PDA

View Full Version : Hooray For San Bernidito!

SoonerBorn68
5/16/2006, 10:04 AM
It seems the voters and city council of San Bernidito has decided to try to legislate their own immigration laws...and the mayor is not happy!

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9220486/detail.html?rss=la&psp=news

Mayor Patrick J. Morris on Monday lambasted a proposal that will prohibit landlords from renting to undocumented residents and will force day laborers to prove legal residency if voters approve it.

I offer no "solution" to this problem, but it seems if these illegals can't work or get housing here they won't stay. Therefore:

institute large (that's a 5 or 6 zero figure) fines and jail time for anyone who employs them, and or rents to them. Going after the enablers would be a nice start.

I don't care about the GOP or Godless libs in this case. This is an issue that affects every American when these illegals go to the doctor or get financial help in any way or our dimes. The states do have rights in this matter and I'm hoping one or more of the border states pass legislation that will help curb the influx of illegals.

"Local politicians throughout the country say there is nothing they can do about illegal immigration, that it's a state and federal issue," said Turner, 29. "But I do believe there are things you can do at the local level."

The initiative was intended to circumvent a Supreme Court ruling prohibiting public schools from asking students for proof of legal residency, Turner, the executive director of Save Our State, said in an interview. He said if families can't live in the city, then their children will not attend its schools.

yermom
5/16/2006, 11:00 AM
The initiative was intended to circumvent a Supreme Court ruling prohibiting public schools from asking students for proof of legal residency, Turner, the executive director of Save Our State, said in an interview. He said if families can't live in the city, then their children will not attend its schools.

what kind of BS ruling is that?

SoonerBorn68
5/16/2006, 11:03 AM
I wonder if it was the US or CA Supreme Court.

Widescreen
5/16/2006, 11:58 AM
It's no wonder we have the illegal alien problem that we do when judges are preventing enforcers from doing their job at every turn. Does it really surprise anyone that in many cases, illegals are allowed to pay in-state tuition at colleges?