PDA

View Full Version : I saw the Flaming Lips cd

Osce0la
5/15/2006, 08:23 AM
at Target yesterday. I've seen great reviews of it on here, so I'm asking you guys - seeing as how I have never heard their music, should I just go out this afternoon and get the cd? Can you compare it to other artists that are out right now to give me an idea of their sound?

soonerbrat
5/15/2006, 08:38 AM
i have one of their songs on my myspace page

Hatfield
5/15/2006, 09:03 AM
you can always check out clips on their website or amazon

yoshimi is great cd. This new one is good as well.

Hard to tell you a jumping on point cd since they really try to shake things up on each cd.

LilSooner
5/15/2006, 09:29 AM
you can go to their website and listen to the whole cd for free.

Rhino
5/15/2006, 10:58 AM
at Target yesterday. I've seen great reviews of it on here, so I'm asking you guys - seeing as how I have never heard their music, should I just go out this afternoon and get the cd? Can you compare it to other artists that are out right now to give me an idea of their sound? This CD, I'd most closely equate to Pink Floyd.

Past CDs? Not so much.

King Crimson
5/15/2006, 11:09 AM
wayne's always been a big syd/FLoyd fan. when they were recording "hear it is"...the story around Norman was that they were hoping to record a LP a that was a mix of Syd's FLoyd, the early Alice Cooper stuff (when it was a band, and not a guy--and played dirty guiter rock like Under my wheels) with background vocals from magical mystery tour. the Enigma producer Randy Burns (same guy who ruined defenestration's Dali Does Windows) seemed to quash the idea and mixed it in a way the Lips really didn't like. it did come on white vinyl, though. with the bitchinest fold out poster/lyric sheet.

that's what Ruth at Shadowplay (RIP) told me in about 1985.

BigRedJed
5/15/2006, 11:13 AM
you can go to their website and listen to the whole cd for free.
Seriously. Go that route. It's offered up in a Flash player. Be sure to select broadband, because dial-up quality is the default. You can also listen to selected tracks from their other Warner releases.

BigRedJed
5/15/2006, 11:13 AM
Oh, and the site is www.flaminglips.com (http://www.flaminglips.com) .

Czar Soonerov
5/15/2006, 11:15 AM
Seriously. Go that route. It's offered up in a Flash player. Be sure to select broadband, because dial-up quality is the default. You can also listen to selected tracks from their other Warner releases.

It took you 3 hrs to reply, I'm dissapointed in you.

SLACKER!!!

Czar Soonerov
5/15/2006, 11:17 AM
If this thread was titled "jiggly boobies" you'd have replied in seconds...

BigRedJed
5/15/2006, 11:22 AM
http://www.8secondchallenge.com/soonerfans/czar_boobies.jpg

JohnnyMack
5/15/2006, 11:23 AM
I know nothing about the Flaming Lips. However after taking BRJ's advice and listening to some of their stuff online, It makes me wanna get baked and chill with their CD for a while.

Osce0la
5/15/2006, 11:24 AM
nice hijack there...boobies...what was this thread about anyway?:confused:

btw, if this cd has a Pink Floyd sound I'm getting it in. a. heartbeat.

BigRedJed
5/15/2006, 11:24 AM
I know nothing about the Flaming Lips. However after taking BRJ's advice and listening to some of their stuff online, It makes me wanna get baked and chill with their CD for a while.
ANOTHER CONVERT!!

BigRedJed
5/15/2006, 11:37 AM
I should be paid a commission.

JohnnyMack
5/15/2006, 11:48 AM
I'm officially digging this sh*t.

Anyone got a j?

Osce0la
5/15/2006, 11:52 AM
I need speakers on my computer at work :mad:

I'm going to go get my headphones and hook them up...

bri
5/15/2006, 12:22 PM
I should be paid a commission.

You mean besides the 72 virgins in animal costumes you get when you die?

BigRedJed
5/15/2006, 12:24 PM
OK, I guess that'll be good enough.

BigRedJed
5/15/2006, 12:25 PM
Heaven has plushies!