PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Pentagon Conspiracy Theorists

Mjcpr
5/16/2006, 11:51 AM
Fox (Breaking) News said video of the crash to be released today at 1ET. Interesting.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195702,00.html

WASHINGTON — Conspiracy theorists may or may not be disappointed Tuesday when the Pentagon releases footage from two angles showing American Flight 77 hitting the western wall of the building on Sept. 11, 2001.

The Department of Justice is releasing the videotape after a Freedom of Information Act request by Judicial Watch, a government watchdog. The request was made to quiet claims by some that pictures from that day never showed an airplane, only the "alleged" impact of the plane. Those claims spawned theories that the U.S. government faked the crash at the Pentagon.

"We fought hard to obtain this video because we felt that it was very important to complete the public record with respect to the terrorist attacks of September 11," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. "Finally, we hope that this video will put to rest the conspiracy theories involving American Airlines Flight 77. As always, our prayers remain with all those who suffered as a result of those murderous attacks."

One of the tapes is from a security camera that was used to produce five still shots on that day. That video, which takes pictures in half-second increments, apparently shows the nose cone of the plane clearly entering the picture, then a blur and then a fireball.

The other camera shot that hasn't been seen before shows more of the plane before the fireball.
American Airlines Flight 77 left Dulles Airport outside Washington, D.C., around 8:51 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2001. On its way to Los Angeles, the plane was hijacked and crashed into the Pentagon at 9:37 a.m. EDT.

Three other planes were hijacked that day. Two hit the North and South towers of the World Trade Center and one — United Flight 93 — believed to be headed to Washington, D.C., was stopped by passengers who fought the hijackers. The plane crashed into a field in Shanksville, Pa. Nearly 3,000 people died that day as a result of the attacks.

A dramatic film, United 93, is currently in wide release depicting that day. The film borrows heavily from taped phone conversations that passengers and crew had with their families and air traffic controllers before the fight for control of the plane.

Judicial Watch first filed the FOIA request in February 2004. It received a letter from the Pentagon in January 2005 that it possessed a videotape responsive to the request but wouldn't release it since it was "part of an ongoing investigation involving Zacarias Moussaoui." Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit in February 2006, arguing that the Defense Department had "no legal basis" to withhold the tape.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/16/2006, 11:52 AM
God...you're such a troublemaker, Pat...

Penguin
5/16/2006, 11:57 AM
Well, it takes the goverment a good 5 years to make those fake tapes. ;)

slickdawg
5/16/2006, 12:00 PM
Well, it takes the goverment a good 5 years to make those fake tapes. ;)

I'm still waiting for the JFK stuff to be released, and let everything in
area 51 be known to all.

Mjcpr
5/16/2006, 12:17 PM
I'm thinking this is the same video we've already seen where no plane is visible....just the big fireball.

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 12:22 PM
Jesus was black, Ronald Reagan was the devil, and the government is lying about 9/11.

IB4OU2
5/16/2006, 12:23 PM
God...you're such a troublemaker, Pat...

yea, him and charlie sheen........;)

Mjcpr
5/16/2006, 12:28 PM
What? I have no reason to believe it wasn't a plane.

Widescreen
5/16/2006, 12:39 PM
Americans never walked on the moon. FYI.

slickdawg
5/16/2006, 12:42 PM
Jesus was black, Ronald Reagan was the devil, and the government is lying about 9/11.

Wow, really?

NormanPride
5/16/2006, 12:49 PM
http://www.hoodratz.net/images/hueyfreeman.jpg "Yes. Have I blown your mind? Have I shaken the fundamentals of your world?"

GottaHavePride
5/16/2006, 12:52 PM
Wow, really?

That's a line from The Boondocks.

Oh and Holy ****, I'm on the f***ing moon. (http://www.blogjam.com/neil_armstrong/)

Obviously NSFW.

picasso
5/17/2006, 09:08 AM
Americans never walked on the moon. FYI.
haha, I've seen those freaks on tv too.:D

did you folks know there are UFO experts? how the hell can you be an expert at that?

Sooner in Tampa
5/17/2006, 09:26 AM
did you folks know there are UFO experts? how the hell can you be an expert at that?Don't you have to go to that little college in stoolwater get a degree in UFO Studies? :)

HoserSooner
5/17/2006, 10:36 AM
Not that I'm buying any of the conspiracy theories regarding this, but the video that they released doesn't really show anything that proves or disproves what happened.

The conspiracy theorists will be coming out of the woodwork now. From what I read, the government/FBI were supposed to be releasing video from the gas station, the Sheraton Hotel, and the Transportation Department. The video that was released looks like it was taken with a $25 camera from Radio Shack.

Much to do about nothing.

sooneron
5/17/2006, 10:39 AM
Why didn't the government just call ILM??

SoonerBorn68
5/17/2006, 10:46 AM
I've known the guy I'm working with on this job for almost 20 years. He's always seemed like a level headed guy. Last night he tells me that there is no evidence of planes hitting the twin towers. He sites a 16 foot hole in the side of one of the towers & that the diameter of a single engine is about 16 feet--a hole not big enough for a whole plane. He said the government blew it up & how the Bin Laden family & the Bush family are busom buds. I told him that I've seen dozens of videos of the planes crashing. His answer was the government made them up. Oh boy!

I guess we'll be talking about the weather from now on.

NormanPride
5/17/2006, 10:52 AM
You should give him a tinfoil hat for his birthday.

Widescreen
5/17/2006, 10:53 AM
On Sunday, my brother-in-law was telling me about some video he saw talking about how the WTC attack was known in advance by the Jewish building manager who had set up an enormous lease on the towers a few days before the attack and he personally didn't show up that day. Also, there's no evidence of a plane hitting the pentagon. Dude has weird ideas about a lot of stuff.

Hamhock
5/17/2006, 10:54 AM
Just tell him you are really an adroid and if he gets any closer to the truth you'll have to kill and eat him.

picasso
5/17/2006, 11:01 AM
so what about the various videos of the planes actually hitting the towers? did Bush hire John Lucas to make those takes? and the thousands of witnesses? all pawns in the game of our government.
again, the twin towers collapse from the top. if you have any doubt, watch one of them old building demolitions on tv.

I swear people are dumber than a box of rocks.

no wonder greasy sales people are millionaires. stupid people will buy anything.

HoserSooner
5/17/2006, 11:15 AM
I've seen the video that some guy put together that claimed the WTC collapse was done from the inside, and had nothing to do with the planes hitting it.

There are a few things he says that make you think and ask yourself some questions, but most of his theories are way out in left field. The WTC collapse was because of two big-*** planes hit them, end of story.

Mjcpr
5/17/2006, 11:16 AM
I've seen the video that some guy put together that claimed the WTC collapse was done from the inside, and had nothing to do with the planes hitting it.

There are a few things he says that make you think and ask yourself some questions, but most of his theories are way out in left field. The WTC collapse was because of two big-*** planes hit them, end of story.

I think it was because of the devil image in the smoke.

picasso
5/17/2006, 11:20 AM
I thought it looked more like Scott Biao.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2006, 11:27 AM
Chochi did it?

Veritas
5/17/2006, 11:56 AM
I told him that I've seen dozens of videos of the planes crashing. His answer was the government made them up.
I think it's funny how these types of people will on one hand distrust the government to an extreme level and on the other hand place an immense amount of trust in the government's competence.

That and...I guess the girl I knew that was in the Millenium Hotel and saw that second plane w/ her own eyes must have been hallucinifying. :rolleyes:

HoserSooner
5/17/2006, 12:46 PM

That certainly didn't help. :D

Ike
5/17/2006, 01:22 PM
I can't wait to listen to 'Coast to Coast' tonight...

HoserSooner
5/17/2006, 02:36 PM
I'd still be interested in knowing why the tapes from the hotel and gas station weren't released though.

I just spent/wasted half an hour reading one of these conspiracy message boards, and they are back at it...claiming it was a cruise missle that hit the Pentagon, among other amusing theories.

If they (the government) really wants to put this issue to rest, then they should release the other tapes that apparently were confiscated. Of course, maybe there aren't any other tapes, and it is the conspiracy theorists that have made the story up about other tapes being out there?

Ike
5/17/2006, 02:42 PM
I'd still be interested in knowing why the tapes from the hotel and gas station weren't released though.

I just spent/wasted half an hour reading one of these conspiracy message boards, and they are back at it...claiming it was a cruise missle that hit the Pentagon, among other amusing theories.

If they (the government) really wants to put this issue to rest, then they should release the other tapes that apparently were confiscated. Of course, maybe there aren't any other tapes, and it is the conspiracy theorists that have made the story up about other tapes being out there?

it really won't help. Conspiracy theorists tend to cling to whatever notion they have in their head regardless of the evidence against it. They will often come up with some rather clever ways of dismissing the evidence that nullifies their theories.

Certainly the extra tapes, assuming they exist, would probably put the issue to rest for rational people and citizens, but the consipricy theories would live on.

NormanPride
5/17/2006, 02:47 PM
What's clever about "the gubment made it up!" ?

Ike
5/17/2006, 02:51 PM
What's clever about "the gubment made it up!" ?

sometimes they get even more clever than that, trying to detail how the government made it up in such a way that supports their theory in the first place...