement...

tbl
5/17/2006, 09:34 PM
I'll be pulling for the suc in the domer-suc game, now that suc isn't threatening the Sooners' record streak.
Not me... and I'm as protestant as they come. ;)

Duke o Brewery
5/17/2006, 09:41 PM
Not me... and I'm as protestant as they come. ;)

Amen Dude. ;)

5/18/2006, 12:59 AM
OK, big and Duke, just don't ever invite me over to your house when the domers are playing football on TV, 'cause I won't watch, unless word gets out that they're about to lose.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/18/2006, 05:30 AM
Never heard from her again. :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MiccoMacey again.:D

TUSooner
5/18/2006, 10:33 AM

Not really, OK? 93.6% of the people I know down here are RC's
I had to say that just in case somebody thought I was a hater. :)

But I do really hate Notre Dame for many of the reasons stated by the other fine posters in this fine thread.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2006, 11:02 AM
I really dont know so much about my dislike of ND as much as my dislike for the media-bcs man love given out to them....When I look over what they did last season, its ok but not the super impressive, coach of the year, jim ross yelling "good gawd, its charlie cha...charlie weis's music", effort that it was made out to be...The USC game was a good game for them but it was at ND, probably more hyped than the NC game, and USC has had to go down to the end with a few teams(Fresno State, the Tulsa beatn Fresno)..But since they finished the year breathing, they get a BCS trip...Homerism aside, We would have beaten them if we played them in the bowl game...But everybody has been waiting for the "glorious return of The Fighting Irish", while when OU came back to glory it was more "They cant compete with Florida State" , "who cares" mentalitiy.. Plus OU's return to glory was a NC..Notre Dame's was a thrashing by Ohio State

In conclusion a look back at that "tough" ND schedule which featured them beating 2 teams with winning records

September 3 at No. 23 Pittsburgh W 42-21 pittsburg 5-6
September 10 at No. 3 Michigan W 17-10 michigan 7-5
September 17 Michigan State L 44-41 michigan state 5-6
September 24 at Washington W 36-17 washington 2-9
October 1 at No. 22 Purdue W 49-28 purdue 5-6
October 15 No. 1 USC L 34-31 usc 12-1
October 22 BYU W 49-23 byu 6-6
November 5 Tennessee W 41-21 tennessee 5-6
November 12 Navy W 42-21 navy 8-4
November 19 Syracuse W 34-10 syracuse 1-10
November 26 at Stanford W 38-31 stanford 5-6
January 2 vs No. 4 Ohio State L 34-20 Ohio state 10-2

tbl
5/18/2006, 01:04 PM
One can't deny how good that ND/USC game was....

PDXsooner
5/18/2006, 01:18 PM
no hate here. i respect and have grown to like them.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2006, 01:19 PM
Can not deny that at all....One of the best games I ve seen...

snp
5/18/2006, 01:37 PM
So, does that make domer your second favorite team?

They're my second favorite team.

So?

5/18/2006, 02:18 PM
They're my second favorite team.

So?I don't really have a second favorite team, especially among national rivals of OU. I would have to go to DivII or the NFL or something for a second favorite team.

NormanPride
5/18/2006, 02:21 PM
Alabama is my second favorite team. After how well they treated me and my friends both here and there, I cheer for them almost all the time.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/18/2006, 03:21 PM
I don't really have a second favorite team, especially among national rivals of OU. I would have to go to DivII or the NFL or something for a second favorite team.

Word.

My second favorite team is Missouri Southern State University who won't be joining the Big 12 anytime soon.

snp
5/18/2006, 03:46 PM
I don't really have a second favorite team, especially among national rivals of OU. I would have to go to DivII or the NFL or something for a second favorite team.

Well, for me OU came into the picture only once I started going to school here. I was raised as a ND fan and I'll continue to be one.

I need to stay away from these ND threads. Conflict of interest or something.

BASSooner
5/18/2006, 04:19 PM
what are you going to do when ND and OU play each other?

Brophog
5/18/2006, 04:37 PM
The NBC contract pretty much says it all.

You mean the contract OU was supposed to get? That's who NBC wanted, but they also demanded that the school be unaffiliated so that they could schedule a national audience, rather than a regional audience that goes with a conference schedule.

PDXsooner
5/18/2006, 05:02 PM
You mean the contract OU was supposed to get? That's who NBC wanted, but they also demanded that the school be unaffiliated so that they could schedule a national audience, rather than a regional audience that goes with a conference schedule.

if you're saying NBC wanted to have OU on national broadcast games, then that's BS. as much as i love OU, there is no way they would get the same ratings as ND.

Scott D
5/18/2006, 05:09 PM
he's right actually. We probably wouldn't have gotten the ratings that ND has, but then again we'd have had to give up the RRS to make the NBC contract work the way NBC wanted it anyhow.

snp
5/18/2006, 05:48 PM
what are you going to do when ND and OU play each other?

OU easily outdistances all others. It won't be that tough.

It'll just be that whenever you guys are saying "AD JUST BROKE 3 PAIRS OF ANKLES, AND RIPPED OFF THOSE GUYS ARMS FROM THEIR SOCKETS!!" I'll be able to know who they are and stuff.

GDC
5/18/2006, 05:59 PM
I hate ND for the same reason I like OU, my dad did.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/18/2006, 06:05 PM
Bill Simmons True Fans Rules:

1. No sports bigamy- you have to select one team in each sport..Unless you live in Utah...

Rule 6. Once you choose a team, your stuck with that team for the rest of your life

You can have mulitiple pro team favorites if you dont have a local franchise(option C of rule 6) and you are following your local college star(s)

GDC
5/18/2006, 06:07 PM
Rule 6. Once you choose a team, your stuck with that team for the rest of your life

I've stuck with the Yankees, Sooners, and Saints all my life. I don't care about other sports or leagues.

5/18/2006, 07:53 PM

1. No sports bigamy- you have to select one team in each sport..Unless you live in Utah...

You can have mulitiple pro team favorites if you dont have a local franchise(option C of rule 6) and you are following your local college star(s)Yes, STEP, that is how it is with TRUE FANS.

StoopTroup
5/18/2006, 08:00 PM
Is Rome still burning?

I think the Irish did it BTW.

snp
5/18/2006, 09:19 PM

You can have mulitiple pro team favorites if you dont have a local franchise(option C of rule 6) and you are following your local college star(s)

Since Bill Simmons jumped the shark, his opinions are no longer valid.

Brophog
5/19/2006, 03:45 AM
if you're saying NBC wanted to have OU on national broadcast games, then that's BS. as much as i love OU, there is no way they would get the same ratings as ND.

Think whatever you want, but that deal was given to OU first.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/19/2006, 08:57 AM
Since Bill Simmons jumped the shark, his opinions are no longer valid.

Wasn't that the Fonz?

Actually I think that those sports rules that should be laws. I have a couple friends who are big bandwagon jumpers and it drives me up the freaking wall. In the early 90's he was a Dallas Cowboys fan, late 90's St Louis Rams, a couple years ago he used the phrase "did you see my Patriots last night." If I had a gun I would have shot him right there for his own good.

I think it is understandible if you grow up say an Iowa fan but you go to OU and wind up being an OU fan from that point. I can understand following both schools a little. I can also understand allegiance to pro teams changing if you move from Baltimore to Cincinnati and after several years you switch from being an Orioles to a Reds fan.

But bandwagon jumpers should be sterilized.

Brophog
5/19/2006, 10:03 AM
Or forced to follow the worst team in the sport until they become relevant again.

5/19/2006, 11:28 AM
Wasn't that the Fonz?

Actually I think that those sports rules that should be laws. I have a couple friends who are big bandwagon jumpers and it drives me up the freaking wall. I think it is understandible if you grow up say an Iowa fan but you go to OU and wind up being an OU fan from that point. I can understand following both schools a little. I can also understand allegiance to pro teams changing if you move from Baltimore to Cincinnati and after several years you switch from being an Orioles to a Reds fan.

But bandwagon jumpers should be sterilized.Perhaps the penalty is a bit harsh, but I don't understand bandwagon jumpers, either. I can't ever see me being an ASU fan, or for sure not UofArizona. Can't be a Cardinals fan, because Bidwill is an idiot who never has had a winner, and the BASTAGE FIRED BUD WILKINSON, two yrs. after hiring him.

FlatheadSooner
5/19/2006, 11:58 AM

Scooter? That you?
;)

FlatheadSooner
5/19/2006, 11:59 AM

That's only because they aren't called the Indiana Fighting Irish.
:rolleyes:

Octavian
5/19/2006, 12:27 PM
Everyone talks about the 57 game that ended the Streak but there were other OU-Irish games in the 50s that were bigger classics.

They probably cost us national titles in both 52 and 53 (our lone losses both years). The 52 game in South Bend was heard on national radio by more than 20 million people and was the first nationally televised color TV football game.

Both were squeakers that saw ND pull it out late in the 4th...the 52 game won the Heisman for Vessels and is listed as one of the Top10 greatest Notre Dame victories by several of Irish publications (I have them somewhere deep inside my closet and dont wanna pilfer through that jungle).

There's many reasons to disdain Notre Dame (gdc hit it on the head though) but my latest: They owe us a return trip to Norman....pansies.

swardboy
5/19/2006, 08:35 PM
Word.

My second favorite team is Missouri Southern State University who won't be joining the Big 12 anytime soon.

I played for "MSC" as it was known at the time.

swardboy
5/19/2006, 08:45 PM

Word...

5/19/2006, 08:56 PM
Everyone talks about the 57 game that ended the Streak but there were other OU-Irish games in the 50s that were bigger classics.

They probably cost us national titles in both 52 and 53 (our lone losses both years). The 52 game in South Bend was heard on national radio by more than 20 million people and was the first nationally televised color TV football game.

Both were squeakers that saw ND pull it out late in the 4th...the 52 game won the Heisman for Vessels and is listed as one of the Top10 greatest Notre Dame victories by several of Irish publications (I have them somewhere deep inside my closet and dont wanna pilfer through that jungle).

There's many reasons to disdain Notre Dame (gdc hit it on the head though) but my latest: They owe us a return trip to Norman....pansies.Jeez, no wonder Bud relished that victory in '56 so much. It broke my 12 year old football heart a year later when domer beat us again, and ended the 47 game win streak.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/19/2006, 10:41 PM
Jeez, no wonder Bud relished that victory in '56 so much. It broke my 12 year old football heart a year later when domer beat us again, and ended the 47 game win streak.

wow...12 in 57......you been around for a while

5/20/2006, 12:07 AM
wow...12 in 57......you been around for a whileHope to have a few more, too. Maybe long enough to see us beat the friggin' domers again, and maybe suc, too. Also, would like to see illegal immigration drastically curtailed, and the environmental whackos understood for what they are.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2006, 12:11 AM
Hope to have a few more, too. Maybe long enough to see us beat the friggin' domers again, and maybe suc, too. Also, would like to see illegal immigration drastically curtailed, and the environmental whackos understood for what they are.

exactly...they need to keep those canadians where they belong

enviromental whackos is correct......

And you will see OU thrash the domers again...

I dont know that SUC will qualify for a high enough bowl game to play us again unless we schedule them reg season....

5/20/2006, 12:16 AM
And you will see OU thrash the domers again...I would like to start out with a simple win, and after 3 or 4 of those, in a row, maybe 5 or 6 merciless thrashings.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2006, 12:24 AM
I wish Bob Davie would be on their sideline too...I remember how upset he was after the 99 battle when the reporters where asking him to comment on how good OU was and he wanted to talk about how good ND was....

5/20/2006, 12:31 AM
I wish Bob Davie would be on their sideline too...I remember how upset he was after the 99 battle when the reporters where asking him to comment on how good OU was and he wanted to talk about how good ND was....Phuqcue Davie and the entire domer program.

Flagstaffsooner
5/20/2006, 12:18 PM
the first nationally televised color TV football game.
I wonder how many people saw that in color. Color TVs were rare until the mid '60s.

MamaMia
5/20/2006, 12:37 PM
Most of their players arent even catholic, nor are they Irish for that matter. Its a big farce.

5/20/2006, 03:05 PM
Most of their players arent even catholic, nor are they Irish for that matter. Its a big farce.Yes, and THEY PSUKCQUE!!!

Flagstaffsooner
5/20/2006, 03:11 PM
Yes, and THEY PSUKCQUE!!!:confused: Can't wait to hear what this means.

5/20/2006, 03:24 PM
:confused: Can't wait to hear what this means.psilent P.

Flagstaffsooner
5/20/2006, 03:34 PM
NOTRE DAME

Spuds, corned beef, cabbage and stew
Catholics are you and dumb Irish, tew
Irish luck won't win this game
School where the hunchback got its name

Your team is little green ugly squirts
Leprechaun blood will drip phrom our shirts
Though you pray old Notre Dame
Northwestern will win the game
GO CATS!

Beers, beers for old Notre Dame
Bring on the cocktails, we want champagne
Send the freshmen out for gin,
Don't let a sober sophomore in.
We never stagger, we never fall,
We sober up on wood alcohol,
All the loyal faculty lie drunk on the bar room floor!

Beer, beer for old Notre Dame.
Bring on the whiskey, bring on the dames!
We drink wine or beer or gin
Don't let a sober person in!

We never stumble, we never fall.
We sober up on wood alcohol.
As our loyal sons go marching
Back to the bar for more!

Ara is gone, and Dan was Devine
but Robinson will kick Holtz' behind!
When the Irish take the field,
Their blood runs cold and they get killed.
Their golden dome is made out of brass
Their marching band just sits on its ***
And the leprechaun is queer
In heaven there is no beer.

In heaven there is no beer
That's why we drink it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer

(Alternate:
In heaven there is no pot
That's why we smoke it in the land of zot (hey, the guy who wrote this
And when alive we're not was stoned)
all our friends will be smoking all our pot.

heh

Soonerus
5/20/2006, 03:47 PM
POTFI...

The VIIIth
5/21/2006, 12:55 PM
Most of their players arent even catholic, nor are they Irish for that matter. Its a big farce.

I remember years ago Al Maguire calling a notre dame basketball game, ND got a steal and made a fast break down the court with five of their players who happened to be black...Maguire screams into the mike "Here come the Irish!"

It was one of sports finer moments.

humbaba
5/21/2006, 01:01 PM

I myself was wondering how many of Purdue's football players have actually made a boiler.

Big Red Ron
5/21/2006, 01:14 PM
Hope to have a few more, too. Maybe long enough to see us beat the friggin' domers again, and maybe suc, too. Also, would like to see illegal immigration drastically curtailed, and the environmental whackos understood for what they are.Now that's just crazy talk.:D ;)

Flagstaffsooner
5/21/2006, 01:15 PM
I myself was wondering how many of Purdue's football players have actually made a boiler.:D and I don't know any of us that crossed the line before the gun went off.http://www.okc.gov/fire/history/Images/erly4_lg.jpg

Octavian
5/21/2006, 01:47 PM
I wonder how many people saw that in color. Color TVs were rare until the mid '60s.

Good question...I have no clue. I'm going off what I read and IIRC the 52 game was the first....the Notre Dame publication took pride in the fact that they were in the first color TV game.

Probably shot w/ cameras formatted for color tv sets....sorta like an archaic HD.

Then again, I could completely batshiat crazy and it was the first nationally televised college football game (color or no).

Either way, it was a bid deal and Notre Dame is the reason we have 7 NCs and not 9 or 10.

5/21/2006, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=Octavian. Either way, it was a bid deal and Notre Dame is the reason we have 7 NCs and not 9 or 10.[/QUOTE] There ya go. Maybe biglebowski and others can now better appreciate why old-timer, long-time OU fans dislike domer.

Flagstaffsooner
5/21/2006, 03:30 PM
I hate them, I hate their church, I hate their alter-boy boogering priests, I hate Lou Holtz, I hate Knute Rokne, I hate Frank Leyhy and I hate Ara Parseghan.

Octavian
5/21/2006, 03:33 PM
...and the 4 Horsemen too ;)

watasooner
5/21/2006, 03:53 PM
I hate them, I hate their church, I hate their alter-boy boogering priests, I hate Lou Holtz, I hate Knute Rokne, I hate Frank Leyhy and I hate Ara Parseghan.

But how do you really feel?:D :D :D

Flagstaffsooner
5/21/2006, 04:01 PM
But how do you really feel?:D :D :DI did kinda spout didnt I?:D

The VIIIth
5/21/2006, 05:37 PM

and the four horsemen they rode in on...

;)

tbl
5/21/2006, 07:16 PM
I do understand why the old timers dislike them... But it seems that there are younger people here that hate on them as well. I think GDC hit the nail on the head when he referred to his Dad. If any of us have children that don't root for the Sooners first and foremost, we have failed them somehow. ;)

5/21/2006, 07:34 PM
I do understand why the old timers dislike them... But it seems that there are younger people here that hate on them as well. I think GDC hit the nail on the head when he referred to his Dad. If any of us have children that don't root for the Sooners first and foremost, we have failed them somehow. ;)Repent, ye wishy-washy fans.