PDA

View Full Version : United 93

Cack
5/15/2006, 02:41 PM
Has anyone seen the movie yet? I went and saw it sat night and WOW ... it was definately an intense movie ... i don't feel that it's "too soon" for this movie to be out ... i've seen movies about Pearl Harbor and all this other tragedy movies before ... but i was not alive when all of these happened ... i'm 21 and was a senior in high school when 9-11 happened and remember where i was when i heard about it ... it's the only movie i have ever been to that once the movie was over NOONE said a word ... if it was just a movie it wouldn't have had much impact ... but knowing it really happened ... and knowing where i was when this and that was happening ... it was very tough to watch a points ... if you haven't seen this movie ... no matter your political stand ... i really feel like you should see it

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/15/2006, 03:23 PM
There was a previous thread on this movie. I still haven't seen it, but I don't see many movies. I did see the made-for-TV movie on the flight 93, and it was good. I know those bastages are still out to destroy the modern world, so I don't need a reminder.

Cack
5/15/2006, 03:41 PM
There was a previous thread on this movie. I still haven't seen it, but I don't see many movies. I did see the made-for-TV movie on the flight 93, and it was good. I know those bastages are still out to destroy the modern world, so I don't need a reminder.

oh my bad ... didn't know ... guess that's why nobody else has posted

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/15/2006, 04:18 PM
oh my bad ... didn't know ... guess that's why nobody else has postedGotta be. I haven't heard lately how the box office $ are going, But Cruise' new movie lead the weekend, I think.

proud gonzo
5/15/2006, 04:31 PM
I have no desire to see this movie.

birddog
5/15/2006, 04:50 PM
i saw it. i guess it's pc to say i enjoyed it and i got "all emotional" but knowing the ending to a movie sucks. it really coulda been 30 secs. long because they didn't establish any characters and everyone was just waiting for them to storm the terrorists. i think i would still recommend it for some of you SOB's though.

Cack
5/15/2006, 05:33 PM
i saw it. i guess it's pc to say i enjoyed it and i got "all emotional" but knowing the ending to a movie sucks. it really coulda been 30 secs. long because they didn't establish any characters and everyone was just waiting for them to storm the terrorists. i think i would still recommend it for some of you SOB's though.

the directors did that on purpose ... they never said ANY names of the passengers, pilots, or attendents ... for the sak of the families ... yes you know what happens ... and yes i got a little emotional myself ... but the whole time i was just wanting them to pull the plane up

proud gonzo
5/15/2006, 05:36 PM
the directors did that on purpose ... they never said ANY names of the passengers, pilots, or attendents ... for the sak of the families ... yes you know what happens ... and yes i got a little emotional myself ... but the whole time i was just wanting them to pull the plane up

as far as i'm concerned that means they shouldn't have made the goddamned movie. Stories are about characters and if you don't establish any characters you might as well go read a newspaper or a history book.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/15/2006, 05:37 PM
YES!

She's cussing!

Cack
5/15/2006, 05:42 PM
ok so all logical conversations are thrown out the window now ... guess this threads done

proud gonzo
5/15/2006, 05:46 PM
ok so all logical conversations are thrown out the window now ... guess this threads done

who's being illogical? :confused:
you haven't seen any political/religious threads yet have you.