PDA

View Full Version : Does your dog do weird stuff?

IB4OU2
5/16/2006, 08:11 AM
Our 2 year old Lab Mix Gary-

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1843/dog6on.png

stays in the house at night and prior to going to bed we let him out to do his business but Gary loves to run around the property and check things out so I have to watch him so we can get to bed. Well recently every night Gary goes out to pee and he hikes his leg and holds it in the hiked position for over 10 minutes or so at a time while he's looking around for something to chase or he's just avoiding having to come back in to go to bed. I cracks me the heck up. btw, he does look alot like the pic. :)

IB4OU2
5/16/2006, 08:56 AM
Oh well......I thought it was funny dog story. :O

Mjcpr
5/16/2006, 08:58 AM
I was going to ask if he was acutally peeing.....like maybe he's got some kind of problem.

But I didn't want to look like a 'tard. :O

OUinFLA
5/16/2006, 09:01 AM
My wired hair terrier mix seems to think everything is a chew toy.
From the patio furniture to the pool sweep hose.
Most of all the 3 cats in the back yard are fair game. I have seen him grab them by the leg as they just lay there and he will pull them around a bit until they get ****ed. Ive even seen him put the black cats head in his mouth.
Thankfully, he has a very soft bite. Except on the patio furniture.

IB4OU2
5/16/2006, 09:01 AM
I was going to ask if he was acutally peeing.....like maybe he's got some kind of problem.

But I didn't want to look like a 'tard. :O

No, he does pee for a few seconds the rest of the time he's just standing there with his leg hiked avoiding going back inside.

Mjcpr
5/16/2006, 09:04 AM
No, he does pee for a few seconds the rest of the time he's just standing there with his leg hiked avoiding going back inside.

The old letting the dog out before going to bed thing is greatness. Especially when it's wet or dewy out and they decide to run around for a bit collecting mud on their paws so you get to clean them up instead of laying down in comfort. :mad:

OUinFLA
5/16/2006, 09:07 AM
You pansies,
We put our dogs out at night.
They protect my estate.

critical_phil
5/16/2006, 09:07 AM
My wired hair terrier mix seems to think everything is a chew toy.
From the patio furniture to the pool sweep hose.

my younger brother is a pool builder. i've worked with him a few times over the years, and you should see his eyes light up with dollar signs whenever he does an install for a customer w/ an active dog.

he has a special term for these dogs while he's on the job site. he calls them "repeat business", as in, "watch out, you're about to step on repeat business" or "get repeat business out of our ice chest".

IB4OU2
5/16/2006, 09:13 AM
You pansies,
We put our dogs out at night.
They protect my estate.

I agree we got a couple of cream puff dogs. The lab sleeps at the foot of our bed on the floor on his mat and the schnauzer sleeps in his kennel box he actually never sleeps anywhere else and pretty much closes the door behind him when he goes to bed. :D

OUinFLA
5/16/2006, 09:39 AM
I agree we got a couple of cream puff dogs. The lab sleeps at the foot of our bed on the floor on his mat and the schnauzer sleeps in his kennel box he actually never sleeps anywhere else and pretty much closes the door behind him when he goes to bed. :D

Now THATS a well trained dog!
Congrats.

sooneron
5/16/2006, 10:39 AM
Our dog gets stuck under the bed when he sleeps. Sometimes, he wakes up not really knowing where he is and he can't get out, thus, he freaks a little bit. He also likes to watch tv and he burps a lot!