PDA

View Full Version : guess they had to replace the village idiot...

soonerinabilene
5/16/2006, 12:06 PM
didnt see this posted anywhere, sorry if it already has been.

from espn.com:
Marcus Vick agrees to deal with DolphinsAssociated Press

MIAMI -- The Miami Dolphins saw enough potential in Marcus Vick -- both on- and off-the-field -- to believe he deserves a chance as a free agent.

VickVick, the brother of Atlanta quarterback Michael Vick, signed with the Dolphins on Monday, agreeing to a free-agent deal after his many problems at Virginia Tech cost him a chance to be selected in the NFL draft.

"As an organization, we did an enormous amount of research, including consulting with professionals in detailed, in-depth analysis to feel comfortable that giving Marcus an opportunity as a free agent is a risk worth taking," Dolphins coach Nick Saban said in a statement released by the team.

"I want to make it very clear that we will not condone any behavior issues in the future relative to Marcus Vick. Marcus acknowledges that he has made some mistakes, all of which has resulted in severe consequences for him. They have helped him learn that he will need to make much better choices and decisions in the future or risk similar consequences that could jeopardize his career as a professional player."

With Bob Marley gone for the year, i guess saban had to find some other thug to love unconditionally.

sooneron
5/16/2006, 12:15 PM
This is ridiculous! he's not even a year removed from his last "mistake"! This kind of crap makes me hate the nfl. If I were a franchise and I was mildly interested in this lil thug, I would tell him to take a year or two to get his **** together. It's not like big bro Ron Mexico couldn't cover the costs of his training etc.. He needs to prove that he deserves the chance to play for my team, he obviously needs to grow the **** up. A year to chill and mentally prepare himself for life would be a good thing. Along with some real counseling.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/16/2006, 12:21 PM
i though this was a thread about the 2nd coming of nick....

FlatheadSooner
5/16/2006, 12:27 PM
Miami wanted to maintain their market share in thugdom.

tbl
5/16/2006, 12:35 PM
Exactly. Miami doing what Miami does best... This time it's the NFL though.

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 01:30 PM
Why does this surprise people? A stupid NFL franchise taking a chance on a problem child with lots of tangibles but no real position? I AM SHOCK!

SoonerDood
5/16/2006, 04:12 PM
the NFL is just stupid football. Recyled crappy players, recycled crappy coaches...

sooneron
5/16/2006, 07:27 PM
This is also the same franchise that took a chance on L Phillips.

sanantoniosooner
5/16/2006, 07:37 PM
i though this was a thread about the 2nd coming of nick....
me too........meee tooooo.

starclassic tama
5/17/2006, 04:42 PM
the NFL is just stupid football. Recyled crappy players, recycled crappy coaches...

yeah everyone knows the players in the nfl are second rate...

GDC
5/17/2006, 04:45 PM
Unless there are former Sooners playing I can't stomach the NFL.