PDA

View Full Version : abc prime time schedule

Flagstaffsooner
5/16/2006, 11:16 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2446647&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

2006 ABC Saturday Night College Football schedule• Sept. 2, 8 p.m. ET: Notre Dame at Georgia Tech
• Sept. 9, 8 p.m. ET: Ohio State at Texas
• Sept. 16, 8 p.m. ET: Nebraska at USC
• Sept. 23, 8 p.m. ET: Notre Dame at Michigan State; USC at Arizona
• Sept. 30, 8 p.m. ET: Ohio State at Iowa or Michigan at Minnesota*
• Oct. 7, 8 p.m. ET: Oregon at California; ACC, Big 12 or BIG EAST (12-day selection)
• Oct. 14, 8 p.m. ET: Michigan at Penn State; Arizona State at USC
• Nov. 4, 8 p.m. ET: UCLA at California; ACC, Big 12 or BIG EAST (12-day selection)
• Nov. 11, 8 p.m. ET: ACC, Big 12 or BIG EAST (12-day selection)
• Nov. 18, 8 p.m. ET: California at USC; ACC, Big 12 or BIG EAST (12-day selection)
• Nov. 25, 8 p.m. ET: Notre Dame at USC
• Dec. 2, 8 p.m. ET: Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship Game

* One game will be on ABC and the other in primetime on ESPN or ESPN2.

trey
5/16/2006, 11:20 AM
could ou-texas be at night?

yermom
5/16/2006, 11:21 AM

that would be insane

and i'm not sure in a good or bad way

Flagstaffsooner
5/16/2006, 11:26 AM
I was wundern' about that myself.

soonerinabilene
5/16/2006, 12:01 PM
wow. 2 games in a row where a big 12 team is gonna get thumped at the beginning of the season. that should really help the conference's reputation.

sooner94
5/16/2006, 12:20 PM

I don't think the Cotton Bowl has lights, although I guess they could bring in temporary lighting, but that never looks right.

If they played it at night, can you imagine how much alcohol would be consumed by kick-off?

Saturday noon works for me.

stonecoldsoonerfan
5/16/2006, 12:20 PM
how many times can usc be on at primetime???? :mad:

tbl
5/16/2006, 12:36 PM
Hopefully enough to get beaten 3 times on prime time.

JohnnyMack
5/16/2006, 01:09 PM
It's HD College Football glory!

I'd watch Akron play Rice if it's in HD.

sooneron
5/16/2006, 01:13 PM
I don't think the Cotton Bowl has lights, although I guess they could bring in temporary lighting, but that never looks right.

If they played it at night, can you imagine how much alcohol would be consumed by kick-off?

Saturday noon works for me.

http://www.mikeshula.com/PhotoGalleries/CottonBowl/1_CottonBowl576.jpg
Yes, the cotton bowl does have lights. They would probably need some to supplement for tv, tho.
The question is, who wants to be in that 'hood after 10PM??

KyleUT
5/16/2006, 01:51 PM
Texas-OU at night is not a good idea.

It would be a blast, though! :D My liver would be hating me for days!

Kinda surprised your game with the Ducks didn't make the list. Guess there is a better game that week (I don't know exactly which weekend y'all go up there)?

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah, they don't want all those people in that area at night, plus that's bad business for the fair, being that it would be closed when the game was over.

yermom
5/16/2006, 02:30 PM
walking back to the car would not be fun at midnight or so

the amount of drunks would be legendary though

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 02:33 PM
walking back to the car would not be fun at midnight or so

the amount of drunks would be legendary though

Getting to your car wouldn't be the worst part. It would be the stop and go traffic through that area that would worry me.

tbl
5/16/2006, 03:19 PM
I recall leaving there when it was dark for the greatness of the 03 game. We didn't hang out at the fair, but it was dark when we were pulling out. Maybe a 3:30 game or something like that?

I doubt they would move it to a full night game though...

goingoneight
5/16/2006, 09:11 PM
That is ALWAYS a game that is covered all week long and several days after. Gameday or someone will be at Dallas from probably 8:00 AM till some time after the press conference afterward... Don't worry about primetime fellow Sooner Fans/:texan: Fans, we own that weekend. So bad it's not even funny. With a possible top five, definite top-ten matchup, a title contender vs a defending titleist, yeah... people will be saying--
WHO-S-C?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

CrimsonChampion
5/16/2006, 09:34 PM
You can't have a RRS ballgame at night, takes away from the sloppy, hot, sometimes drizzly, weather that I've grown to love for football. The '04 game, when it was drizzly was just almost spooky, you could tell there was a battle at hand.

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2006, 10:29 PM
Heard on the radio that the State Fair and the Big 12 let ABC know it's not an option for the RRS.

SoonersEnFuego
5/17/2006, 08:48 AM
I like it. OU-Ut at night would be the $hit. If you're that scared of that neighborhood, have the Adam's Mark Shuttle drop you off right at the gate.

OUstudent4life
5/17/2006, 09:15 AM
OU and texas say no to prime-time RRS (http://newsok.com/article/1846048/?template=sports/main)

1stTimeCaller
5/17/2006, 09:40 AM
leaving the Cotton Bpwl at midnight is no different than leaving the Starplex at midnight after a concert. But alas, I see that the powers that be have said no.

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2006, 10:50 AM
leaving the Cotton Bpwl at midnight is no different than leaving the Starplex at midnight after a concert. But alas, I see that the powers that be have said no.

Dude 75,000 plus go to the RRS. That's alot more cars parked in yards and such, and traffic is way worse leaving the cotton bowl, especially if all the people are forced to leave at the same time. (no fair to go to)

TexasLidig8r
5/17/2006, 01:28 PM
Why do some people insist on monkey screwing around with something that ain't broke!!!!!!!!!!!?????

The game is meant to be played.. in the afternoon... the second week of October.. at the cruddy State Fair....

Let us traditionalists hold on to this one last piece of college football history.

humphhh. :mad:

Herr Scholz
5/17/2006, 02:04 PM
I thought you'd be happy with the extra 2 years in the contract? It's still going to be in the afternoon. Status quo for now...

AllAboutThe'O'
5/17/2006, 03:56 PM
I've got a hunch OUr game with the CoCanes next year will be on the ABC prime time sked.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/17/2006, 03:57 PM
Why do some people insist on monkey screwing around with something that ain't broke!!!!!!!!!!!?????

The game is meant to be played.. in the afternoon... the second week of October.. at the cruddy State Fair....

Let us traditionalists hold on to this one last piece of college football history.

I agree. Having the RRS at night is akin to putting lights in Wrigley Field. Oh, wait......

colleyvillesooner
5/17/2006, 05:29 PM
I've got a hunch OUr game with the CoCanes next year will be on the ABC prime time sked.

That would be awesome.

Octavian
5/17/2006, 05:53 PM
If the RRS/Dallas contract dies...the last one should be at night.

Burn the city down by 6pm, play the game, and go home w/ neither team to ever return.